Amstel's World of Figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Amstel's Custom Horror Figures...

Here's Leatherface Remake- One's head sculpt, shirt/apron tailored by ZsaszSays and Sideshow's pants/undershirt with gauntlets.

As you see here, I intended to have him on ttm20 but the shirt was too small and tight on it. The shirt supposedly was tailored for a ttm20, somehow mine was too tight but then I had another shirt underneath maybe that is why so I changed out the bodies. Here I am using a ttm21 and I hate it. I wanted to keep a shirt underneath as it has the gauntlets sewn on it. I guess I will have to cut out a part of the under shirt and put this back on a ttm20. I also hate the Sideshow's pants. That pants came with Sideshow's Leatherface. I will have to shop around for another pants- I'm thinking a ttm20 jeans. Any suggestions from you? I don't like the boots that I have on him. I have a saturday toys boots I'm thinking of using but I am not sure either. I'm going to look into shopping for the boots. I won't use Sideshow's boots, I hate those too. The blood on the chainsaw looks terrible and so fake! Keep in mind, I did not have burnt umber paint at the time when I was mixing the red paint. Now that I do. I will have to mix red in with burnt umber and start over with painting blood on the chainsaw. I got this chainsaw off the McFarlane Leatherface set.

I am not sure why the head sculpt doesn't fit on the ttm20 neck. I had to use a neck connector and it was still loose so I had to use some padding inside to make it fit on there. I'm going to dremel out some parts of the neck to make it fit on ttm20.

I am not happy. The money I spent on ttm20 body, the clothes, the parts and the accessories yet it is not coming together very well. I have no complaints about the head sculpt though. The paint job and the hair looks really good. Just needing to fix the neck part of it, thats all.

Here's the picture...consider this a WIP-

9yju4e6e.jpg

The shirt and apron were tailored for the TTM20. I even checked the fit by trying every piece on my own ttm20. There shouldnt be a shirt on underneath it, its not needed. And I also had trouble fitting the head on the body. Dremmeling the neck will make it fit perfectly.

Hey thanks for your help on this. I was told by someone else that an undershirt was not needed and I plan to cut it out but leaving in the sleeves part of it. Dont get me wrong, your shirt and apron is a huge upgrade and much better than Sideshow's. I plan to dremel the neck to make it fit on a ttm20. I want him to look as good as yours.

I'd say it's coming together pretty nicely. I'm not digging the saw tho.

It looks nice! You should totally get a Victor Crowley figure to add to your collection down the line!

I'd say it's coming together pretty nicely. I'm not digging the saw tho.
Agreed. I'm going to start over with the saw. When I first painted it I was just starting out on painting. Now that I know what to mix to make realistic blood. I think the less blood on it the better, do you?

It looks nice! You should totally get a Victor Crowley figure to add to your collection down the line!
Victor Crowley? As a big fan of horror as I am, I'm surprised that the name isn't familiar to me! :lol

The secret to blood is elmer's glue (clear) + tamiya clear red :) Maybe a dash of black too. Probably can get a similar effect with 50/50 acrylic/water....but Tamiya paints are awesome. I need to buy more.

Like you said, less is better. When you add too much you lose the transparency and effect!

He's from the Hatchet with Kane Hodder, it's pretty decent. Looks like Jason Part 2.

Oh? Someone suggested burnt umber with dark red paint and for a wet look- a touch of semi gloss. I don't believe we have a tamiya clear red at any stores here- Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

Check indepedent stores, or order online from japan for like $3.50 on Ebay (I paid $3/bottle at local store)

It depends on the material you use. When I did blood work on my real metal axe, burnt umber + red worked, but when I did it with the foam axe head it didn't look as good so I tried Tamiya and that was the most realistic I've gotten. I think if you water it down you might get the same effect.

I googled Victor Crowley and my god I have not seen The Hatchet yet! My bad! :horror I got to check it out!

Definitely worth a watch. I still have to watch Hatchet II/III. Fun campy slasher flicks. It also has a brief cameo from Tony Todd and Robert Englund which is hilarious.

Check indepedent stores, or order online from japan for like $3.50 on Ebay (I paid $3/bottle at local store)

It depends on the material you use. When I did blood work on my real metal axe, burnt umber + red worked, but when I did it with the foam axe head it didn't look as good so I tried Tamiya and that was the most realistic I've gotten. I think if you water it down you might get the same effect.
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll definitely check out the tamiya clear red and experiment with it.

Definitely worth a watch. I still have to watch Hatchet II/III. Fun campy slasher flicks. It also has a brief cameo from Tony Todd and Robert Englund which is hilarious.
Cool I'll add that to the list of movies I need to watch. :)

Good luck! Another suggestion (I haven't tried it) is red (and black? or black acrylic) food dye + clear elmer's glue, very similar effect. Not sure if it works as well but for both materials are really cheap.

Interesting. There's always those jack of trades in this hobby. Thanks I need the luck! Lol

Hey thanks for your help on this. I was told by someone else that an undershirt was not needed and I plan to cut it out but leaving in the sleeves part of it. Dont get me wrong, your shirt and apron is a huge upgrade and much better than Sideshow's. I plan to dremel the neck to make it fit on a ttm20. I want him to look as good as yours.

Oh I got you. The sleeves on mine are actually just the sleeves. No shirt. Just cut them right below the shoulders and you'll be good.

No problem. Just let me know if you have any questions or need help. Im happy to help out. :duff

Agreed. I'm going to start over with the saw. When I first painted it I was just starting out on painting. Now that I know what to mix to make realistic blood. I think the less blood on it the better, do you?
I'm going to agree with Mario post. Using Elmer's glue with tamiya clear red works pretty good.

Back