Another Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boot25

Super Freak
Reaction score
Experimenting with some techniques.
380447413.jpg

380449060.jpg

Last edited:
I love how you gave him the freckle look another fantastic paint job. I used to love your website is it gone now or did you change the domain? your Saving Private Ryan was out of this world along with all your work.

I especially like his right eye! Did you paint the white sparks in his eyes are is that gloss?

Another wonderful job! As others have mentioned, the eyes especially stand out. Thanks for sharing, your work always serves as an inspiration.:clap

i'm not familiar with the head...is it 1/6?

if not, then it looks fantastic, but if it is 1/6, then it's simply mindblowing! wow! great job! those eyes look unreal!!!:horror

either way, it looks amazing, i just couldn't imagine how anyone could fit that much detail into a 1/6 head! :google

How do you achieve the skin tones. I have always wanted to try my hand at painting but dont really know where to start:lol

How do you achieve the skin tones. I have always wanted to try my hand at painting but dont really know where to start:lol

I like to use a layering technique.
I start off by laying down the base skin tone on the stripped sculpt.
I use a mix of Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Blue, and Titanium White.
Once this is dry I shade and tint with pastels, then seal. Next I start adding opaque layers allowing drying time between each subsequent layer. These layers usually vary in tint, and I may or may not add more pastel shading, depending on the look I'm going for. The draw back to this method is time. I spent about 3 or 4 hours on this one, and to be honest I'm not that happy with the results.
Hope this helps.

John

Last edited:
Thanks i appreciate the reply. I have always wanted to try my hand at it so this at least gives me a place to start. :joy

Thanks once again guys! It's been awhile since I touched a brush, and It's taking awhile to get going. I should have a few more posted soon.

Paint apps are really sharp here he looks very lifelike. Love the work on the eyes the most though they are some of the best I've seen.

Back