ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already rethinking the damn hat. For some reason I thought the hat AND poncho we're exclusive. I'm tempted to forsake the hat and preorder through Big Bad and save about $10.

Now that all the big Lukes are outta the wa I hope they give us a freakin' Darth Vader. As long as Vader is in scale and well tailored and put together, I'll gladly shell out the money he'll cost. I mean if the pint-sized Medi costs $170 Sideshow's should at least beat that by about $50 and be huge!

The hat and goggles may be the best thing about this exclusive, just because I may end up getting it someplace else in the end. I don't know how long the 1977 edition size is going to hold $70 worth of water for me.

But that is $70 worth of points. I may keep it just so someone who missed out gets it, and then pocket the points. :cool:

Alterego is usually about 10% less, which will be $7.

The $70 converts to $3.50 in points, so you end up paying $3.50 for the hat and a week head start on shipping.

Even though I'm not overly enthused about the increase, I still think ordering through SSC is a decent deal.

The price increase does hit the retailer too.

I was thinking more like ebay a couple months after it ships. To get the points, and sell the exclusive at cost to a Scummer, or someone like that, would work out well.

But definitely, $5-$10 increase isn't worth not ordering through them. It's just that I don't want that hat. More than just not being interested, I'm opposed to owning it.

Wor-Gor, you are living a pipe dream if you think Vader will be less than $100.

I didn't mean that, just that the constant price increase can mean only one thing... INVASION.

No, I mean, that we're getting closer to Vader and troopers because the price increase allows for a jump on these upcoming guys.

Ok, a couple things since I was at class:

1. Love the figure, looks fantastic and glad I ordered it.
2. PPO is getting easier every time it seems.
3. I am NOT happy about spending $70 for this figure and had better see armor by the summer or I will join the chorus of unhappy voices.

I think I would have been fine with the spared no expense despite rising costs had the figure been $64.99 but at $70 BEFORE shipping... This better be because you are preparing us for the prices of armored figures and new bodes. I now EXPECT something black and white by Toyfair or SDCC... truth be told though at SDCC I want to see something that should be about 13 to 14 inches and comes in black - VADER. Still happy, still getting them all, but now Im wanting some answers, armor or at least better smoke screen explanations.

I almost forgot all about Luke. I was at work this morning and had the web browser open on Sideshow's page counting down - seven minutes to go. I got distracted doing some other work in programs on my computer and I just happened to glance at the clock - 8:03 - then though "there was something I needed to do at 8:00" ... and it hit me like a ton of bricks - order Luke!

By 8:04 I had him ordered and even remembered to redeem my rewards this time to save $19.00 - good thing too with the price increase. At least to me, given the accessories list and look of the figure, this is one that seems like he will be worth the price. I still would have bought even without the rewards points - it's just a nice bonus that I had them as I meant to use them on previous orders but forgot.

I almost forgot all about Luke. I was at work this morning and had the web browser open on Sideshow's page counting down - seven minutes to go. I got distracted doing some other work in programs on my computer and I just happened to glance at the clock - 8:03 - then though "there was something I needed to do at 8:00" ... and it hit me like a ton of bricks - order Luke!

By 8:04 I had him ordered and even remembered to redeem my rewards this time to save $19.00 - good thing too with the price increase. At least to me, given the accessories list and look of the figure, this is one that seems like he will be worth the price. I still would have bought even without the rewards points - it's just a nice bonus that I had them as I meant to use them on previous orders but forgot.

8:00? In Denver? Or are you working in Hawaii right now?

Me and my wife had a nice slow lunch at Bennihanna. The whole time I was thinking I needed to do something but I couldn't remember. :monkey2

Ouch... I hate those moments.

Did you get on the waitlist?... I'm sure someone will cancel and you'll nab one.:D

8:00? In Denver? Or are you working in Hawaii right now?

I guess I'm posting all this a little late - it is currently 1:12pm here in the mile high city. I'm an intern at the firm I work for so I only work part-time which means I'm done by 11:30am on Fridays. But yeah, I got the exclusive ordered at about 8:04am.

Got mine with no sweat about 15 minutes after the start. I forgot about the time and got right in and got one. Zap. Better service my way for sure.
But yeah, I was annoyed at the price. I used points and got him shipped for less than the list price by quite a margin, more like the old prices. But not happy about it.

Other than the Buck base body, I don't see anything about the latest previewed figures that doesn't leave me satisfied with what I pay for them, the clothes look great, we're getting some nice weapons that Sideshow always does a fantastic job with. All of Luke's accessories look very well crafted from design to paint and I know they'll come out as nice. I'm very excited about this one, c'mon Q2.

Back