ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI REGARDING PICTURES

It appears a lot of folks who got QV notices haven't actually had their Luke figures ship yet, so pictures will be delayed unless those with him already come forward.

FYI REGARDING PICTURES

It appears a lot of folks who got QV notices haven't actually had their Luke figures ship yet, so pictures will be delayed unless those with him already come forward.

Absolutely true Maul. My shipping still says billing information received with a delivery date of TODAY (which did not happen). Looks like these have not shipped yet. Hopefully they will go out tonight and I can post some pics tomorrow.

Whoa kids.

Just to address a few things in this thead. Certain absolutes have been stated that aren't at all accurate. The depiction of how product moves from prototype to production is extremely off track.
Decisions are made for a variety of reasons; economics, timing, fan reaction, etc. No one person is responsible for it all.

As for the tunic - how could anyone possibly know if it's good or bad, seeing it's not in hand yet?

The truth is that very few of the items we're shown for solicitation are completely prototype. There are usually some items that are already production. I guess they could wait until the whole thing is production, and the first pics we see is how it will roll off the assembly line - but then some items have changed through the process because of reactions to the prototype pictures. If they'd waited until they had finished figures in hand to solicit ANH Han he would have had blue eyes.

So I'm saying - let's leave the superlatives and name calling out it. No one is setting out to screw you or "bait and switch". If you don't like it, cancel it. But don't start silly theories about how the consumer is being screwed. It ain't true.

Whoa kids.

Just to address a few things in this thead. Certain absolutes have been stated that aren't at all accurate. The depiction of how product moves from prototype to production is extremely off track.
Decisions are made for a variety of reasons; economics, timing, fan reaction, etc. No one person is responsible for it all.

As for the tunic - how could anyone possibly know if it's good or bad, seeing it's not in hand yet?

The truth is that very few of the items we're shown for solicitation are completely prototype. There are usually some items that are already production. I guess they could wait until the whole thing is production, and the first pics we see is how it will roll off the assembly line - but then some items have changed through the process because of reactions to the prototype pictures. If they'd waited until they had finished figures in hand to solicit ANH Han he would have had blue eyes.

So I'm saying - let's leave the superlatives and name calling out it. No one is setting out to screw you or "bait and switch". If you don't like it, cancel it. But don't start silly theories about how the consumer is being screwed. It ain't true.

Thank goodness you said this. This thread was overrun by AOTC (Attack of the Chicken littles)

Re: Pics: 12" Luke Skywalker - Episode IV

Hey! How'd you get the Sideshow Luke ANH figure already??? :banghead

:D:D:D

Thats by the sound of this new luke, what he is going to look like , might put the money from him towards the HT Ironman :D

Whoa kids.

You do realize this is a Star Wars thread, right? Did you honestly expect anything different?:rolleyes::lol

I just had a vision !!!! A certain member of this board will review this figure once he receives it and this amazing masterpiece will receive a high note of 10 in every category, except in the clothing category, because of the Tunic thing, poor Luke will receive a 9.5......

He might even be pushing to recieve a 9.5 a bit of a let down:confused:

...If you don't like it, cancel it. But don't start silly theories about how the consumer is being screwed. It ain't true.
Not screwed, disappointed. Is it possible that what rolls off the UPS trucks in a few days makes us happy and it turns out that the production pics were unrepresentative? Sure! But that possibility would be an outlier in terms of what we've seen historically. Have we been happier with the in-hand pieces than we were with the production stills? Yes! but generally speaking it is the more subtle features that tend to look better in person. The tunic is not subtle.

I agree that it would probably be wise to table the reactionary complaints until we've got more to go on, so I will. But the bottom line here is that we were hoping for the best for this particular piece, perhaps more than any other. Sideshow, knowing fandom as they do, should know the level of expectation for this piece. If it was a question of economics, then in my opinion, the give should have gone to this piece and the take should occur elsewhere (not that we wouldn't complain about THAT too...). Why? you know why: An extraordinarily insightful person once observed of ANH Luke:

"...the most important/representative character in his most recognized/iconic presentation of their most important license"

So, will this piece live up to its rightful expectations? I'm willing to say that the jury is still out, but the evidence is less than encouraging at the moment.

Not screwed, disappointed. Is it possible that what rolls off the UPS trucks in a few days makes us happy and it turns out that the production pics were unrepresentative? Sure! But that possibility would be an outlier in terms of what we've seen historically. Have we been happier with the in-hand pieces than we were with the production stills? Yes! but generally speaking it is the more subtle features that tend to look better in person. The tunic is not subtle.

I agree that it would probably be wise to table the reactionary complaints until we've got more to go on, so I will. But the bottom line here is that we were hoping for the best for this particular piece, perhaps more than any other. Sideshow, knowing fandom as they do, should know the level of expectation for this piece. If it was a question of economics, then in my opinion, the give should have gone to this piece and the take should occur elsewhere (not that we wouldn't complain about THAT too...). Why? you know why: An extraordinarily insightful person once observed of ANH Luke:

"...the most important/representative character in his most recognized/iconic presentation of their most important license"

So, will this piece live up to its rightful expectations? I'm willing to say that the jury is still out, but the evidence is less than encouraging at the moment.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Deflect THAT rationale, Pollyannas.

:lol

A lot of wasted energy and conspiracy theory for something that no one has posted a single in-hand picture of. I'll reserve judgment until mine is in here.

Wait! I just realized that Sideshow purposely makes the figures look better in person so you don't cancel your preorder... I bet they do it on purpose! ;)

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Deflect THAT rationale, Pollyannas.

:lol

They'll just use their non-stolen binkies as shields and the rationale will bounce off quite easily. :lol

Well stated post QuiGonFishing. But I'd argue Vader as a more iconic/representative character than Luke.

Its a well worded post but still some assumptions in there that I think are a stretch not much in the rationale. Like SS took from this figure and is giving to another. :lol So I don't need to use my binkie. :lol

They'll just use their non-stolen binkies as shields and the rationale will bounce off quite easily. :lol

Well stated post QuiGonFishing. But I'd argue Vader as a more iconic/representative character than Luke.

Yes Vader is more iconic for sure,and if they ^^^^ him up and give him a crappy cape or some shiznit like that,then they've really lost all credibility.I'll end up buying that GG kneeling Vader and call it a day.

Back