Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't got the first Batman PF, love the look of this new one but I will wait and see what my local shop sells it for as it's to expensive for me to get anything from Sideshow now with the current exchange rate. Thankfully it's not released till next year as I have to much on my plate this year as it is. Looks good though.

Man it sucks it's going to take so long to get here. I just love how this looks.. The new head sculpt really helps the rest of the sculpt IMO. It's just a much more natural looking pose... I was never a fan of the straight on portrait but the other one had the slightly longer neck and was looking almost too far to the side... Still a great statue and I may keep it after I get the new one.. Love the original EX

11970469374_d1005966be_z.jpg

3001312-batman-modern-age-013.jpg

Attachments

• 3001312-product-silo.jpg
    3001312-product-silo.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 168
It wasn't out of nowhere. They announced plans a long time ago

Fair enough, to an extent. To be more precise, I just mean that we've already got two Catwomen and two Ivys, and now two Bats. And you've basically got to buy the first set before it sells out, but without actually knowing if there is going to be a second set, or what that second set will look like.

Red Sonja is another example. They teased a second statue, but after the first sold out (EX) and without really showing much ti help collectors decide which version they prefer. Again, Sideshow is obviously successful with this approach, but it's frustrating as a collector because at $400+ each it's hard to keep up and make informed decisions.

That said, I'll probably cave and get the blue Batman! :yess:

Fair enough, to an extent. To be more precise, I just mean that we've already got two Catwomen and two Ivys, and now two Bats. And you've basically got to buy the first set before it sells out, but without actually knowing if there is going to be a second set, or what that second set will look like.

Red Sonja is another example. They teased a second statue, but after the first sold out (EX) and without really showing much ti help collectors decide which version they prefer. Again, Sideshow is obviously successful with this approach, but it's frustrating as a collector because at $400+ each it's hard to keep up and make informed decisions.

That said, I'll probably cave and get the blue Batman! :yess:

Not really getting the complaint here. You should be able to easily recoup your money perhaps even make extra in the process if you sell the original statue Sideshow forced you to buy and use it to buy the one you really wanted all along.

Not really getting the complaint here. You should be able to easily recoup your money perhaps even make extra in the process if you sell the original statue Sideshow forced you to buy and use it to buy the one you really wanted all along.

Didn't you hear, Statue manufacturers are no longer allowed to make more than one statue of the same character in the same size....In other news DC Collectibles went out of business as their Batman black and white line was outlawed.

There's gonna be a whole bunch of Batman statues on the secondary market now.
Recouping your money may be easier said than done.

I personally don't care for the way they handle variants at all. I like buying but hate selling.

There's gonna be a whole bunch of Batman statues on the secondary market now.
Recouping your money may be easier said than done.

People have been selling the EX steadily since it shipped, at any given moment a full page of the original EX can be found on Ebay, this statue isn't going to change anything.

mmmhmmmm with a TBD ES to boot lol

Seems to be the supply is going to over ride the demand. We'll see.

I just want to break even on the OG and I'll be happy.

This looks great, but knowing SSC's lately QC, id rather not commit.

BBTS is the way to go, no stinking' NRD. Ordered.

First off, I never said that Sideshow forced me to buy. But let's be honest: in this hobby, you generally can't take a wait and see approach unless you're willing to spend extra money down the road.

But the complaint is that we're getting variants without ever knowing what's actually in the works. Not sure about Ivy, but with Catwoman and Batman multiple people have said that they wouldn't have bought the first if they had known what the second looked like.

I get it, that's business. Sideshow is doing well right now, and people love these collectibles. But from a collector's point of view, it's annoying. And I'm not sure how anyone with budget/space constraints can't be annoyed, but if you're not, then more power to you. Will it completely alienate me as a customer? Certainly not, but it's still kind of aggravating.

It's an impressive line up. I think Jokers still my favorite.

Back