ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my prediction.

If the Exclusive is chosen with intent to draw business directly through Sideshow, it'll be the helmet because many people will want to display Luke with Ben and the remote and the helmet becomes critical.

If the intent is to just have a cool item that isn't of utter character significance but adds value to the piece, I'd bet something like the T-16 model or something of that nature.

Bad Moon and Darth Neil beat me to it but I just hope Sideshow is listening. If not I could always kit bash my Hasbro Del Luke for accessories. Not that they match that well. Compare accessories like blasters and you can tell a huge difference in the plastic molds/compounds compared to what Sideshow uses!

I'm curious to see how the accessories play out. This one has the potential to be loaded.

-lightsabers
-stormtrooper blaster
-stormtrooper belt with grappling hook
-binoculars
-poncho
-blast shield helmet
-rifle
-blue milk
-extra hands

I'm probably forgetting some too.

Droid caller on his belt is one that springs to mind.

Model T-16 is a good idea. I think the blast shield will be standard since the probe was standard with Ben.

They should just make outfits instead of making the same character over and over, this way we can dress our dolls, I mean action figures. Can't wait to see the face on this one, has to be better then the PF.

Sorry but I just read the new letter and all I can say is Sideshow, as much as I love them really need to get out of their safety zone with this line and surprise us with some exciting figures... Sorry but 4 Luke, 2 Hans and 2 Leia and 2 Obi-Wans is too much when there is still Vader (whatever about the armour figure taking longer, the line is 3 years old now) Dooku, Other Jedi members, (Yoda??? If they can to Jagga and his minions they can do Yoda), Stormtroopers, Rebel team members. Greedo, the Fett or any other Bounty Hunter...

The last figure I got in this line was Maul, I'm waiting on my ANH Leia...

Sorry but I just read the new letter and all I can say is Sideshow, as much as I love them really need to get out of their safety zone with this line and surprise us with some exciting figures... Sorry but 4 Luke, 2 Hans and 2 Leia and 2 Obi-Wans is too much when there is still Vader (whatever about the armour figure taking longer, the line is 3 years old now) Dooku, Other Jedi members, (Yoda??? If they can to Jagga and his minions they can do Yoda), Stormtroopers, Rebel team members. Greedo, the Fett or any other Bounty Hunter...

The last figure I got in this line was Maul, I'm waiting on my ANH Leia...

Who's Jagga?:confused::monkey5

Is that not the intent of all exclusive items?

Yes, but there have been some items that don't stand out as, yes many people will feel they must have this. For example, Leia's handcuffs weren't a high priority for a lot of people around here, it still sold but if you made Luke's blast shield helmet the exclusive, that'd be like throwing chum to a frenzied shark, where a T-16 model is cool enough to attract business still, but isn't quite an absolute must have. I think the Grievous blaster and Mynok are good examples of very desirable exclusives.

They should just make outfits instead of making the same character over and over, this way we can dress our dolls, I mean action figures. Can't wait to see the face on this one, has to be better then the PF.

Nah, I'd rather have new and hopefully improved headsculpts.

Now, where the hell is my X-Wing Pilot Luke!!!!!

Yes, but there have been some items that don't stand out as, yes many people will feel they must have this. For example, Leia's handcuffs weren't a high priority for a lot of people around here, it still sold but if you made Luke's blast shield helmet the exclusive, that'd be like throwing chum to a frenzied shark, where a T-16 model is cool enough to attract business still, but isn't quite an absolute must have. I think the Grievous blaster and Mynok are good examples of very desirable exclusives.

Agreed, don't forget Qui-Gon's poncho. To me that was THE exclusive to have.

I understand that some exclusives have been better than others, but I don't understand why they wouldn't want to make the exclusive as attractive as possible, given the limitations of the character (and the amount required to engineer and produce the item).

Bad Moon and Darth Neil beat me to it but I just hope Sideshow is listening. If not I could always kit bash my Hasbro Del Luke for accessories. Not that they match that well. Compare accessories like blasters and you can tell a huge difference in the plastic molds/compounds compared to what Sideshow uses!

There is no space in BadMoon boys. -Top Gun Reference. :rotfl

Back