Advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diatek

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys, after some advice. Spent three years buying as many Hot toys as I could! Built up quite a nice collection I think! Long story short landlord would renew garage lease and lI lost my garage. Had to take a full time job. Not enough money for Hot toys now and trying to stop from losing my house. Really don't want to sell my collection. Was never in it to make money. What is the best way to sell figures. Obviously there's EBay. I have 25 figures. Is it worth trying to sell as a job lot or sell individually? Absolutely gutted that I have to sell them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd sell them individually if you have to do it. I usually sell on eBay, but take into account you'll get hit with the 10% fee for selling on there. You can sell on here if you have a Premium membership, which will save you eBay fees, but be prepared to get bombarded by lowball offers if you do.

Hi guys, after some advice. Spent three years buying as many Hot toys as I could! Built up quite a nice collection I think! Long story short landlord would renew garage lease and lI lost my garage. Had to take a full time job. Not enough money for Hot toys now and trying to stop from losing my house. Really don't want to sell my collection. Was never in it to make money. What is the best way to sell figures. Obviously there's EBay. I have 25 figures. Is it worth trying to sell as a job lot or sell individually? Absolutely gutted that I have to sell them all!

Yeah, follow Zod's advice. It sucks, but I'd go with the eBay route.

70%? Surely youre joking. You gotta be right? No ones that pompous that they think theyre entitled to such a deal, are they? Having done absolutely nothing for you ever and thinking they can have that is comical at the very least. Funny how people think just cause youre selling something that youre in some sort of despira.tion to make anything

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Don't get too bummed about it TC. Selling your toys only means that you're being a responsible adult, accountable for your own life. This hobby is awesome, but at the end of the day it's just a luxury and if you're aware that your life priorities will always take precedence over this silly hobby then you know you're doing the right thing. You can always rebuy the stuff later, even if they cost more.

As for eBay, it has its' pros and cons but at least you'll know that you're exposing your sales to the widest audience possible, just remember that you'll loose 14% of the total sales + shipping incurred as fees, and any listing under a week will also incur a special fee. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that you're selling all of your collection, I know I would hate going through that myself.
As for selling them, you have to take into account that even in Ebay people would not be excited to buy from a new seller, I think so.
So, I think you should also consider selling your stuff here, unless you really can't afford the premuim membership.

I'm going through a similar situation (selling my collection) due to an upcoming move overseas.

I've sold things here and on Ebay. My suggestion is to list your items on Ebay. The price you get on Ebay will be more than here even after all of the Ebay/Paypal fees. I've been listing items on Ebay for the past 6 weeks and have been getting much better than expected prices for the items I've listed so far.

Alot of people buying here will make lowball offers and act like they're helping you out, LOL. Besides, like others have said, Ebay exposes you to the largest audience of potential buyers. You'd be lucky to get 10% of the eyeballs on your items here versus Ebay.

70%? Surely youre joking. You gotta be right? No ones that pompous that they think theyre entitled to such a deal, are they? Having done absolutely nothing for you ever and thinking they can have that is comical at the very least. Funny how people think just cause youre selling something that youre in some sort of despira.tion to make anything

Did someone turn off your sarcasm detector?

Just prepare for people to officially ask you to take up to 70% off your items (I've actually had that happen). eBay does take fees (as does paypal).

I wish you luck in selling it. I sold a large portion of my collection last year (moreso just to downsize). It's really hard initially but it gets a little easier to sell.

Didnt seem mr green was being sarcastic to me.

Happen twice, and on different statue actually. Some just don't understand supply & demand and the market value. One just can't afford it so Mr. Green suggest a newer and lesser quality statue, lol.

Hehee, maybe they think Mr. Green might accidentally click accept. It's not as bad as the douch bag who buy and pay with paypal, and request cancel just minutes after. Mr. Green didn't want to deal with possible drama, so he let him wiggle out.

Comb through the want to buy section before going through eBay. Maybe, just maybe you can get what you want for it... but don't bet on it. Nothing but window shoppers here that want yard sale prices.

316 should openly apologize to me. [emoji1]

grumpy-cat-5-dont-hold-your-breath.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys. Trying to flog off some of my garage stuff and tools so hopefully it won't come to it! Been thinking about which ones to keep but I like all of them!

Back