Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshows also been doing Marvel a lot longer, give it time and the same can be said for DC.

Meh... I don't know.... I look at some of the older Marvel PFs that are suppose to be the iconic version like DC has here, and they don't do it for me. I wonder if DC just reigns in some of the artists at SSC a bit more. That and ArtGerms involvement with the ladies doesn't hurt.

Sideshow marvel is laughable at this point...

I would disagree with that. New Doom, Thor, Hulks, and Daredevil all look pretty special to me. Plus, the Allied Cap, Red Skull, and Black Widow all came out beautifully to highly positive reviews.

I agree that some of SSCS marvel stuff isn't great, but others are amazing. The new Hulks, Spiderman, Thor, and Cap all look like they could be real winners. I thn the will bring out some amazing pieces in the near future.

If this was 100% sculpted it would be a instant pre-order....

That and take the new head sculpt and turn it to the front a bit more, and yeah. Would probably be selling my blac and grey Ex.

Honestly, m8 looking at those pics makes me prefer the original Canale headsculpt, and the straight on Andy B head, but they are BOTH great sculpts.

Well You're Nuts ;)

Thank you. This helped me so much.

No Problem

Meh... I don't know.... I look at some of the older Marvel PFs that are suppose to be the iconic version like DC has here, and they don't do it for me. I wonder if DC just reigns in some of the artists at SSC a bit more. That and ArtGerms involvement with the ladies doesn't hurt.

Well those older Marvel pieces were just that... Older..... SSC talents have grown since then... Having said that.... SS has been nailing about every DC piece perfectly. I could care less about Lobo and Wonder Woman as characters... But the sculpts a amazing.

With Marvel they can be hit and miss. Which can be frustrating.

Well You're Nuts ;).

Well the only reason I prefer them is the combination you get. You are able to get a straight on view and a sidelong view in the same statue. Instead of two heads looking in the same direction. The new headsculpt looks great to me.

Well those older Marvel pieces were just that... Older..... SSC talents have grown since then... Having said that.... SS has been nailing about every DC piece perfectly. I could care less about Lobo and Wonder Woman as characters... But the sculpts a amazing.

With Marvel they can be hit and miss. Which can be frustrating.

Yeah... for me Punisher, Jean Grey, and Emma Frost are complete misses for me. While the big boys are all hits.

Well the only reason I prefer them is the combination you get. You are able to get a straight on view and a sidelong view in the same statue. Instead of two heads looking in the same direction. The new headsculpt looks great to me.

Yeah... for me Punisher, Jean Grey, and Emma Frost are complete misses for me. While the big boys are all hits.

OK.. You are not so crazy now ;) ;)

A good molder and caster could do it, BUT that isn't something that the community would support.

That makes sense. I apologize for the oversight. I should've thought better of that post.

Thanks, Spidey.

*Original post removed*

Last edited:
Can someone with their photo shop skills do Some New Batman pics next to Superman?

Also I would not mind seeing what the new head sculpt would look like is it was recolored and put on the original PF.

I can offer no cash for your efforts but I can give my thanks.... Thanks.

Can someone with their photo shop skills do Some New Batman pics next to Superman?

Also I would not mind seeing what the new head sculpt would look like is it was recolored and put on the original PF.

I can offer no cash for your efforts but I can give my thanks.... Thanks.

The Original to me still has a more...menacing quality to it that I just love. The New one is very much more the Batman from the 70's-80's but without the Menace of some of Neal Adams drawings.

Batcompare.jpg

...The New head looks even better in black

View attachment 177026

Thanks Josh-A-Tron!!!!!!!!!!! I think the original displays better with Superman as the black is a better contrast with Superman's bright colors. I think the new head looks great on the original sculpt.. Overall though I prefer the new look as a standalone statue. But like I said, I do think the original looks better with Superman

Josh can you try one with the new version next to Reg Joker?

Thanks Josh-A-Tron!!!!!!!!!!! I think the original displays better with Superman as the black is a better contrast with Superman's bright colors. I think the new head looks great on the original sculpt.. Overall though I prefer the new look as a standalone statue. But like I said, I do think the original looks better with Superman

Josh can you try one with the new version next to Reg Joker?

Absolutely

Batcompare Joker.jpg

Yeah, I am happy to be holding on to my Black EX. I really do love the Andy B sculpt too. Just a little more than the new sculpt.

shhh, you're giving me ideas...like buying the New PF and then buying an extra head off ebay just to paint it :lol

I have come up with an idea or two also...

I don't think I am going to let me original go.. I have grown to really love it... But three Bats in my collection is too many... Will Keaton Bats be sacrificed?? Decisions.. Decisions...

So I ordered the black version a couple weeks ago, JUST before the modern figure was announced.

Part of me is disappointed because I do like the modern version a little better.

Having said that, I got 10% off ($40) the black version.... Plus the new modern is $30 more.

So is the new one worth $70 more than the black one to me? Nope. I'm happy sticking with the black one.

So I ordered the black version a couple weeks ago, JUST before the modern figure was announced.

Part of me is disappointed because I do like the modern version a little better.

Having said that, I got 10% off ($40) the black version.... Plus the new modern is $30 more.

So is the new one worth $70 more than the black one to me? Nope. I'm happy sticking with the black one.

Back