B&W Friday isn't over yet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it as a kid maybe 20 years ago, thought I knew the answer, tried googling it to verify, no luck, so just went with my gut feel.

I often wonder how they pick the correct answer to be eligible for contest. For instance, if I were to say, "eye/head" would that be eligible if the answer was just "eye"? I just put one word down. Is it an automated filtering system, that could potentially exclude too much info, or is it a person on the other end applying common sense logic?

I do remember this movie being pretty cool. This was back in the day when they used to have the afternoon horror flicks on the weekends, I think back in the early 80's. Not sure how it has stood up to test of time now, and I'm a little older know, possibly wiser, so I should probably check it out again to see how it holds up to that "classic" standard.

Edit: my answer was not "eye" or "head", so if this actually turns out to be the answer, I'll be feeling a little stupid.

Dammit, cursed sleep! I missed this one. And after having to cancel my orders twice for the Silver Screen Creature before, this one really hurts. :monkey2

Don't feel bad, I didn't even see the contest until it was way too late(Sat. Afternoon!). Being a serious Creature fan, this was rather annoying( Correct answer, for those that might still have to look it up: his left arm and hand). damn..PS

I totally overlooked this contest too. All the black friday shopping really wore me out so I decided to go to bed without checking the net. Big mistake there.

Don't feel bad, I didn't even see the contest until it was way too late(Sat. Afternoon!). Being a serious Creature fan, this was rather annoying( Correct answer, for those that might still have to look it up: his left arm and hand). damn..PS

It was his right hand... You don't see a thumb.

I put hand too, and I figured that would even cover the off-chance that they would consider the fossil as the first appearance --- of at least one "creature."

LOTRFan said:
... the off-chance that they would consider the fossil as the first appearance...

The question asks: "In the 1954 film 'Creature from the Black Lagoon,' which body part of the living Gill Man do we see first?"

cfblhnd01qk6.jpg

cfblhnd02vp5.jpg

I think I put Webbed Hand....but now I'm not sure. I wonder if specifying which hand will be needed....

I was just looking for the winner results. Guess not me. I put "hand" too, and the shot from a couple previous posts is what I remembered as a kid. Those brain cells somehow dodged my college experience. :duh

Sorry, got the wrong side there. As I get older I seem to have developed a bit of dyslexia(age sucks). So does missing a chance at that SSE Gillman...PS

Back