ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap. Gone 1 day and have to catch up on 9 pages of posts.

Anyway, another Luke? Another party! Luke is THE main character of the OT, so I'll take all they make of him.

Just curious what they'll do 4, 5 years from now if it means repeats or not.

This looks great....just not as good as VOTC...:lol

Hey, the VOTC was worth every penny of the $4.98 I paid on red tag at Target. :D

Thanks Sean. I thought so. Is this guy not the best sculptor in the business today? I mean seriously. :rock

Gotta agree with that statement. He just nails every sculpt we've seen so far.

And how many more Luke's could there possibly be from the OT? I can only think of an X-Wing version, maybe a Hoth as well. And wouldn't those both use the Bespin sculpt?

Trevor & Andy are my favorite sculptors. I'm always on the edge of my seat waiting to see what they do next.

I can completely understand why people get tired of all of the Luke releases, but they had to do an ANH Luke. How much would it suck to have ANH Leia, Obi & Han but no Luke?

with that being said, ANH Vader better be next!

then, no Lukes for a long time. I'd like to see the droids, Lando & Greedo soon.

This and Han two big announcements for me seeing as how i skipped Bespin Han. And Bespin luke while good didn't quite cut it for me.(this is the luke i've been waiting for)

Bring on dark luke next.

/runs and hides.

Gotta agree with that statement. He just nails every sculpt we've seen so far.

And how many more Luke's could there possibly be from the OT? I can only think of an X-Wing version, maybe a Hoth as well. And wouldn't those both use the Bespin sculpt?

Reusing sculpts... :nono

And is the sculpt the only reason to own a fig?

I want the Hoth, X-Wing, Endor, Bacta (lol).

Well, I'm excited about this new Luke, so far he looks awesome. :cool: They need to ease up on releasing so many Lukes at once though. Heck I'm still waiting for my Bespin Luke to arrive. It seems like I can't keep up... the bank account is taking a beating with all these releases one after the other! I love these figures, but please Sideshow... slow down a little! :lol

Thanks Sean. I thought so. Is this guy not the best sculptor in the business today? I mean seriously. :rock

He is spectacular, so is Andy, though he needs to get back to Sideshow :) and Tim Miller's quite impressive, though we haven't seen much of his human work. He did Kit, Plo and Bib for this line, he also did 1/6 Frodo and the T-1000 mini bust. You can't go wrong with either of these 3 guys in my opinion.

He is spectacular, so is Andy, though he needs to get back to Sideshow :) and Tim Miller's quite impressive, though we haven't seen much of his human work. He did Kit, Plo and Bib for this line, he also did 1/6 Frodo and the T-1000 mini bust. You can't go wrong with either of these 3 guys in my opinion.

Let's not forget Oluf Hartviggson...his work on the Palpatine set looks to be as good as Trevor's recent contributions.

I'd say Sideshow has the cream of the sculpting crop going for them (and us!)...

Wow! i didn't even see the announcement until this morning; who'd have thought! I'm really happy about it. The line needed a core around which the rest could be built, and the core will always be ANH. Everything else really is an appendage to that. Yeah there are a lot of Lukes, but there are even more people who buy Sideshow that don't have any Luke at all and will welcome this figure. It rounds out the core team and also gives Sideshow a very strong marketing foundation--the line can be shown off with characters anybody will know done by their best sculpters. This was the direction I was hoping the line would go.

Of course, my bias could also be because there really aren't any armored characters I really care about. The Fetts? Don't need them. Troopers? Nope. Vader? Maybe, but he's not high on my list. I like good guy, characters that are inspiring and epic, and Farmboy Luke is the quintessential archtypal hero. Lots of Lukes? Yes. But there should be; Star Wars is about Luke, before it was ever about Anakin. How many of us grew up with the same longing that Luke had, to go beyond where we were, to be something more? I know I did. This Luke to me is more than just the iconic figure--it's the heart and soul of Star Wars.

Huzzah! Another Luke to finally complete the Trilogy line up!

I'm all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake!

Let's not forget Oluf Hartviggson...his work on the Palpatine set looks to be as good as Trevor's recent contributions.

I'd say Sideshow has the cream of the sculpting crop going for them (and us!)...

Ah yes, Oluf, my Maul deliverer :) as well as SIDIOUS :D and Palps and Qui-Gon. I've never had personal dealings with Oluf so he slipped me mind, my bad. Any of those 4, are going to deliver something special. Not only good portraits replicating the people, but portraits that have life to them also.

Nice theory, but it's disproved by Han's cantina blaster, Palpatine's statue, Bib Fortuna's staff, Asajj's head (!) etc ...

According to Timothy Zahn, Han borrowed the blaster

The Statue was but a prop to fool people that he wasn't eeeeevil, so he had no care for it and it was there only because his interior decorator put it there...

Bib's Staff doesn't really exist. It's a tip of the hat to Kenner. Bib, the movie character, never had one.

Asajj, like most creatures besides those freaky snakes, mutants, and the effing Hydra, only has one head.

OK, so only one of these is based on truth, but these theories keep the concept solid :)

A bit late to the party. I'm really happy with this one, think it looks awsome so far. But now i really need to get Leia and Old Ben. Luckly there's plenty of time before Luke comes out, so no real rush.

Once again,because SS is milking it.If they came out with ANH Luke first Before they came out with Yavin Luke then no one would have bought Yavin Luke.Marketing

Jeez, remember when people used to complain because they were making too many non-core OT characters?

Sheesh. Star Wars collectors are impossible to please.

...and don't forget Tim Miller either. He did a lot of great stuff in this line and his Hobbits are unstoppable.

---and let us not diminish the fact that Mat's Jedi Luke is a bang on likeness.

...and don't forget Tim Miller either. He did a lot of great stuff in this line and his Hobbits are unstoppable.

---and let us not diminish the fact that Mat's Jedi Luke is a bang on likeness.

Did Tim do Sam as well, I only caught that he did Frodo through his myspace page.

Mat's Jedi Luke is still one of the best sculpts in the line.

Back