Almost ten years of episode 1 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the Jedi were a more contemplating bunch in TPM. By AOTC and onward, they get dumb. They accept and fight alongside the suspicious clone army, and right upto the point where the cat's out of the bag, Mace is still in denial about Palp being a sith lord. Come on.

At least the Jedi were a more contemplating bunch in TPM. By AOTC and onward, they get dumb. They accept and fight alongside the suspicious clone army, and right upto the point where the cat's out of the bag, Mace is still in denial about Palp being a sith lord. Come on.

A Sith LORD?

It actually ages better than AOTC & ROTS. That may be because it's a more honest movie and was also shot on more actual sets and locations.

Over ROTS? :rotfl I just hope GL finds a way to fix the craptastic HD transfer of Episode I. Poor one out for 10 years of disappointment and having the knowledge that SW has lost some coolness due to The Phantom Menace. :monkey2

If i recall correctly... Yoda was quite suspicious of this Clone Army in AOTC but the next time we see him he's leading the whole battalion. made no sense

Over ROTS? :rotfl I just hope GL finds a way to fix the craptastic HD transfer of Episode I. Poor one out for 10 years of disappointment and having the knowledge that SW has lost some coolness due to The Phantom Menace. :monkey2

ROTS is a bloated mess of a film narratively and aesthetically.

And the crappy TPM transfer currently on DVD is not a true HD transfer... it was a compressed transfer with horrible edge enhancement and artifacting. A true HD transfer of TPM should look quite nice.

If i recall correctly... Yoda was quite suspicious of this Clone Army in AOTC but the next time we see him he's leading the whole battalion. made no sense

That's what bothers me. The visual spectacle took precedence over the story and main characters... because of course, the Clone Wars (tm) had to happen. This makes Yoda less credible.

There should have been some infighting in the Jedi order, Valorum should had conspired to expose Palpatine, and other little things to redeem what TPM had established, thus making the trilogy more interesting, even if it meant trading up time from the visual spectacles. I think that if they had allowed the characters to develop naturally, it would have been a more enjoyable trilogy, even with Jar Jar.

That's what bothers me. The visual spectacle took precedence over the story and main characters... because of course, the Clone Wars (tm) had to happen. This makes Yoda less credible.

So does, imho, him turning into an animated whirling dervish in both AOTC & ROTS.

Oh yeah.. I was one of the few who wasn't thrilled about Yoda saber dueling.. it was a novelty, and that's how I still see it in hindsight. Also didn't like Force lightning being a sith membership perk. Why not Force flame, wind, or radiation?

I got a kick out of seeing Yoda flip around like Tasmanian Devil and screaming war cries... the FIRST time I saw AOTC. Now it's as annoying and stupid to me as Jar Jar and Jake Lloyd.

These posts make me sad. (mostly cause it's true)

I really really REALLY hope the live action series turns out to be halfways cool/interesting.

(can't stand that CW animated ^^^^)

I have a chronic inability to turn my brain off during a film and simply let the blur of colors and noise coddle me. So crap like the PT just isn't for me. Same reason I don't enjoy trite Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich garbage.

Gimme a strong story and riveting performances with lackluster production values over pointless action and empty special effects anytime, especially when they're revisionist add-ons to a series that contradicts and muddies the previous classic films. Sometimes I'm amazed what SW fans will accept and enjoy simply because there are lightsabers and spaceships present.

I have a chronic inability to turn my brain off during a film and simply let the blur of colors and noise coddle me. So crap like the PT just isn't for me. Same reason I don't enjoy trite Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich garbage.

Gimme a strong story and riveting performances with lackluster production values over pointless action and empty special effects anytime, especially when they're revisionist add-ons to a series that contradicts and muddies the previous classic films. Sometimes I'm amazed what SW fans will accept and enjoy simply because there are lightsabers and spaceships present.

Well, I beg to differ. A lot of us Star Wars fans just aren't anal retentive tightasses stuck in the past, teetering on our whole existence being decimated should some tiny splinter of new thought threaten the continuity of the past, needing an EU concept to bridge the gap. :huh :p

Well, I beg to differ. A lot of us Star Wars fans just aren't anal retentive tightasses stuck in the past, teetering on our whole existence being decimated should some tiny splinter of new thought threaten the continuity of the past, needing an EU concept to bridge the gap. :huh :p

True. Lots of people out there with poor taste. :p

Pick the worst, most hideous train-wreck of a film you can think of and you'll find its fair share of fans.

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS.

10 years ago i was single, had no kid, no $, (well i still don't have much $ :)) It seems like yesterday.

I can't even fathom where i'll be in another 10. Hopefully raving that the TV series turned out good.

Like Donald Rumsfeld said, "As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time. " :lol

Back