ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone possibly point me in the right direction to go the Asia route as some above have mentioned? Really liking this, but cant find it anywhere for the UK!

Just got a special edition one. Really like ACI swords. Hair looks good on mine, it does not look like Ken or Barbie. A bit longer that supposed to be, but really decent looking. You could make it look better for sure, but even the original look is good.
Likeness is really there in the sculpt, yet I think that painting eyes looking up was not the best solution.
Anyway, happy with mine, just a bit displeased for not having elven inscription on Anduril.

From ACI Facebook:

Dear all,
Thanks very much for the support! We have been receiving a lot of inquiry about 1/6 LOTR Aragorn action figure! However, as the license of LOTR will be expired soon, we will not be able to produce a 2nd batch of order. And, all made 800 sets(including Regular & Special version) were already sold out at wholesales level. We apologies to upset those fans of LOTR and ACI's loyal customers who could not get the ACI Aragorn! Owing to the limited time frame and tight production schedule, we could only to fulfill mainly the pre-order made months ago. Really thankful to all the positive evaluations of our products and hope you could get them from your retailers soon! Bryan Lo : )

So anybody in North America got that figure? I've got it preordered in Canada but have no idea when it's coming out.

Could someone possibly point me in the right direction to go the Asia route as some above have mentioned? Really liking this, but cant find it anywhere for the UK!

I´m in the same problem here, who can recomend a reliable asian e-store to get this fgure (animarket is out of stock)

Aragorn exclusive is still showing as available at Animarket. On a whim, I checked to see if the exclusive Ringwraith was in stock, since it's sold out at BBTS (it was!). Decided to bite the bullet and pick it up. Even with outrageous shipping, it's going to cost a few bucks less than if I'd bought from BBTS direct. :) Very excited to see this in-hand and pair it with Asmus' Morgul Lord.

Only thing that's funny to me is the exclusive Wraith is the normal Nazgul and the regular is the Witch King. You'd think it'd be the other way around (since collectors buying multiples of the more plentiful version will be technically army-building the WK), unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: Sorry lord_raptor, I double-checked and you are correct, Aragorn exclusive is out of stock at Animarket. The exclusive was in stock at BBTS, earlier today, but see both versions are sold out there, now, too. Good luck!

Last edited:
urban samurai hobbies

cool that's where I bought it too. just received my noufication that it will ship. since they didn't adjust the Canadian price to match the higher US dollar ($299ca) that figures comes about $240US which is slightly higher than a regular hot toys nowadays

This just arrived - the Noble Collection Anduril. Hopefully it's the right size for the figure.

Have you found it for a good price?

That was my initial plan too (since I couldn't find a Special Edition). Asked someone here to measure Aci's Anduril (21 cm). That Noble collection version is 23 cm, so it might be a little too big. Quite interested in pictures.

Pros of the Noble:

The blade has a nice shine to it like the real sword
The metal used is high quality (ACI is very thin and could snap/bend)
The elvish inscription runs up both sides
The handle is a lot thicker meaning the figure can hold it with ease. (the figure struggles to hold the ACI Anduril and Ranger sword as the handles are very thin)
The handle is slightly smaller and looks more in proportion with the figure.

Cons:
The black part of the handle gets fatter at the top which isn't accurate (though you can't tell once it is in the figure's hand)
No gold detailing on the handle
The inscription is printed on and might rub off
It probably doesn't fit in the scabbard as the blade is thicker (I don't want to try and risk scratching it)

Apart from that, I'd say the Noble wins it. It's more accurate with the inscription and shiny blade, figure can hold it with ease, it's in 1/6 scale and does not look oversized.

The ACI is essentially Narsil.

I'd forgotten just how stupidly big the sword is in the film:

Last edited:
Back