Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dunno...this is olly moss's best work imo...plus it's star wars :lol

seriously.

most of the stuff ive seen from him is a bit on the obscure side and very simplistic. but with the silhouettes of the characters tied into the environments of the movies, it's just genius work.

Can someone give me a little info on the best way to purchase something through Mondo?

I want to start collecting the Del Toro poster line, and decided I would see how the check out process goes, so I wanted to do a dry run with these Star Wars posters.

I was told to watch the Twitter feed to see when they go on sale. Needless to say, the twitter feed never said they were on sale. Should I just sit on the Mondo site, on the poster's main page, where it says it will be released at a random time on a certain day, and just refresh constantly?

I don't want something like this to happen with the Del Toro stuff, so I want to know the best way to tackle this.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

seriously.

most of the stuff ive seen from him is a bit on the obscure side and very simplistic. but with the silhouettes of the characters tied into the environments of the movies, it's just genius work.

These are in my opinion by far the best looking movie posters he has done. I am not a huge fan of his stuff but these really are great looking.

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I'm not a fan of any of his other work, but these are amazing for the reason you said above. Plus they look like actual movie posters with the film titles and partial credits. All the other SW prints so far in this series have been mainly just art capturing characters from the films. These are by far the best in the line so far for me.

Stouts will probably be great too, I just hope they are not to busy, which a lot of his stuff tends to be.

Strangely the first word I got about them being up was by email. Usually it is twitter or facebook.

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I'm not a fan of any of his other work, but these are amazing for the reason you said above. Plus they look like actual movie posters with the film titles and partial credits. All the other SW prints so far in this series have been mainly just art capturing characters from the films. These are by far the best in the line so far for me.

Stouts will probably be great too, I just hope they are not to busy, which a lot of his stuff tends to be.

I don't mind busy, which is why I like most of Stout's stuff. I just worry they will look too similar to what is already out there since there are so many montage Star Wars posters already.

I guess I can prepare my tears and admonitions now, for the possibility of some Alien poster from Mondo in the future which I will not be able to secure. At least that would not be as popular as SW...

:(

I guess I can prepare my tears and admonitions now, for the possibility of some Alien poster from Mondo in the future which I will not be able to secure. At least that would not be as popular as SW...

:(
They have already released two Alien posters from Ken Taylor.

I have the Space Jockey Ken Taylor, but always pass on the egg on eBay. I like that SJ one a lot and even had it custom framed.

wow, good job. I was freaking out just entering the CC info after adding the set, not thankfully had my CC number cut and pasted and only had to enter my CCIV and exp date.

Yeah, it wasn't even my plan at all. I was refreshing like mad, and the set of 3 was erroring when I put it into my cart, so I said F it, and went after the individuals. I'm still amazed it worked.

I did the same thing with the CC info. All it was was a CTRL+V into the box, the Processing Payment animation was the most agonizing 120 seconds of my life.

It's crazy that they're selling for over a grand right now.

True Grit poster coming Wednesday.

https://movies.yahoo.com/photos/cel.../alamo-drafthouse--mondo--best-of-2010#photo1
5980_2373040472.jpg

ARTIST: Aaron Horkey
SIZE: 39"x15" (each)
EDITION: 400 (Regular) / 110 (Variant)
ON SALE: 12/23

Man, I know this is going to sound a little strange, but I didn't get both of my "Wretched Hive" prints in. I ordered both, the exclusive and the regular, and just got around to opening it now, and only the silver exclusive is in the tube.

There were two invoices in the tube, one with both items and a total of $149 and another with just the variant and a total of $99. The invoice date is 11/18.

Now that I look, there are two unique invoice numbers: AB-1014x and AB-1015x. I wonder if they thought I was trying to order multiples and automatically cancelled the duplicate invoice, which happened to be the one with both versions, and just left the single exclusive version in place.

Problem is, I don't remember placing two orders. Now I have to do some research and see what I got charged.. This is the second time Mondo has screwed up my order; they charged me twice on the trick or treat print.

Edit: figured it out. Mondo screwed up big time. That second invoice that I don't remeber placing, that's because its for Jon Hopkins of Woodinvilla, WA?????? Whoever and wherever the hell that is. So I got his single print ordered and got charged for both of my prints. I hope I can get in touch with a real person at Mondo CS, if one even exists.

Last edited:
Back