Aragorn upon Brego: New Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Especially since they put the ruins on the sword. :cool:

LOL. Unless they put a picture of Weathertop or Amon Hen on the sword, then you mean runes and not ruins. ;)

Like it! Thats Aragorn or Elessar... :D

or a guy that knocked him out in the morning
wanting to play king for one day an chosing a very
bad one... :naughty

It looks some like Viggio. It by no means is exact or better than Elessar which is pretty close IMO to Viggio. The overall statue though is fantastic.

KAOSINLA said:
Whoa, Tex....they make decaf too:google

:horror I hate decaf.....but seriously, way too much actor worship with these statues.....the characters from the book are what's important...not the likeness (or lack thereof) to any actor who happened to play the part on screen. Just my humble little opinion:peace

Gondor59 said:
:horror I hate decaf.....but seriously, way too much actor worship with these statues.....the characters from the book are what's important...not the likeness (or lack thereof) to any actor who happened to play the part on screen. Just my humble little opinion:peace

There is a large difference between "actor worship," and the FILMS that these pieces are based on. This is an OLD debate, but if we don't judge the likeness from the film representations what do we use as our guide?

Insert "essence" posts below .....

:peace

Just cancelled my statue...sorry, but i'm one of the people who actually want the figures to look like the actors.My girlfriend just saw the pic and said "please don't tell me thats supposed to be Aragorn"!! Shame,as the rest of it is quite nice.Lokking forward to L+GOA though..much better statue IMO.

bonsey said:
Just cancelled my statue...sorry, but i'm one of the people who actually want the figures to look like the actors.My girlfriend just saw the pic and said "please don't tell me thats supposed to be Aragorn"!! Shame,as the rest of it is quite nice.Lokking forward to L+GOA though..much better statue IMO.

Think that's a mistake. It's pretty sweet looking in person. I think we all want it to look like the actors or as close to but I guess some of us just don't get all wrapped up in it if the resemblence isn't 110%. To each their own but if it doesn't look like them totally doesn't make it a bad piece. :) :peace

It's an amazing statue and perfectly captures the essence and
emotions of Aragorn at the Black Gate.
If you are LOTR Fan or SS/Weta Fan,
I can't understand how anybody could pass on this statue. :google

Back