Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think they would redo the sculpt at this stage? or is this what we are stuck with?
Wayne

Oh dear, he's a bit of a mess isn't he!

I believe Sideshow are once again guilty of basing a figure on publicity shots rather then what he actually wore in the series.

07062007014325hm0.jpg

Here's the shot they've obviously based the whole thing on, but tried to change the expression.

angelus2ut1.jpg

Thing is they've stuck a AtS series five head, on a Buffy season 1 outfit and body. The face is far too old looking, and not a very good likeness for that matter. Considering what he's wearing he should have had a far more youthful look, rather then the 'grumpy grandpa' on he's sporting now.

Everyone try and give them some feedback. This really isn't god enough. I mean did they even look at much reference of him, or just grab the first publicity still that came to hand? :confused:

I'm sure we will like him better once we see the prototype pictures on the pre-order site! So far, there are too many things wrong with him, and we have only seen a little pic of his bust. I agree with everything everyone said: cross-eyed, way too many wrinkles in his forehead, afro looking hair (Angel hair's weird, but not that much), bad clothing (no leather jacket, instead cheap looking jacket inspired in a non-inconic promo shoot)...
So far I'm not a fan of the pose either, but it'll look good with the other PF.

I have faith ;) in Sideshow. Remember sometimes when you reduce a picture, the person portrayed seems cross-eyed, but when you look at a bigger picture, you can check out it was only a visual effect produced by the smallness of the pic.

I will give constant feedback to Sideshow to let them know what's wrong. The clothes are not a big issue for me. Even though it doesn't look that good I like the choice for the jacket, I like Angel to look a bit different, smoother than Spike otherwise it'd look only like "the blond vamp and the dark-haired vamp" on my shelf. Hope you know what I mean.

Anyway, I am EXTREMELY happy we're getting another new addition to our collection. And I anxiously wait for a PF Willow, Faith or Illyria...It could happen, couldn't it?

Thanks for posting the image Sue

OK, based on this image, the outfit looks fine, although the jacket looks to thick to be this tight fitting coat. In that image it looks like Angel, but that outfit is NOT how we all know angel.

The head looks OLDER than a Season 5 Angel. David doesnt look this old now, this head simply will not do.

If they want to base the PF on this image, then im OK with that, but it has to be accurate. They need to completely redo the head and resculpt the hair, so its actually spiky and triangle in shape...

This is there opportunity to make an Angel figure that blows the socks off people. Look at Spike, perfection. Angel deserves the same.

I would prefer a leather jacket Angel, but quite frankly, i dont care what hes wearing, as long as it looks like him. I dont understand how they keep getting him so wrong. Someone on BTVSFigs actually pointed out that he has more forehead wrinkles than GILES! which is true.

Can we do something to persuade them to fix this??

Wayne

Karma said:
This picture is way to pixilated to get a comment from me on details. But he sure do look old. Love the pose though, not sure about basing it on an obscure promotion photo . But I will still ge it.:chew

Well if they don't change it I'm not getting him.

For the price he sells for I for one expect something better then this. That outfit and head is just, so, so wrong!

Also I have sinking feeling that maybe the exclusive for this one will be the sword he's holding, rather then a separate head. I hope I'm wrong though. :eek:

sueworld said:
Well if they don't change it I'm not getting him.

For the price he sells for I for one expect something better then this. That outfit and head is just, so, so wrong!

Also I have sinking feeling that maybe the exclusive for this one will be the sword he's holding, rather then a separate head. I hope I'm wrong though. :eek:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Sue, i hope your wrong
Atleast if we get a vampire head, we can replace this vile "Angel" head
:monkey2

That just wouldn't make any sense. I wouldn't bid on the alternative head, but the sword cannot be the exclusive accesory. If the vamped out head's not the exclusive, it'd be hugely disappointing... and more so if they decide to include a lame and unoriginal exclusive accesory such as the Vampyre Book instead.

I may just be feeling pessimistic, but from the look of this, Buffy/Angel once again gets the red haired step child treatment.

Lets just hope SS fixes some of the early "apparent" flaws. Spike has such a great looking peice i'd hate to see Angel be a dissapointment.

Pose looks great and you can tell who it is but like you say he looks old and we already have old looking angels I want a young one.Leather jacket would be a plus,I hope we get the vamp head.

Good catch on that promotional shot, sueworld. The outfit is OK, but it's definitely not Angel's trademark style. And he simply looks too OLD. He looks like he's in his late 40's.

I also hope that the exclusive is a vampire head, but I have the feeling that is not the case.

The outfit is fine stop complaining about it. It looks just like that picture. The head could use some work but he is not at all cross eyed in that image he does have too many wrinkles though and kinda looks older so that should be taken care of

Thing is would you have even remembered that outfit with out that promo shot in front of you?

Lets face it, when you think of Angel, is that what you see him wearing......cos I definitely don't! :rotfl

I agree 100%, sueworld. This outfit is an odd choice given that these PF figures are supposed to be iconic representations of the characters.

BillyBudd said:
I agree 100%, sueworld. This outfit is an odd choice given that these PF figures are supposed to be iconic representations of the characters.

I agree 100% with both BillyBudd and Sue.

Im sorry, but if you think of Angel, you immediately think of Leather and maybe red velvet or silk shirts.

Im not saying that the outfit in the promo photo isnt great, because it is, and it looks great on him, but its a tight fighting outfit, that i dont think will be pulled of successfully when you take the thickness of fabric into consideration. It would look like a woolen coat rather than a suit.

If they took this photo and produced a PF of it, as accurately as possible, i would display it with pride, he would look great. But so far i dont see it. The head is from a Season 5 photo (Its on the cover of Season 5 in the Complete Angel DVD Boxset) and lets face it, doesnt do David justice at all.

Compare the sculpted head to the Promo photo or even the backdrop of the Preview of PF Angel, you can immediately see that its too wide and compressed, it should be longer, thinner- Slender!

Im just really hoping that Sideshow take our comments into account and produce a figure so mind blowing, that everyone will want it.

Spike looks amazing, lets try and get a figure of Angel that overshadows Spike.....PLEASE!

Wayne

I have to agree with most of the comments regarding the face and hair. Angel
should look like the immortal that he is, changes need to be made. All of the wrinkles and older face do not do David or the character justice.
The outfit is not iconic enough for Angel. It is very bland. I will have to seriously consider whether to order him or not when he preorders.

Last edited:
I think you guys are being too negative, wait until you see the whole thing, maybe those flaws will be compensated by positive aspects. So far, I kind of agree with you, but I will buy it anyway, I am sure it'll look great in the end.

olvidadero said:
I think you guys are being too negative, wait until you see the whole thing, maybe those flaws will be compensated by positive aspects. So far, I kind of agree with you, but I will buy it anyway, I am sure it'll look great in the end.
i agree... everyone needs to wait until we see more pics before torching sideshow's building. (somehow i think i've said this before)

Back