Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New content available on the Playstation Network now :D
is a couple of challenge maps with combat and stealth Pred

just downloading mine no

is free btw

Awesome, thanks for the info dude. Just downloading now. I'm actually totally loving the challenge maps. Didnt think i'd be that into em but i really am.

Just got this game yesterday...and wow, I wasn't expecting it to be that good! Incredibly well designed, written etc. Easily the most enjoyable game I've played in a long time. Just got past the second Scarecrow section, thought the Bruce flashback was pretty cool.

Just got this game yesterday...and wow, I wasn't expecting it to be that good! Incredibly well designed, written etc. Easily the most enjoyable game I've played in a long time. Just got past the second Scarecrow section, thought the Bruce flashback was pretty cool.

the flashback to when you're a kid was my favourite part in the game! felt so surreal!! it was amazing! very well thought of by the writers!

But if this really is his last time, I'm really sad. He is still the best Joker. Still better than Heath I think.

Agreed, although the voice he was doing for that other game sounded almost identical to his Joker one which suprised me as usually his voice overs are quite distinct and you don't know it's him until you see the credits.

Am loving that they've finally put an endurance found in challenges too :D

Just new Challenge Maps i assume?Would be cool if they added some new Suits,i would love that.

I picked this game up today and I have to say the reviews were spot on. This game is the best comic game I have ever played. Been playing not stop for the last 6 hours.

Some of the most enjoyable bits of this game are the homages to other comics, TAS, and even TDK. The Batman suit is sort of like a mix between TAS and TDK and Joker is an obvious homage with the more 'punk' style suit, worn, ripped as well as the extended grin and the chain. This might be a stretch but when Scarecrow threatened to poison the water supply I immediately thought of BB. All sorts of spot on references to Arkham Asylum comic, the inclusion of Oracle, Julian Day's cell...I mean apart from the sort of unlikely plot, everything in this game is a love letter to hardcore bat fans all over while including plenty of elements to keep the average Bat-fan or gamer on the edge of his seat.

Some of the most enjoyable bits of this game are the homages to other comics, TAS, and even TDK. The Batman suit is sort of like a mix between TAS and TDK and Joker is an obvious homage with the more 'punk' style suit, worn, ripped as well as the extended grin and the chain. This might be a stretch but when Scarecrow threatened to poison the water supply I immediately thought of BB. All sorts of spot on references to Arkham Asylum comic, the inclusion of Oracle, Julian Day's cell...I mean apart from the sort of unlikely plot, everything in this game is a love letter to hardcore bat fans all over while including plenty of elements to keep the average Bat-fan or gamer on the edge of his seat.

just finished the game !
WOW best superhero game and by far game of the year.
The ending was so awsome and I cant wait for a sequel.

finished at 73%
going to work on getting 100%

I've beat it twice after today. Just an all around awesome game. Looking forward to a sequel.

bat-1.jpg

Did any one check and see if their was a new PS3 challenge map today? thought i read on here their was suppose to be a new one today.

Yes, there is new DLC. My completion is somewhere in the upper 80% right now. The story is 100% complete, riddles and all (did NOT have to use the internet to complete the game, which is awesome!), so now I've got to buckle down and try to get interested in the button mashing challenges. I love the predator challenges - I'm working on my Gold (24x) trophy right now...

So what's the secret with the combos? I've just mashed square over and over this whole time.

AngryEwok - I'm in the same boat you are. Right now I'm at 90%, and would like to get my first platinum trophy ever. The big obstacle is the combat challenges. Like you, I pretty much just mashed buttons to get through combat in the game. As a result even the "easy" combat rooms are pretty tough (for me).

Here's a link to the best page I've found so far in describing how to handle the combat system. It's actually for the 360, but readily adaptable to the PS3.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/952338/57661

Back