Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that Giger was not a fan of the Rambaldi head..but I thing Rambaldi made a great job.Giger delivered the overall design..but without Rambaldis awesome work the creature had never become this big attention.I like the Rambaldiversion..all of it..the colors,the milky dome,the extreme detailed mouthsection.
32965244ga.jpg

I fully agree with you kroenen. Rambaldi brought Giger’s Alien to life, which is why Giger and Rambaldi BOTH won oscars for their achievements.

But as for this bust, Coolprops have stayed faithful and replicated Gigers original which CP has stated from the beginning. Which is also probably a separate license (not from FOX) from The Giger family which is why the price is so high. People saying the inaccuracies of it are not understanding where Coolprops mold is from and what they replicated. They are likely thinking of Rambaldi’s Mechanical Alien.

Yes I know.Its a replica of Gigers Headversion.The suitversion.Thats ok...and Coolprops said that from the beginning.But the Rambaldiversion would be more interesting for me.I hope that they will release it one day...or I must build my own.:wink1:

Thanks kroenen for your posts and I agree with Masa. At the end, rambaldi’s head is very cool but coolprops replicated giger’s alien.

This bust that I absolutely love, it’s an exact replica of giger’s bust. I didn’t know that hgc’s one came from an original mold too but mouth area and dome looks off for me. Even paintjob seems too white for me too.

The video of coolprops’ bust that I posted before looks like the real creature. I see THE ALIEN there. When I see other busts or figures, I can’t say the same thing.

Of course a Rambaldi’s head would be awesome but a pain in the ass for us in QC for the final figure...if sideshow delivered their bust with broken tendons (that were very simple), I can’t imagine the problems we will have with the Rambaldi’s ones...

Both heads are Alien and are great. we can recognize the creature. But the first one was giger’s one and I am more than happy to have one on the way:)

Great kroenen!! Who knows?? May be you will sell me a rambaldi’s version someday;)

Great kroenen!! Who knows?? May be you will sell me a rambaldi’s version someday;)

Haha..yes.Perhaps one day.:wink1:

Well said with the 2 versions.And yes..a Ramabaldis head could be a big shipping problem with all the small glued on parts.;/

A little bit offtopic..but the big Neca Alien shows also the Rambaldiversion..thats why I like it much more as the previous version.

32967264rj.jpg

I really like neca’s job in that one! It was my “first big figure”:) know I sold all my necas and I will keep the bust and the maquette from coolprops:) and I have begun with jurassic park line...lol(just the raptor bust and maybe another figure). No more place...lol

Yes I know.Its a replica of Gigers Headversion.The suitversion.Thats ok...and Coolprops said that from the beginning.But the Rambaldiversion would be more interesting for me.I hope that they will release it one day...or I must build my own.:wink1:

The second paragraph wasn’t aimed at you :). I agree, I do hope a licensed Rambaldi version will be released one day :)

I really like neca’s job in that one! It was my “first big figure”:) know I sold all my necas and I will keep the bust and the maquette from coolprops:) and I have begun with jurassic park line...lol(just the raptor bust and maybe another figure). No more place...lol

I have nothing from Necas Alien Line..only this gigantic figure.I think with some work and a great base+plaque you can make a great statue from this.

And yes...space is really a big problem with collecting 1:1 props.Space and money!:lol

Ahhh screw it.... Ordered!

I still maintain that this thing is too expensive, but It's just beautiful. Plus how can I carry on claiming to be a huge Giger's Alien fan if I don't own this... :lol

Ahhh screw it.... Ordered!

I still maintain that this thing is too expensive, but It's just beautiful. Plus how can I carry on claiming to be a huge Giger's Alien fan if I don't own this... :lol

WTF!!!!! PYTHONNNNNN!!! One year to decide!!!at last!!I can’t believe it!!! Welcome to the prouds’ collectors club of the 1:1 alien bust!! You won’t regret it:) bravooooo

And now...the maquette!lol

WTF!!!!! PYTHONNNNNN!!! One year to decide!!!at last!!I can’t believe it!!! Welcome to the prouds’ collectors club of the 1:1 alien bust!! You won’t regret it:) bravooooo

And now...the maquette!lol

I know, got there in the end lol. And I already know I'll be getting the maquette also. I'm just waiting to see if Prime 1 can better it before I actually commit to it and place a deposit :) If CP would just put an limited ES number on the maquette, I'd probably buy it regardless.

:hi5: :rock

Well Fed ex are quick, mine just arrived earlier than expected.

First impressions..... This thing is beautiful! Seriously beautiful. The big chap has long been my favorite character, and this thing has captured that eerie, beautiful, Alien creature in all of it's glory.

Second impressions upon lifting it out of the box. This doesn't feel like a super high quality product if I'm honest, it feels quite light and plasticy in places, but not even close to being as bad as some recent Sideshow items such as the Wolf LSB. It's passable, but I think I just expected a bit more for $1700 + $125 shipping and 20% duty. Still, It is acceptable and it wouldn't be an issue once it's up on display.

Third impressions.... Bugger! It has a huge cluster of scratches on the side of the dome. It also has a fair amount of peeling black paint towards the rear. Speaking of paint, it isn't anything to shout about at all. It's just a flat black with very sparse brown highlights. That said, it doesn't look bad at all, it just comes back to that huge price tag which inevitably raises expectations.

Ultimately, despite the huge cost, I'm going to get onto Sideshow and see if they can replace this one rather than returning it. Also, we're always harder on these things when they first arrive. I'll save my full thoughts and review etc until I've had it a few days, or until my shiny undamaged new one hopefully arrives. I suspect I'll go from slightly underwhelmed, to adoring it as a little time passes....

Glad I cancelled mine.

For something close to two grand...the item has to instantly blow you away.

I got a $1200 refund back...which will be set aside to partially fund Chase Smith’s Big Chap.

That sounds like an easy pass.Thanks for this honest assessment.

Ditto on that.

I also appreciate posters displaying and describing the head.

Not hating whatsoever...it looks nice, and I’m glad many are happy getting it...but it’s just not for me, that’s all...

Well Fed ex are quick, mine just arrived earlier than expected.

First impressions..... This thing is beautiful! Seriously beautiful. The big chap has long been my favorite character, and this thing has captured that eerie, beautiful, Alien creature in all of it's glory.

Second impressions upon lifting it out of the box. This doesn't feel like a super high quality product if I'm honest, it feels quite light and plasticy in places, but not even close to being as bad as some recent Sideshow items such as the Wolf LSB. It's passable, but I think I just expected a bit more for $1700 + $125 shipping and 20% duty. Still, It is acceptable and it wouldn't be an issue once it's up on display.

Third impressions.... Bugger! It has a huge cluster of scratches on the side of the dome. It also has a fair amount of peeling black paint towards the rear. Speaking of paint, it isn't anything to shout about at all. It's just a flat black with very sparse brown highlights. That said, it doesn't look bad at all, it just comes back to that huge price tag which inevitably raises expectations.

Ultimately, despite the huge cost, I'm going to get onto Sideshow and see if they can replace this one rather than returning it. Also, we're always harder on these things when they first arrive. I'll save my full thoughts and review etc until I've had it a few days, or until my shiny undamaged new one hopefully arrives. I suspect I'll go from slightly underwhelmed, to adoring it as a little time passes....

First of all, thanks for the review, much appreciated.

Your first impression...glad it looks beautiful, good to hear.

Second impression...well, it is what it is...sounds like it’s not made out of the best quality materials, but like you said, as long as it displays nicely, that’s what counts.

Your third impression...this is the part that’s INFURIATING to me. Doesn’t this company have any decent quality control? How can a business sell such an expensive item and not perform a simple pre-shipping inspection? I can live with the simple flat black color scheme...but the paint peeling and dome scratching is UNACCEPTABLE to me. Who packaged the Giger Head? SideShow or CoolProps? I’ve never bought a CoolProps item, but have bought plenty of SideShow and Hot Toys items...and never had a problem.

Your fourth impression...I can’t suggest to keep or return it...the only one who decides is you of course. But if it was me receiving a $2K item damaged like that, I’d return it.

Hope it works out for you...

...and again, thanks for sharing.

Just my two cents.

Back