Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all!

I was a little apprehensive getting into it. Scared mostly that I would accidentially break off one of her fingers or snap one of the plants on the base. Took it slow and easy with the dremmel to melt and remove the glue that secured the post in place. As for the joint, all it took was a little alcohol to prep the surface and then dabbed a quick spot of solder. Filled the hole back up with some hot glue and reattached the laminated edition plate. So glad to have it functional and sitting back up on the shelf. :yess:

This one is for the serious fans and not all those jumping on the sw t&a statues

For sure. I love the movies but I have read almost all the novels. I will one day start on the comics as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is a statue for the hardcore sw fans. Im not even a huge sw fan, I never read a comic, novel on this character. But I still love this character. I did skim through a few novels at barnes and noble and she looks like she can fight! A must own for me! :hi5:

Thanks all!

I was a little apprehensive getting into it. Scared mostly that I would accidentially break off one of her fingers or snap one of the plants on the base. Took it slow and easy with the dremmel to melt and remove the glue that secured the post in place. As for the joint, all it took was a little alcohol to prep the surface and then dabbed a quick spot of solder. Filled the hole back up with some hot glue and reattached the laminated edition plate. So glad to have it functional and sitting back up on the shelf. :yess:

Nice write up but how did you get the laminated edition plate off without damaging it?

I wasn't impressed at first, but once I got it in hand, I love it! Looks good with Talon, can't wait for Shaak Ti now!

020iz.jpg

018ig.jpg

Nice write up but how did you get the laminated edition plate off without damaging it?

I was fortunate that it wasn't affixed very well on one side. I inserted a small awl under the loose side and slowly started rotating the awl which caused the laminate to separate from the adhesive. I did this while keeping a constant pull on the laminate. Eventually, I was able to get it entirely free without any cracks or bends. Patience was key.

I believe somethings wrong with the power plug because it conked out on me :( thankfully, using batteries works fine. However, i now am having probs getting the saber to light up even with the batteries. i have to wiggle the leg into the base to get it to work properly, which i refuse to continue doing for fear of breakage.

Sigh. Although the statue itself is still amazing to me, the extra light up feature just floored me.

Anyone heard anything about the replacements on this? A couple months ago they said the replacements would be shipped in April. Been patiently waiting to display since Dec :slap

I'm sure SS will get them. I think I might call just to be sure I'm on the WL for the new part. The wait I don't mind, as long as it comes sooner or later.

I'm sure SS will get them. I think I might call just to be sure I'm on the WL for the new part. The wait I don't mind, as long as it comes sooner or later.

Waiting is a skill that we collectors really learn to develop. :)

Knowing that you are actually getting something in the end is kind of a deal breaker, so you should definitely contact SSC.

Waiting is a skill that we collectors really learn to develop. :)

Knowing that you are actually getting something in the end is kind of a deal breaker, so you should definitely contact SSC.

It's easy when you don't care and really hard when you do :lecture

Waitlist? What?!?

I contacted SS about a possible replacement arm and was told that there are no replacements available and that I should try eBay. No-one mentioned a waitlist to me.

(although maybe thats because I bought it through an online retail shop rather than direct though SS. :slap ).

Live and learn folks, live and learn.

Back