Prop ANOVOS goes into Star Wars Costuming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST got my shipping notice for the standalone OT Stormtrooper helmet... yaaaayy!!

Will post photos when it arrives.

I got the Vader Costume, but having trouble with my mannequin. I'll get back to it this weekend. But very happy with it. Going to use for "static" display. I Didn't put the belt boxes on, pic is incomplete.
125 (2)4.jpg

That looks pretty good, gonna be an awesome display...

That looks pretty good, gonna be an awesome display...[/QUOTE

I thought is was going to be "junk" but very happy, although its not a "Statue" easily my best piece. I'll post more pics when I get the mannequin worked out. It was too top heavy and tipping. SS wants 8K for their Vader, this is the way to go.

Is the helmet of nice quality? Can you post some pics of it please?

That looks pretty good, gonna be an awesome display...[/QUOTE

I thought is was going to be "junk" but very happy, although its not a "Statue" easily my best piece. I'll post more pics when I get the mannequin worked out. It was too top heavy and tipping. SS wants 8K for their Vader, this is the way to go.

Yup, screw that $7,000+ for all that polystone.
As long as the costume is accurate and you've got a mannequin you can pose. :rock

Stormie arrived but brother, is it THIN! I think it's even thinner than the eFX Vader I got earlier this year. Looks great, though.

I took pictures but for some reason, can't get Dropbox to upload them. Will try again tomorrow...

I have the Vader helmet on order. That full kit above looks GREAT!

Stormie arrived but brother, is it THIN! I think it's even thinner than the eFX Vader I got earlier this year. Looks great, though.

Anovos Stormtrooper armor is quite similar to screen used armors, thus it is thin and reasonably accurate. It's not a solid metal medieval armor, if that is what you were expecting, just thin vacuformed ABS :wink1:

Is the helmet of nice quality? Can you post some pics of it please?

I saw the ANOVOS helmet at NYCC (assuming it's the same as the one they ship out to people), it's quite nice and imo better than EFX's rendition at the con (the cheaper one I believe, not the fiberglass as it wasn't painted)

I have a few TK helmets and the Anovos is quite a bit more accurate than EFX, but feels cheaply made. I do worry about it as a trooping work horse, but we shall see.

Well the EFX TK wasn't supposed to be accurate, it's heavily heavily idealized (it's symmetrical! :p). That seam running across the jaw of the EFX is also TERRIBLE. The EFX Vader I believe is more accurate than the Anovos one, however the currently available non-fiberglass one isn't painted and only used the material for it's coloring making it look very much like it's just a plastic helmet (and it's not shiny). The helmet should up for trooping, ABS is pretty sturdy (and it'll bend not buckle, even if it got a dent you could just pop it back into place).

I have a few TK helmets and the Anovos is quite a bit more accurate than EFX, but feels cheaply made. I do worry about it as a trooping work horse, but we shall see.

Real screen used (Hero) helmets were made of thin ABS just like the Anovos, so it is accurate and quite sturdy, though a tad idealized/sharpened.

I got the newest EFX Vader Helmet, I'll take side by sides tomorrow. But I have no clue about the accuracies.

I also Have Anovos Force Awakens Trooper helm, if that's what its called. That's is basically a plastic bucket, feels cheap. The Vader Helm is 2 pieces, Mask & Helmet. The Helmet is heavy, not sure of the material.

Anovos Stormtrooper armor is quite similar to screen used armors, thus it is thin and reasonably accurate. It's not a solid metal medieval armor, if that is what you were expecting, just thin vacuformed ABS :wink1:

What, no metal?? Nah, just something a little heavier. Ultimately, it looks great and I have no plans to troop in it and that's what matters. I think I might try to acquire some bubble lenses for it at some point. Accurate or not, I prefer that look over the flat ones.

ANOVOS Vader should be fiberglass. The eFX PCR is plastic.

They're doing a fiberglass one too though aren't they?

What, no metal?? Nah, just something a little heavier. Ultimately, it looks great and I have no plans to troop in it and that's what matters. I think I might try to acquire some bubble lenses for it at some point. Accurate or not, I prefer that look over the flat ones.

Bubble lenses are great if you don't want to go trooping :p There's a reason why luke couldn't see anything ^^

I know what you mean: here is my Anovos (left) next to my Don Post Classic Action helmet from 1997. I can't see much out of the bubbles -- but they shore look purty!

Back