Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 236169

Amazingly premature I know but when I saw this on FB I immediately thought of this group. 67 figures?! If you take an average figure cost of about $240 that's $16,080 to complete whatever line up comes (assuming that HT does them all, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't...)

An average of $240. Lol, that's cute. That would mean taking Iron Man, Thanos and Hulk out of the equation to get those prices by the time this line is released.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

We were being figurative when we said [67 characters] and people took it as literal but there’s a lot of characters. Infinity War is meant to be the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up to that point. It’s very ambitious in its scope, it wants to take everythign that you’ve seen before and coalesce into some kinda of climactic ending. It’s complicated , ambitious storytelling…We’re not talking about lead characters, just people that make an appearance.”

Captain America Civil War, Avengers 3 Updates from Directors | Collider

Thats odd because 67 is a specific number. That number get pulled out of a hat? He coukd have dozens of characters. Or lots of characters. Or tons of characters.

But to use 67 implies that one has gone through and counted characters. Meaning they actually exist.

Thats odd because 67 is a specific number. That number get pulled out of a hat? He coukd have dozens of characters. Or lots of characters. Or tons of characters.

But to use 67 implies that one has gone through and counted characters. Meaning they actually exist.

I mean, to me it seems like a really random number. I use random numbers all the time when exaggerating things, I'm sure most of us do.

Anybody try to list them all out? :lol

1 iron man
2 captain america
3 bucky
4 falcon
5 black widow
6 hawkeye
7 sharon carter
8 scarlet witch
9 antman
10 wasp
11 thor
12 loki
13 heimdall
14 sif
15 - 17 warriors 3
18 starlord
19 gamora
20 drax
21 groot
22 rocket
23 mantis
24 spiderman
25 hulk
26 daredevil
27 jessica jones
28 iron fist
29 luke cage
30 black panther
31 captain marvel
32 doctor strange
33 patsy walker
34 maria hill
35 nick fury
36 general ross
37 pepper potts
38 jane foster
39 - 40 jane fosters two friends
41 nebula
42 thanos
43 war machine

im sure the inhumans will be in there, but i doubt there will be 20 of em. do you think they would add the agents of shield people?

As long as THIS GUY is in it:

a4406767007ca34f31bad9a53ef86eac.gif

The Hot Toy will be epic.

I just don't see how or why they would put all those people on screen, even for a couple of seconds. The appearance fee (Alien3 - Micheal Bien) would be horrendous, unless half of them are happy for freebie cameos just to sign the series off..

Certainly a bit far away for me to be thinking about Hot Toys. At this stage my interest is:
New Avengers Scarlet Witch. Civil War figure or not, it seems likely to coincide with the Civil War figures.
Thor 3. Pretty much anything from that universe, especially Thor and Loki
Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Star-Lord. I know where I can get a copy from locally of the original figure, but it is Iron Man prices.

Avengers: Infinity War Script Update & Character Clarification

“We were being figurative when we said [67 characters] and people took it as literal but there’s a lot of characters. Infinity War is meant to be the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up to that point. It’s very ambitious in its scope, it wants to take everything that you’ve seen before and coalesce into some kinda of climactic ending. It’s complicated , ambitious storytelling…We’re not talking about lead characters, just people that make an appearance.

Man, I can't wait to see all the heroes unite against Thanos.

*Drools*

Maybe it will be one of the most iconic shots in cinema history?

Looking at that list, I could see figures of all of the characters that we've already gotten, obviously, as well as the upcoming Phase 3 movies. So, maybe 25 or 30, tops. In other words, I wouldn't bet on a Kat Dennings figure just yet. :lol

I just don't see how or why they would put all those people on screen, even for a couple of seconds. The appearance fee (Alien3 - Micheal Bien) would be horrendous, unless half of them are happy for freebie cameos just to sign the series off..

Certainly a bit far away for me to be thinking about Hot Toys. At this stage my interest is:
New Avengers Scarlet Witch. Civil War figure or not, it seems likely to coincide with the Civil War figures.
Thor 3. Pretty much anything from that universe, especially Thor and Loki
Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Star-Lord. I know where I can get a copy from locally of the original figure, but it is Iron Man prices.
Probably all written into their contracts when they signed on originally I imagine, therefore they wouldn't have to worry about the million dollar cameo fees from some of them.

Probably all written into their contracts when they signed on originally I imagine, therefore they wouldn't have to worry about the million dollar cameo fees from some of them.

They still get paid. They often sign multi picture deals that state how many starring or headline bill roles they commit to and how many cameo roles. But that still are paid for doing it. Like with DW and Evans in his little cameo as Loki being Rodgers. Still got paid significant money for that small role. Even cameo roles cost.

I just suddenly dawn on me tonight at dinner...

A1 - Iron Man has 2 suits - 6 & 7
A2 - Iron Man has 3 suits -43, 44 & 45

So, if the trend holds...

A3 (part 1 & 2) - Iron Man should have 4 suits? 47, 48, 49 & 50?

And 43 is just a repaint of 42. Just the finished version of the proto so it's a carry over as well. Each film has unique production teams so reading to much into it is hard. Could be 1 suit, or it could be 30. Depends what the story calls for.

I don't see there ever being a movie with just one suit in it. Officially it will be because his work suit gets too damaged to use in the final battle (going on past trends)

It depends on the story. and time or amount of characters. I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of plausible. If they have 30 characters for infinity war they may just use one suit due to time and budget.

Back