Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your out of your ****ing mind. Not in the same ballpark.... lmfao. The Bergholtz portrait is insane & it's actually facing forward. Not saying this one isn't nice but your out of your mind. Black version is sick.

Bergholtz is my least fav of the three by far... Looks more bird man then Batman...

Black and Grey is great but I always had issues with it and I am not referring to the pit issues as mine looked fine.

Bats in Blue is about perfect.

Having said that... You can't go wrong choosing either.. Just pick your fav :)

why in the world would you want the black and grey one. not even in the same ballpark as this one and has a jacked up face.

Black and Grey with this head sculpt is great and well worth the purchase

24bfdf98abfeda722c4782b1d1aae8f4.jpg

I prefer the Blue though and sold my Black and grey :)

Bergholtz is my least fav of the three by far... Looks more bird man then Batman...

Black and Grey is great but I always had issues with it and I am not referring to the pit issues as mine looked fine.

Why pick?

Yeah, I get it. The modern head is my least favorite. His forehead is klingon like. You just have to avoid insults I guess and keep things civil. Tough to do.

Your out of your ****ing mind. Not in the same ballpark.... lmfao. The Bergholtz portrait is insane & it's actually facing forward. Not saying this one isn't nice but your out of your mind. Black version is sick.

black version is just the pits lol, and his old man face. i kid....

to each their own fella. just my opinion, you like your black version thats all that matters

black version is just the pits lol, and his old man face. i kid....

to each their own fella. just my opinion, you like your black version thats all that matters

Actually what would make the black version the **** would be to have that darker material instead of the light grey.

It all boils down to preferences, and perhaps maybe the person's finances. Would love to get both but need to replenish my hobby funds first.

Personally, I think the Bergholtz sculpt could have been better. I find it oddly-shaped and a tad small while Bergholtz did a great job on the Life-size bust. The Canale head, on the other hand, I find a lot of things I don't like, but certainly looks better on the Black and Grey compared to how it looks on the Blue and Grey (again, just my opinion). Basically, if I were to get the first release I'd be getting it for everything else but the head, and will sculpt a new one for it.

A lot of collectors find the new head for the Modern Batman very good, but of course not everyone does. I find it a perfect representation of the Adams/Rogers/Aparo/Breyfogle era, getting the details like the sharp brows straight from how it was drawn in the comics then. I have only tried the Canale head on it to see how it looks, and now it will stay in the box for eternity. I might sculpt a TDKR head, make 1/4 scale pouches for the belt and a pouched belt for the thigh, and get a 1/4 scale sniper rifle just to switch between stock and TDKR sniper scene look.

Blue pops more out when displayed... Probaby due to the bright color

If they were mirrored versions, I'd probably have both too. It's just I don't want twice the exact same sculpt, and in the end of the two the Modern Bats has my preference.

Anyway, the best version will be this one:

:lol

If they were mirrored versions, I'd probably have both too. It's just I don't want twice the exact same sculpt, and in the end of the two the Modern Bats has my preference.

Anyway, the best version will be this one:

:lol

While this version looks good, I still like the belt on the original PF way more along with the head sculpts. This Neal Adams styled head sculpt works best with the blue costume IMO. It doesn't do much for me in the black costume.

While this version looks good, I still like the belt on the original PF way more along with the head sculpts. This Neal Adams styled head sculpt works best with the blue costume IMO. It doesn't do much for me in the black costume.

Yes, I'd rather have the pouches belt with these colors. It's just a quick retouch I made because I'd really like to see a black and grey Batman PF, the first one actually being dark blue.

I also did a full black variant, '89 style, but it's kinda pointless.

Yeah, the belt doesn't match but I like the colors. :)

Other things I tried:

Just messing around but I do like the "animated" look on the left.

Back