Armoured Lurtz is the new 1/4 Premium Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Start! Deffo need Aragorn to face him now
fotr_059.gif

It was a great choice by SS to start with the Armoured Lurtz figure in the first ever PF LOTR line. It will give thier best example of priemum format sculpting and tailoring as well as thier much anticipated armour and weapon treatment. I am deff excited about the LOTR 1/4 line and can't wait to see when they will ship.

After all it's just money right.......

Jesse

PsychoCenobite said:
Oh good God I'm screwed! :sick

Please, oh Lord, make these figures look crap!

PsychoCenobite :cool:

LLLLOOOLLLL...NO CHANCE IN HELL...

Awesome news!

And I'm loving the online newsletter. Instead of waiting for an email (which usually came about 5:00 PM), I can get login and view it in the morning. :clap

BillDoor said:
Just out of curiosity, why do people think this is Armored Lurtz?

You can see the White Hand war paint on his face. There were also many other good reasons stated above.

I just want to go on record as saying Thank You Sideshow! With all of the crap from Master Replicas that has been a slap to the face of fans over the last few days, you guys are proving that you really listen!

There's a reason why you've always been my favorite collectibles company, and I'm glad that this success is coming for you guys now.

LOTR PF's, SW PF's, Marvel PF's, and SW 12" line all look like major winnners for the company. Congrats!

Sir Tristram said:
The problem is....the Premium part of he equation!
Real Armor and leather! Yowsers! What do you think? $350? $450?
vader is $350....Greivous is $450....
I might split the difference...$375 regular....$400 exclusive.
?

Yeah, I'm thinking about $400 for this piece. I really hope it has REAL leather and metal. WOW!!!!:horror

I bet the hair will be rooted and not sculpted. I prefer sculpted hair as well, but I think rooted hair might look better with this figure.

Yeah, I think about $375 for him with all that will go into this piece. I also agree with Jesse that this figure really allows SS to show what they will be able to do with this line. Being a major LOTR I'll be getting these for sure and just when I thought my CC was safe too. LOL :D

What I want to know is this is this Sideshow Exclusive piece, will it be sold on Sideshow only or will th retailers have it for less? Thanks.

ju421019 said:
What I want to know is this is this Sideshow Exclusive piece, will it be sold on Sideshow only or will th retailers have it for less? Thanks.

There will most likely be an exclusive version on the SS site only that has an accessory found nowhere else. There will be a regular edition for retailers that is cheaper, but doesn't have that accessory (most likely a bow, shield, or something similar).

Not unexpected; had assumed it would be one of the armored warriors...since it would be more dramatic than a hobbit =/

I'm scare to think what they can do with the statue. Me wants! ...but not sure me can afford =(

I just put up my affiliate banner for Lurtz and in it you get a totally different view of the head from the side. It looks as if the hair is sculpted or at least some of it is going to be anyway.

Here is a pic of the banner image and a pic of the bust from the same side angle. Notice around the ears you see more of the left ear on the banner pic than the bust.

Banner

Yeah, from that pic you can tell the hair is sculpted!:banana

This piece looks incredible. I wonder who sculpted it? It kind of looks like Andy B's work.

elwood49 said:
Yeah, from that pic you can tell the hair is sculpted!:banana

Yup!!:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

elwood49 said:
This piece looks incredible. I wonder who sculpted it? It kind of looks like Andy B's work.

I would really dig it even more if it was Andy. Being that he and I are both from Missouri and I've met him that would be sweet for a personal reason. Though Matt and Oluf would be awesome as well having met them.

I'm guessing it's Dooley. And I don't think it's necessarily polystone hair. It could be a very matted hair-like substance.

Strike two!

As much as I appreciate the votes of confidence (and as much as I would have loved to work on this guy), this one was done by a VERY talented gentleman named Steve West. Most of you are already familiar with some of his work, although you may not realize it...

*ahem*

https://www.xofacto.com/justin024/cave-t.jpg

Back