Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patiently waiting for UPS to arrive with my Aragorn! Was hoping it would be here when I got home from work, but no luck. The hype is killing me!

Well, not five minutes after posting, Aragorn arrived! All I have to say is - WOW. :horror This piece is absolutely amazing! You are all right; pictures do not do these pieces justice.

I was surprised at how low a number I received too 34/550. I was a converted wait list in January too.

Scoundrel! :lol

Seconded! I ordered within minutes of it going up, and I got an edition number in the 300s. :mad:

The Sideshow Weta polystone statues are what got me into high end collecting. After seeing the awesomeness of mixed media Premium Format, I'd never thought a maquette could compare.

I was wrong.

This Aragorn maquette has become one of my favorite pieces in my collection. If I had to gripe about something (and this is me grasping for straws here), I'd have to say the green paint used for the windswept grass could have been more vibrant. Otherwise, this statue is close to perfect. The pose is phenomenal (I won't use the oft-used "ic-nic" adjective). I love how Aragorn is scanning the plains in the distance, hand on sword and bow at the ready, searching for the first sign of peril.

And Aragorn as Strider is my favorite incarnation of Aragorn...a Premium Format replica would be out of this world.

Oh definately but i only don't want them to do any so i can't be tempted to spend more money!

Fair enough. :duff

The Sideshow Weta polystone statues are what got me into high end collecting. After seeing the awesomeness of mixed media Premium Format, I'd never thought a maquette could compare.

Thats what got me into high end stuff as well basically 8 years ago. Those pieces are amazing as these are as well. The PF's are really really nice and I can't complain about how they look. Thats a great market for items.

This Aragorn maquette has become one of my favorite pieces in my collection. If I had to gripe about something (and this is me grasping for straws here), I'd have to say the green paint used for the windswept grass could have been more vibrant. Otherwise, this statue is close to perfect. The pose is phenomenal (I won't use the oft-used "ic-nic" adjective). I love how Aragorn is scanning the plains in the distance, hand on sword and bow at the ready, searching for the first sign of peril.

And Aragorn as Strider is my favorite incarnation of Aragorn...a Premium Format replica would be out of this world.

Its up there among my all time favorite LOTR pieces for sure. The pose is truly amazing. The way you put it is perfect and is a part of the character we've not seen before.

In the end I think this line mixed with the original line is going to make for one of the coolest LOTR displays you could ever have. Its going to give you such a look inside what makes these characters so special.

The hooded version is still the one I prefer. The unhooded version doesn't do any more justice to Viggo than the other SS/W incarnations.

The hooded version is still the one I prefer. The unhooded version doesn't do any more justice to Viggo than the other SS/W incarnations.

Really? :thud: :dunno Its far and away better than any of the representations we've gotten before and nearly a ringer for Viggo. Only something the Elessar statue can really come close to in statue form.

I would LOVE to see this headsculpt repainted by a professional. It's definitely the best Viggo as Aragorn sculpt, no doubt, but I'm not a fan of the factory paint apps.

I would LOVE to see this headsculpt repainted by a professional. It's definitely the best Viggo as Aragorn sculpt, no doubt, but I'm not a fan of the factory paint apps.

As with anything I'm sure they would be better but these paint apps I can assure you are freaking fantastic. There is nothing wrong with them at all other than a couple people who have eye issues.

PF's are great but the thing I thin that makes this line potentially special is it goes back to where we started.
l

That's why I still collect the WETA environment line. That little Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul are what got me into Sideshow and WETA. To this day the environments are still my favorite. Can't wait for Rivendell.:panic::panic:

He looks pretty good. I think I still prefer the PF line over the statue line. I just like the mixed materials instead of one cast piece of polystone.

I actually am finding myself leaning MORE towards the maquette line. I like the size and presence of the 1/4 scale pieces but I really like sculpture over cloth. The paint weathering, shading and the detail in cracked leather or cloak folds etc. can be sculpted much better then you can "futz" the cloth. I own several of the LOTR premiums and multiple marvel premiums and although I like the mixed media on some of them I overall find the full sculpts to be more impressive.

That's why I still collect the WETA environment line. That little Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul are what got me into Sideshow and WETA. To this day the environments are still my favorite. Can't wait for Rivendell.:panic::panic:

Man, I remember when that came out a bunch of us were online in a chat and several of us stayed in chat but went to stores open at midnight to get them. That was fun a night. The WETA line is great. I have a very special place in my heart for that line and those that worked on it. I'm excited myself to see how Rivendell comes out but know it will be out of my range with everything else I collect.

Man, I remember when that came out a bunch of us were online in a chat and several of us stayed in chat but went to stores open at midnight to get them. That was fun a night. The WETA line is great. I have a very special place in my heart for that line and those that worked on it. I'm excited myself to see how Rivendell comes out but know it will be out of my range with everything else I collect.

I can remember when I called Sideshow/Weta to order Minas Morgul they were offering a special on Aragorn's crown and all I had to pay was the shipping. I said no...I won't be buying anything else. :rotfl:rotfl :cuckoo:

I can remember when I called Sideshow/Weta to order Minas Morgul they were offering a special on Aragorn's crown and all I had to pay was the shipping. I said no...I won't be buying anything else. :rotfl:rotfl :cuckoo:

:lol Happens to all of us man.

I had a Elessar's Crown a couple of times. Pretty nice piece and worth shipping for sure.

I'm one of the original Wetaholics and have nearly every statue and bust, and i would disagree with you completely here. As Josh says, Elessar comes close, but seeing this maquette in person absolutely blows me away! No photos have come close to showing how impressive it really looks.

I'm one of the original Wetaholics and have nearly every statue and bust, and i would disagree with you completely here. As Josh says, Elessar comes close, but seeing this maquette in person absolutely blows me away! No photos have come close to showing how impressive it really looks.

Couldn't agree more.It is so much more impressive in person on all levels...

So... Aragorn Premium Format Exclusive version, or the regular version of this Polystone Statue (I like the hood)?

I already have the other LOTR PF figures that I wanted, but this is a different scale, and not mixed media.

If money was not an issue, which would you prefer??

Back