After 5 months, I finally found time to paint my Rhino statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body is excellent. Faces are really hard, and I'm pretty sure 99% of us here couldn't do better. Practice makes perfect. If Bodie had said it looked great...then be insulted. He's just staying in character.:D

customizerwannabe said:
The body is excellent. Faces are really hard, and I'm pretty sure 99% of us here couldn't do better. Practice makes perfect. If Bodie had said it looked great...then be insulted. He's just staying in character.:D

Thank you very much. This was also the first body I did that was not covered in robes, so I am glad it came out as well as it did.

Last edited:
True, he's a boob. So he has to maintain that title.

I still like you Bodie! Now, bring on more custom jobs guys! Love see everyone's work!

Nice work! I've started tinkering around with sculpting and its not an easy gig... especially doing a large full body piece like that. Keep up the good work :rock

LOTRSWfan said:
Well, just about. I am 95% done with just minor minor details and touch-ups left to do (I was too tired from 4 1/2 hours of painting to finish up at 3 in the morning, lol).

So, let me know what you think:

rhino004.jpg

rhino005.jpg

rhino006.jpg

rhino007.jpg

rhino008.jpg

I remember commenting in the thread when you were starting work on your Rhino statue LOTRSWfan and it looked great then.

Paint apps are really good, but he reminds me more of the classic Rhino from those early issues rather than the modern version.

Still looks great though, keep up the good work:D

:lol :lol :lol That's a cool looking sculpt. Keep it up and have yourself a huge collection of your own sculptures. Enjoy and have fun. Show us more when your done.

Hey Mike, are you able to get hold of those sideshow lookalike bases for me? I sent you a pm quite some time back and got no response. I would like to get one for my Cave Troll hammer.

noelleon69 said:
Hey Mike, are you able to get hold of those sideshow lookalike bases for me? I sent you a pm quite some time back and got no response. I would like to get one for my Cave Troll hammer.

Mike? Anybody?

nice work! art is so much more valuable when it inspires others to get their hands dirty (to me, it is all about the process... in many ways art is a verb... the final result is simply the residue of the process)... anyone can buy a statue and display it (it is frightening how many people settle on hoarding assembly line pieces) but you have run with your inspiration and hopefully with that, inspired others to do so... congrats... now you have something of real value!

What's going on with the legs and hands...was this a Rhino/Sandman morph?

Just for the record I'm not trying to ask a smart*** question.

Kookie said:
What's going on with the legs and hands...was this a Rhino/Sandman morph?

Just for the record I'm not trying to ask a smart*** question.
Spidermans webs.

Calle_Sandell said:
Wow, thats a great idea Noel!!

Let me know if you find something out!

No problem... that's if I managed to contact Mike here. :) All i know is that he got it from an art store called Michaels. I'll try to contact him again.

Anyone here who knows mike and is reading this post, could you inform him that i'm looking for him? Thanks!

Back