ABC Express pre-order help please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morbo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have the DX joker and T-600 pre-ordered at Abc express. when I paid for them I chose my Grandads address to be delivered to as he is always in.
I had bad news today from my mum. at 5am this morning my Gramps died.

I emailed Abc to ask if they could change the delivery address to my home.

Dear abc-express,

> could you please change the delivery address for this item. the original
> address was to my Grandads house, but unfortunately he passed away last
> night, so could you please send this item to my home address:
> Craig Smith
> address line 1
> address line 2
> address line 3
> address line 4
> United Kingdom

they replied:

HI,
Due to paypal policy, we can only send item to address which is stated
in your paypal. If you wish to change, you need to pay again and write
the correct address onto paypal.
Afterwards we will refund you the original amount. After you have
completed the change, please notify us.
Best,
Abc

so they want me to pay again for these figures BEFORE I get a refund.
should I just do it or contact Paypal to ask if they could do something about changing the address. I have ordered from Abc in the past and had no trouble with them.

thanks freaks.

sorry to hear about your gramps.
I would phone paypal and check what they say first. Sounds a bit dodgy although I know for a fact abc aren't out to try anything dodgy.
Hope it all works out.

EDIT :

You could always say you don't have the financies to pay again and since they haven't sent anything for them to just refund you. It seems easier this way anyway.

thanks Tay.

I have emailed Abc again to ask if they would just refund the money and I will re-order these figures again from them. I just think it's crap that I have to pay again before they refund me. why can't they refund me first? I still want the figures.

I can understand them. Paypal will only cover a seller if the item is shipped to their verified address with Paypal.

I just had a phone call from the owner of ABC express! It was difficult to understand what he was saying, but I think he is going to change the shipping address for me tomorrow.
I didn't expect that!

I just had a phone call from the owner of ABC express! It was difficult to understand what he was saying, but I think he is going to change the shipping address for me tomorrow.
I didn't expect that!

was it a chinese man that says "sir" alot

haha, no it wasn't. He didn't call me sir once, but,he was very polite and very helpful and understanding, even though his English wasn't very good.
I can't even speak a word of Chinese, so i can't complain. It was just so nice of him to actually call me. If this all gets sorted out tomorrow as expected, I will sing so much praise for ABC Express.

Awesome Morbo! ABC have just rocketed to the top of my best ebay sellers list...Jolly good show what

What is the address you've used on your paypal account? That is the address where the parcel should be sent. You never mentioned if the address you chose, was the same as or different from that one. If the address on your paypal account was not your grandfathers address it wouldn't of have mattered, that you asked for the parcel to be sent to your grandfathers, they still would have, or should have, sent it to your paypal account address.

So your Gramps died and the first thing you do is worry about your pre-orders? :confused:

wow man. That seems extreme to post.
You have no idea what hes feeling or doing at the minute. Just because he is dealing with his pre orders doesn't mean he isn't doing other things.
I am on this forum every day and I know Morbo is on nearly every day too so he has probably simply realised early on. The problem still has to be taken care of so if hes realised now why not try and get it sorted out.

Its for none of us to judge what he does now and we definitely have no right to question.

Glad to hear that abc express have phoned you up Morbo , they get things later than some hong kong sellers but so far they have always been great with my orders.

So your Gramps died and the first thing you do is worry about your pre-orders? :confused:

It was not the first thing I was worried about. I was merely asking if anyone with a little more experience with paypal/ebay could help me, before I shelled out another £300.
Oh, and thank you for your compassion. I hope one day I can be as heartless as you when someone close to you dies.

wow man. That seems extreme to post.
You have no idea what hes feeling or doing at the minute. Just because he is dealing with his pre orders doesn't mean he isn't doing other things.
I am on this forum every day and I know Morbo is on nearly every day too so he has probably simply realised early on. The problem still has to be taken care of so if hes realised now why not try and get it sorted out.

Its for none of us to judge what he does now and we definitely have no right to question.

Glad to hear that abc express have phoned you up Morbo , they get things later than some hong kong sellers but so far they have always been great with my orders.

thank you Tay.
you are quite right, I was doing other things yesterday as well, but as it was a Sunday we couldn't talk to the funeral home.

Plus it is obvious Morbo is not looking for symapthy, he just got down to the point. My condolences too Morbo.

I completely agree.
Thats too bad about your grandfather, I hope it was painless. My condolences as well.

thank you for your kind words., I appreciate it.

Oh, and Abc have cancelled my orders and refunded the money back into my paypal account.

Mods please feel free to lock this thread, as the matter has been resolved.

Back