American McGee's Alice II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this is due out on Tuesday? Anyone picking this up?

I think I will probably be picking up the PC option myself :hi5:

I loved the original and this looks to be pretty awesome as well!

Funny, I used to play American McGee in Doom II back in the day here in Dallas, TX. Good guy but I am still mad I could never beat him....

Funny, I used to play American McGee in Doom II back in the day here in Dallas, TX. Good guy but I am still mad I could never beat him....

:lol

That's a pretty cool story - I guess he found his calling though

Can't wait! Played the first one back in '03 I think. It actually had very good graphics at the time.

My friend picked this up last night and we played it for a few hours. The graphics and designs are great and has a real Tim Burton-ish feel to it. The gameplay is your standard hack-n-slash but still fun. One annoyance I had was the game would constantly freeze during the game to load then unfreeze. I didn't finish the whole game so I really can't comment too much on the overall story but I liked what I saw.

This game is getting murdered in reviews from just about every major publication. Hmmmmm...I loved the original, but I may just wait for this to drop a bit in price.

I picked this up for the PC - its really pretty and I'm not sure why the reviews are so low. They seem to generally speak good things about the game but end up marking the game down for aspects that they spend only a small part of their review discussing.

I think more than 1 reviewer commented on how Alice's character was not very lively or whatnot...but thats how she was in the first game...shes kind of cold and sarcastic

I picked this up for sale over the weekend. I played for about two hours and love it. Brings back the same sadistic wonderment as the first. I keep playing to see what's next.

Sidenote: Holy crap! I did not know this was going to come with a free download of the first game to play on xbox. Awesome! :rock

Yah, honestly, while this is no God of War in terms of actual gameplay (fighting mechanics)... but the art direction and game setting is simply fantastic. I have this on the PC with ultra graphics and physix or whatever its called and its lovely.

I would give this game around 7 out of 10, but I can enjoy games that aren't the best of the best too. I really enjoyed playing it and I'm a fan of the first one so I'm glad this existed. It's too bad some scenes were cut out though due to time restraints. Would've helped explained the story more (like how Alice ended up in the water and washed up back in London, etc).

This game is fantastic. Been playing it most of the afternoon and it's just plain fun. Goes to show u can't trust reviews anymore. So far id give it an 8. Gorgeous to look at too.

It has lot of platforming, pretty "decent" combat (compared again to something like God of War 3), but simply fantastic art direction (wierd ass creepy yet elegant worlds), accompanied by a suitable soundtrack.

Back