1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too bad about the price, because this is the first wolverine that really speaks to me! I think I am getting one, I have a bunch of points and discounts

Nope. Hot Toys can suck it. I quit.

3701916-6625081652-giphy.gif

Seriously looking at this wolverine as a (probably) mass produced non collectable figure.

The Wolverine figure is still available in the masses...

Nope. Hot Toys can suck it. I quit.
Like this response. No whining about how much figures used to cost or being priced out; just a red line that HT has crossed. I'll be the same way should my day come and just be grateful with what I have.

Probably end up getting this. Finally nailed Jackman's likeness. The other versions didn't look like him at all. Last Stand version is terrible. The Wolverine version was ok, but he just had a suit and this DOFP has metal claws.

I don't, I remember people being optimistic ( especially since it came out after TLS Wolvey) but most were still hoping for some tweaks to that sculpt, the DOFP likeness is almost perfect and everyone seems to be content with it.

I still remember everyone reacting at the sculpt the same way they are reacting to this one :lol

Yup, pretty much.

This makes up for that horrible last stand head .instant buy

Better than the first one.

I think this one looks great. I actually see Jackman in the sculpt. I haven't even seen the movie and I sort of want to buy it.

Instant buy for me...HT really nailed Hugh Jackman's sculpt this time around.

This one def beats the other versions.

Awesome ..captures his hotness !

FINALLY, a good Wolverine head sculpt.:yess::clap

Wow jaw dropping....this is the best wolverine head sculpt yet

Looks amazing!

Wow, really like this, very tempted to get one.

Finally a wolverine i want to pick up, didn't like X3 wolvie and missed origins. So Im jumping on this as soon as its up as i enjoyed the movie.

Likeness is better than the previous two.

Bought!!!

Im getting this. This will be my first Wolverine figure.

Best Jackman likeness to date

I really like this figure. I think with this and Zod Hot Toys are really being brave and going with more characterful expressions and now nailing them.

Have the previous two and will totally be getting this.
Ya know, because I need three Wolvies! :)

Doesnt get better than this.

The eyes and forehead are dead on Jackman.

looks great! Best wolverine so far IMHO.

I love the headsculpt! Way to go HT for keeping me in the game.

Looks incredible. Best Wolvie sculpt yet!

Loving this figure so far and definitely a must buy for me.

The Last Stand Wolverine was a big pass for me, but this will be a definite buy. Love the sculpt.

Dang that sculpt looks great! Time to pawn off that X3 sculpt. :lol

Absolutely no doubt this is the best Jackman sculpt to date

1374972_330419057102893_1437389162_n.jpg

It's a shame that the sculpt looks so good but they have the eyes to the left.

Wow. I am really digging the head-sculpt and suit. This is a tempting figure to pre-order.

Annnnnnnd I can't add quote any more.

People didn't start to rip it until the final production, in-hand pics dropped, sorta the opposite of Dark World Loki.

Yup, pretty much.

Annnnnnnd I can't add quote any more.

People didn't start to rip it until the final production, in-hand pics dropped, sorta the opposite of Dark World Loki.

Those are like the first 10 pages, get to around page 15 where a lot more members started criticizing the lower half of his face.

The lips seem pretty off.

I don't like the head sculpt :( I think it's the lips...there's something about the face that just doesn't look right,IMO. However, it's the best looking Wolverine from HT. I might get this or I'll wait to see if they make one from DOFP.

am I the only one that feels the HS is off? I actually think the past 2 versions had a better Hugh Jackman HS than this. Just saw Prisoners yesterday so his face is still fresh in my mind. Great movie btw.

Likeness is better than the previous two....but it's still a bit off. SO CLOSE THOUGH!!

Bought!!!

no offence, but he looks like george michael with a bad hair day

From the pics the eyes and nose look like the best Jackman likeness to date, mouth area is a little off though

The mouth and the lips need work and then his black pants tailoring looks off interms of a suit Coulson has a better looking suit. Its like every time they try to give any character some expression its throws the sculpt of a little I think if the kept the eyes the way the are and the mouth in a more neutral state it would have been better

Great set but the sculpt is slightly off. I can see them tweaking it a bit before it comes out.

Might buy two. 1 with the black suit and 1 with his bone claws and white top.

The sculpt is off a touch but still looks really great. The eyes and forehead are dead on Jackman.

The costume is going to be tough to pull off and still have a versital figure. To get the fully suited look, they would have needed to go with a smaller body but then without the layers the body would be way too small. What we see I think is the best middle ground between the two extremes.

These are prototype pics yeah? Perhaps it'll become more refined as it nears release, sort of like what they did with Man of Steel Supes and the bulkiness? It already looks pretty good, but I can see what people are talking about.

What a surprise!

It's a really good set, considering the previous 2 Wolverine sets were so light on accessories. But I think I'm going to pass. The suit look is not my favorite look for Logan, even though it's pretty cool. I might like it better once I've watched the movie. I'd rather have his regular civilian transient look. Hopefully we'll get another figure for DOFP.

I agree the sculpt looks a bit off in the mouth area. Maybe it's the pain job for the mustache that's throwing it off. But I think they'll fix it by the time it ships.

Definite likeness in the head kinda bowed shots with the arched eyebrows - in other shots....hmm...notsomuch.

I'm feeling temptation.

Yeah, it still isn't perfect, but I think it's the best HT has done yet. I like it a lot more than the freaky expression and hair style on the X-Men 3 version.

That's what's bothering me. They just can't seem to nail Hugh's likeness. This is real close, but those lips. Why that face?

Looking at these pics more and more , and I’m now on the fence again. Its definitely the best sculpt yet, but something seems a little off

Keep repeating this bull instead of writing to HT about how it doesn't look like such.

This is all within the first 30 pages, after about a week the hype died down, once the in hand shots came everyone canceled. I don’t blame most people for loving that head sculpt at that time, when comparing it to the Origins and TLS version its damn near perfect. People were comparing the likeness to the first two releases, the difference with the DOFP version is people are actually comparing it to pictures of the real Hugh Jackman.

Last edited:
I actually agree with everything you said except I would rank the uninspired, bland, boring DOFP future costume as the worst Magneto attire yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414220297.419036.jpg

The FC costume I like better and kind of works considering it's the 60s.

Back