Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a really nice letter from Asmus about my order and the website issues. I don’t know if it was an email sent out to everyone or just those that emailed them with issues. They had already responded to my email so I am leaning towards this went out to everyone. It basically apologizes for the issues and assures you that your order did go through. For those that are worried about ordering directly from them I will say that I have ordered every Middle Earth figure and pack they have put up on their website and all of them have arrived. The couple of times there were issues Asmus did take care of it for me so I feel pretty comfortable placing my orders with them.

I got a lovely response from Asmus, so Im feeling very reassured and excited for this figure!

Totally preordered....cant wait for the white orc...I will say ocrist looks a little undersized...I plan on using the collectible letteropener like I did with thranduil though for this guy as well

I got the e-mail from Asmus, too. And I didn't contact them first, so it looks like they're sending them out to everybody who ordered.

Thank you, Asmus! Looking forward to this guy!

I didn't get an e-mail about my order, but I had no issues with it. That does, however, come after I e-mailed them and told them I was getting a Forbidden notice the other day. They sent me a link and everything went smoothly.

I got the e-mail from Asmus, too. And I didn't contact them first, so it looks like they're sending them out to everybody who ordered.

Thank you, Asmus! Looking forward to this guy!

I got a nice e-mail as well but was already impressed with an earlier quick response. Plus LOL I've got him POd at BBTS - plan to keep both.:drool

I didn't get an e-mail about my order, but I had no issues with it. That does, however, come after I e-mailed them and told them I was getting a Forbidden notice the other day. They sent me a link and everything went smoothly.

Glad you finally got through!

Totally preordered....cant wait for the white orc...I will say ocrist looks a little undersized...I plan on using the collectible letteropener like I did with thranduil though for this guy as well

I'll wait and see - I've got the letter opener dwarf swords as well. Hard to say as Thorin and Dwalin were "taller" dwarves. Just so impressed with this release and happy, as well. Appreciate ASMUS' efforts and costume details!:clap:clap:clap:)

It's a small thing - no pun intended - but am excited about the pipe as much as anything. Re the scene at Bag End!

Fili-Thorin-MM.jpg

SDCC-2018-Asmus-Figures-026.jpg

SDCC-2018-Asmus-Figures-027.jpg

ASMUS has Richard Armitage's crystal blue eyes and the lush hair right, swords and costume.:drool:gandalf

I dare to say severely undersized.
orcrist4.jpg

It's almost like they used human sized prop as a reference (and it seems on the small side even there):
Legolas-with-Orcrist-legolas-greenleaf-38039921-500-213.jpg

The rest of the fig looks really great!

I dare to say severely undersized.
orcrist4.jpg

It's almost like they used human sized prop as a reference (and it seems on the small side even there):
Legolas-with-Orcrist-legolas-greenleaf-38039921-500-213.jpg

The rest of the fig looks really great!

Please don't worry,
the sword is big and in the right size,
may be just the angle of the photos,
we are very aware of the size~

Please don't worry,
the sword is big and in the right size,
may be just the angle of the photos,
we are very aware of the size~

For me not worried at all, blown away by what I've seen so far. With the planned Bilbo too.:drool:drool:drool

Here's a better look at his accessories, and yes he comes with the key to Erebor! Lovingly pinched from the Asmus Facebook page.

38779938_10155465152276968_2615184670043668480_o.jpg

So it looks like the the Dwarven sword won't be metal? That's okay. It looks great but there's no chance I'd be posing him with anything other than Orcrist which may be my favorite sword design in all of the Jackson movies.

EDIT: Also, I'm loving Thorin's sprinkling of gray hairs. Hope the production figure includes that detail.

Im super stoked that the hands look blocky...thats how they were in the movie...so small of a detail but still cool....i will say i trust asmus for the most part but yea...those swords look small...i have only ever had that issue with one other figure and that was thranduil...but two years ago...i wiuld have never thought a thorin 5 armies was possible...keep it up asmus...killin it

So it looks like the the Dwarven sword won't be metal? That's okay. It looks great but there's no chance I'd be posing him with anything other than Orcrist which may be my favorite sword design in all of the Jackson movies.

EDIT: Also, I'm loving Thorin's sprinkling of gray hairs. Hope the production figure includes that detail.

Am so glad they are including both tho - Deathless is a great dwarf design, pretty elaborate. And the key to Erebor! Plus the sculpt, paint, hair, costume. Agree about the hands - I've seen pictures of the actors without the prosthetic hands in those bulky costumes and it looks really strange. And Thorin's rings which were pretty distinctive. Thrilled with the thick hair - Thorin has great hair (hairy dwarves!) there must be no skimping w. dwarf hair.:cool:

Back