Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

Sitting here in the end credits. HOLEE. Shhh....

Unreal crowd reactions and gasps.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just came from seeing it - there were literal moments when events from the movie had multiple people around me holding their mouths in awe.

Movie was epic.

Just got back.

I wasn't thrilled with it. Don't get me wrong, there's a huge amount of good stuff IMO. I'm seeing it again Saturday. But for me there were *issues*.
I'd give it a B to B+. Things that got a lot of emphasis either didn't grab me or just parts that IMO bogged down (which kinda shocked me as the Russos IMO usually edit beautifully).

Felt let down by the Russos, somewhat. Some things needed more work; others more time IMO; a few confusing things; other stuff great. Can see myself owning this and spending time forwarding through stuff.

Definitely Thanos movie. Maybe I'll feel differently after a re-see tho right now I can't see going back to this over and over in theater. My sold-out theater was dead silent when it ended. There were some appropriate laughs during the movie but I dunno - by the end I know I was kinda irritated.

Without spoiling will give a shout-out to Thor - not a hugely favorite character of mine, but IMO had a nice arc and thought Hemsworth did good. And again there was a lot of good to great moments. :dunno

IW_swag.jpg

Got my freebie coin but had to pay for the cup.:rolleyes2

Hm.

Had a great, fun time watching but I think this one embodies the criticisms of the MCU more than any other. While there are a couple of shockers, some of the losses are so obviously temporary that they have no dramatic weight at all. Probably would have helped to introduce Thanos' motivation earlier in the series to really make him relatable. I'm curious to watch the resolution but not exactly dying for it.

Reminded me a little of Return of the Jedi in that it's not really a proper story so much as 2+ hours of climax.

Still fun but not a patch on Winter Soldier IMO.

WOW...

definitely a lot of fun action and hero moments. Astonishing 3d.A cool scary but cliché cgi villain (totally reminded me of apocalypse and his horse men lmaaoooo)

But damn this movie was a mess. No real plot except mini guardians 3 and mini Thor 4 going on. Yes thanos poses a real threat, but all of that tension and dread is vacuum sucked right out with the last "twist event". Humor was ok lots of hit and miss (strangely the audience didn't react to anything at all for the first 45 mins or so and then by the end they were cheering for black panther)

every other characterr seem to be shafted except maybe iron man. And for the first 20 mins my imax 3d screen was so dark and blurry I thought they were playing a bootleg. 2 1/2 is a lot to ask for someones time and to give no satisfaction at the end is going to make this movie harder and harder to re watch. I was pretty excited to see black widow and capt in there disguise being cool, but that was barely mentioned at all.

This 1/2 movie is exactly what Marvel needed. No more villain problems.

It does not work because we all know the next movie will you know what. Fix, the current problems with this one in you know which way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t a fan, big let down for me. I thought it was just boring whenever Thanos was in it and didn’t care for his henchmen either. Just no real suspense...expected much more. Loved most Marvel movies, especially Phase 1 but just never got into this one. Enjoyed Black Panther a lot more.

WOW...

definitely a lot of fun action and hero moments. Astonishing 3d.A cool scary but cliché cgi villain (totally reminded me of apocalypse and his horse men lmaaoooo)

But damn this movie was a mess. No real plot except mini guardians 3 and mini Thor 4 going on. Yes thanos poses a real threat, but all of that tension and dread is vacuum sucked right out with the last "twist event". Humor was ok lots of hit and miss (strangely the audience didn't react to anything at all for the first 45 mins or so and then by the end they were cheering for black panther)

every other characterr seem to be shafted except maybe iron man. And for the first 20 mins my imax 3d screen was so dark and blurry I thought they were playing a bootleg. 2 1/2 is a lot to ask for someones time and to give no satisfaction at the end is going to make this movie harder and harder to re watch. I was pretty excited to see black widow and capt in there disguise being cool, but that was barely mentioned at all.

THIS. Lots of *imbalance* IMO. Also I pestered my bro all the way home re a couple of scenes that I just didn't get. Tho IMO Mark Ruffalo is a treasure.

Sweet Mary, mother of ****. Did that happen? That just happened. Wow. Whoa. That-that-that just...yup, that just happened. I think. No, I know. Yes. Yes, that just happened. Holy ****ing **** ****. Wow. Yes. That just ****ing happened. Whoa.

Sweet Mary, mother of ****. Did that happen? That just happened. Wow. Whoa. That-that-that just...yup, that just happened. I think. No, I know. Yes. Yes, that just happened. Holy ****ing **** ****. Wow. Yes. That just ****ing happened. Whoa.

Exactly. I need to see this again. Can’t wait to openly discuss this here. There’s going to probably be a lot of confusion initially for people. Just wait for part 2.

It does not work because we all know the next movie will you know what. Fix, the current problems with this one in you know which way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably likely. But the reality is...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just back. Brolin owned.

This was a Thanos movie all the way. :rock They did an excellent job all around with him.

Sitting here in the end credits. HOLEE. Shhh....

Unreal crowd reactions and gasps.
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was eerie silent during the credits with people waiting for the bonus scene. You could tell the ending took everybody off guard.

Exactly...:lol

And after all of that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also

Spoiler Spoiler:

Going in, didn't think it would top Black Panther but it did and then some. I am absolutely shook to the bone at what I saw tonight. It was the perfect combination of action and drama, levity and tragedy. And utter despair. There were things in this film that just broke me and more things that just left me stunned. I sat silent through the credits. Funny thing. My theatre was absolutely packed and everyone cheered, screamed, laughed their collective asses and applauded all through the film. And then deadly silence when the credits started. That's just surreal. I don't think I've ever seen an audience go from being that elated and that into the rush of a watching a film to having their hearts pulled out of their chests. This is a beast of a film. Maybe even better than Winter Soldier. And that's just crazy. I still can't get Cap's final words out of my head from tonight. Chilling.

Back