Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this was one where their over bogged servers made it a crapshoot. I added to my cart exactly when they went up and i lost out.

Yeah I had got to them the first minute it was up and the site locked up when I was trying to check out. 9 mins later when it finally came up it....sold out! Well 0-2 with Mondo ******S!

I completed my order, and went back to the home page, where the variant still showed in stock on its page. I have my invoice email too, so I expect my order will count.

I bet the servers got hammered so bad, it took forever for the orders to go through checkout, making them show in stock longer than they really were.

Wow
assuming those tweets were accurate, everyone should have been able to get one.

If the site had been working smoothly it would have sold out instantly, but for a while you couldn't get an order in after the initial traffic overwhelmed the server. Site froze for several minutes and kept everybody's processing screens spinning. Once it started working properly again, orders really started going through fast and it sold out. One thing I've learned--when it's painfully slow for you, it's painfully slow for a lot of other people at the same time.

I always love going to Mondo's Facebook page and hearing the whining from people who missed out, who aren't familiar with the process, who clamor for upgraded servers. Yeah, because you were the only person who wanted this drop.

ebay is already swarmed with them ranging from $100 - $479. :horror Well I will take a shot there but won't get my hopes up.

ebay is already swarmed with them ranging from $100 - $479. :horror Well I will take a shot there but won't get my hopes up.

I just dont understand why they wont make a open run and then ship them out about 6 months later? They would make a killing. That or release a giclee variant of the print.

I just dont understand why they wont make a open run and then ship them out about 6 months later? They would make a killing. That or release a giclee variant of the print.

1. It would destroy the collectible nature of prints

B. Screenprinting is a rather involved, painstaking process. I think it took a few months before the open run of TDKR Olly Moss prints were fully shipped.

III. One of the things screen printing does is that every print is inherently unique, depending on how it was made, the mix of inks used, etc. No two prints are really alike, and an extended run would show vast differences between runs. Giclee's and lithos are different in that they're made for fast turnaround. The inks are uniform. There's no soul in a litho or a giclee. Yes, the art is cool, but there's just something "manufactured" about it, you know what I mean?

same experience as most of you.. there from the beginning and nothing thanks to the servers.. :(

if anyone has a copy of either they will part with, let me know.. i'll happily pay you... not ebay prices.. but i'd pay nice.

*sigh* :( my preciousss...

They did that earlier this year with Olly's Dark Knight print, and I'm sure they will do it again. They just won't make it a habit.

I agree with Bill that there is something unique and special about a screenprint. I'm not too interested in giclees.

Just wait a few weeks to a month and score one on eBay way cheaper than what they are initially trying to offer on eBay now. By that time Mondo will have released enough stuff that people will forget about these.

So close, I was at the final check out screen, waiting for it to load to finalize my order...then sold out...I'm new to the game, but geezes, is this what is expected for every big drop? I can't say I will pay 3-6 times the listing price for one on EB.

Just wait a few weeks to a month and score one on eBay way cheaper than what they are initially trying to offer on eBay now. By that time Mondo will have released enough stuff that people will forget about these.

with anything olly moss that is a lot of wishful thinking.

Back