Adam Hughes Marvel Female Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Please can someone inform all of us eager collectors when the announcement will be made on what the other 5 of the 6 Adam Hughes inspired female statues are going to be. It's 2007 now so you can or should at least announce right now. Because in all honesty the wait is seriously killing me on this one. I want all 6 now!

i doubt anyone will answer this until it's time to reveal the next offering.

wofford29 said:
I know Mary Jane and Black Cat have been confirmed. Not sure what the rest will be.

confirmed? Where and when?

gambit said:
I just wish the breasts will be in harmony with the body
I still do not like white queen body proportions

PS: Don't get me wrong, I love huge breasts :cool: but on that piece, it wasn't aesthetic imo

well even in the comics the white queen wasn't exactly flat chested. I think it does the character justice.

Agreed not to mention these are statues based off of the artwork of Adam Hughes who usually draw his characters with large breasts. So most importantly it does justice to the work of the artist. I didn't know that Black Cat and Mary Jane where confirmed anywhere I'd like to see that too since a lot has been mostly speculation. As to the next one I'm betting that we see at least one or two of these at ToyFair this year....SSC has been low profile really leading up to it...

nash said:
well even in the comics the white queen wasn't exactly flat chested. I think it does the character justice.

I do not want flat chested woman statues. But there shall be a proportion as I stated. Take Fathom statue from Moore for example. her breasts are not small but in great proportion with the body sculpture

Apples and Oranges. Fathom statues are based off of the artwork of Michael Turner who usually draw women with more "proportional" in terms of breast size but he has taken hits about his large hands and feet, too skiny waistlines and faces that were too rounded. Although if I bought a piece based off of Michael Turner I wouldn't want it any other way because that is WHY I'm buying the piece. Adam Hughes draws like Adam Hughes and if they do Comiquettes based off of his artwork they should be true to those pieces. If they wanted to make generic Marvel female statues they wouldn't need AH would they?

wofford29 said:
someone on statue forum metioned it from there trip to SDCC and the art work was shown in his book from the same show.

edit: Here's a link to the photos in the sketchbook. You'll see the sketches for Emma that's been shown along with the Black Cat and Mary Jane as well as a few DC busts.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Adam-Hughes-Ca...oryZ3986QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im not sure that a sketch book is a creditable source. Look at the emma there are many phases of that pose. I have a feeling that the statues are based on scetches that he had done, not brand new sketchs.

mfoga said:
Im not sure that a sketch book is a creditable source. Look at the emma there are many phases of that pose. I have a feeling that the statues are based on scetches that he had done, not brand new sketchs.

I'm basing my info off of someone that actually spoke with him at SDCC and showed him the concept drawings of the statues which are the three in that book. He's drawn up the sketches for the artist to sculpt from and then does the final artwork like you see with the Emma once the statue has been done. He mentioned that in an interview.

gambit said:
I just wish the breasts will be in harmony with the body
I still do not like white queen body proportions

PS: Don't get me wrong, I love huge breasts :cool: but on that piece, it wasn't aesthetic imo

it's adam hughes homie. what more can you say.

No offense but do some of you even read comics or have you seen the typical female form in "comic-art style", let alone Adam Hughes style?

The female form is HIGHLY exaggerated in comics and as thus, these statues are based on Hughes' unique design and capturing it a 3-D form. You might as well throw all your proportions out the window. :monkey1

Bardoon said:
No offense but do some of you even read comics or have you seen the typical female form in "comic-art style", let alone Adam Hughes style?

The female form is HIGHLY exaggerated in comics and as thus, these statues are based on Hughes' unique design and capturing it a 3-D form. You might as well throw all your proportions out the window. :monkey1

None taken. I have over 7000 comics and I am one of the serious comic collectors in Turkey

but with regards to statues my tastes are different. I do not have to like HIGHLY exaggerated Hughes statues and I can criticise I presume

gambit said:
None taken. I have over 7000 comics and I am one of the serious comic collectors in Turkey

but with regards to statues my tastes are different. I do not have to like HIGHLY exaggerated Hughes statues and I can criticise I presume

Of course you can, we all have our opinions. :)

Back