AH Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that Catwoman and Zantana are previewed in this months Previews. Can anyone scan the images in and post them here?

Catwoman is in it as a Preview, but Zatanna and Black Canary are just artwork previews. Zatanna is from one of the Catwoman covers, and Canary is from an alternate JLA cover. Catwoman looks fantastic though. Let's hope the final product looks as good as what's shown here. They just say "Coming Soon" above them, so there's no indication on if it's one a month or not. I have some feeling it would probably be solicited one every 2 months, similar to the busts.

Sorry the scan's a little grainy, but my scanner does that with colour newsprint.

catwoman-statue.jpg

Wow. They do a full line of AH! statues and cut the man out of any real involvement in their production?
This seems like an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the Sideshow Marvel AH! Comiquettes and leaves me a little uneasy.

From what I can see these statues look more like the AH! art than do the SideShow Hughes based statues.

Also, I wonder if they'll do the famous AH! Power Girl cover:

Power_Girl_2_800x600.jpg

Wow. They do a full line of AH! statues and cut the man out of any real involvement in their production?
This seems like an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the Sideshow Marvel AH! Comiquettes and leaves me a little uneasy.

When has DCD been anything but a copycat? They see the SSC Vs. statues - they copy them. They see the success of 1/6th, they copy them (badly). The SSC PFs - copy them. Now the AH! ladies.

But I like the DC characters, so I'm all for them taking good ideas and using for themselves, since they won't license to SSC.

When has DCD been anything but a copycat? They see the SSC Vs. statues - they copy them. They see the success of 1/6th, they copy them (badly). The SSC PFs - copy them. Now the AH! ladies.

But I like the DC characters, so I'm all for them taking good ideas and using for themselves, since they won't license to SSC.
Them copying SSC isn't what's really making me uneasy (okay, it does a little bit), but it's that they don't seem to want Adam involved in the production of the statues. Like Saffron said, he couldn't even get the size of the WW statue out of them, and I don't think he knew that this is a series. It seems to me that DCD doesn't want much to do with him.
I may be looking at this the wrong way though, and Adam might be fine with the way they're treating him.

From what I can see these statues look more like the AH! art than do the SideShow Hughes based statues.

Also, I wonder if they'll do the famous AH! Power Girl cover:

Power_Girl_2_800x600.jpg

They've already told us they won't; that the pose won't work, and I agree. They did however ask if Adam had any other Powergirl covers he was working on, which he currently does not.

It seems to me that DCD doesn't want much to do with him.
I may be looking at this the wrong way though, and Adam might be fine with the way they're treating him.

While I can and often do speak for Adam, I'm hesitant to comment on this line of discussion. I think its safe to say that Adam would love to be involved in designing a line of DC statues based on his artwork, provided that the relationship was one similar to the relationship he enjoys with Sideshow Collectibles. But I don't feel its my place to say more than that.

They've already told us they won't; that the pose won't work, and I agree. They did however ask if Adam had any other Powergirl covers he was working on, which he currently does not.

Good to know. Can I read the source?

There is this PG cover:

jsaclas02-2.jpg

though it's the PG AH! bust.

And it's already been done

PGLong.jpg

albeit in a very limited run. :D

Last edited:
actually that Powergirl was already done by DC Direct as well.

FS_2570001.jpg

Customizers don't really help out the folks that may want to buy a sculpture based on that piece. I mean its one thing for a customizer to make it for their personal collection. But we all know that if it was made and mass produced without the permission of the artist (Adam) or the licenser (DC) that the guy who made it could be sued on several fronts. And he therefore wouldn't put his name on the photos soliciting that image, now would he? :angelsmil

The Supergirl cover/poster should be a no-brainer.

We've also been told the Supergirl isn't being done as part of that line. We thought a while back that they would ask Andy Berqholtz to do it, as he's now exclusive over there. Adam even asked them to have Andy work on it. But his request was declined.

Are the people at DC comics different from the people at DC Direct?

YES. Its like asking if DC Accounting and DC Comics are different people. DC Comics and DC Direct are two completely different teams running the two different departments on two different floors of the building they share in NYC. I don't think any staff is "shared" between the DC Comics and DC Direct. Both departments answer to Paul Levitz, the head honcho at DC.

I love that Catwoman statue! and as everybody has already said, they should be made 1/4 scale

Back