Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devil's response, on the other hand, borders on a personal attack. Let's all feel free to share our differing opinions without judging or condemning each other.

Bull.

Again, I'm straight as an arrow here, but I don't want a shelf full of chicks who I don't respect, because they dress like hookers. I mean, $300 eye-candy? You have the internet for that... and it's cheaper.

Comments like that are 100% disparaging or those who appreciate these statues for something other than their perceived sluttiness. Covering their ass with caveats such as, "That's just my opinion," is weak.

If someone came up to you and said, "Your mom's a whore," and then went on to say, "But that's just my opinion. You can like her if you want," would you suddenly opt to not knock his teeth out? Or would you smile and commend him for being comfortable with airing his opinion without fear of recourse?

If someone came up to you and said, "Your mom's a whore," and then went on to say, "But that's just my opinion. You can like her if you want," would you suddenly opt to not knock his teeth out? Or would you smile and commend him for being comfortable with airing his opinion without fear of recourse?

I know your question wasn't directed at me, if someone said that my mother was a whore, I'd laugh at him. I'd laugh at him so hard. He obviously doesn't know my mother, and is telling me he is an idiot, because he is speaking when he has no idea what he is talking about. I know my mother's character extremely well, and I am 100% confident that she is not a whore, nor has she EVER done anything whore like. Therefore, I have nothing to be feel defensive about whatsoever. I have no doubts about my mother's character. If I had a doubt, THEN I might feel threatened by insults towards my mother, because then her character would be called into question, at least in my mind. As it is, my mother's character is beyond question, so I know he is an idiot for insulting her. I might ask him if he is brain damaged, and maybe tell him that he is a moron. :) I'd laugh and laugh and laugh. I might even say, you're a funny guy, after I laughed, if I was in a non confrontational mood. If not, and after finish I laughing at him, at that point, if he decides to attack me, then I'll destroy him. :)

Last edited:
Comments like that are 100% disparaging or those who appreciate these statues for something other than their perceived sluttiness. Covering their ass with caveats such as, "That's just my opinion," is weak.

That depends on whether or not my mother is Aayla Secura. He was talking about the piece, not making personal comments.

If he doesn't like a piece and says why, that has zero connection to me or my mother.

You are the one that took it to a personal level by calling him pompous and self righteous. He said how he felt without telling anyone else to share his feelings, you judged him for it. If you want to counter what he said, then keep the focus on the piece and explain why you feel that the piece is appropriate and belongs in your collection. It's totally fine for us all to have and share differing views. Don't attack him because you don't share his opinion or the reasons behind it.

I know your question wasn't directed at me, if someone said that my mother was a whore, I'd laugh at him. I'd laugh at him so hard. He obviously doesn't know my mother, and is telling me he is an idiot, because he is speaking when he has no idea what he is talking about. I know my mother's character extremely well, and I am 100% confident that she is not a whore, nor has she EVER done anything whore like. Therefore, I have nothing to be feel defensive about whatsoever. I have no doubts about my mother's character. If I had a doubt, THEN I might feel threatened by insults towards my mother, because then her character would be called into question, at least in my mind. As it is, my mother's character is beyond question, so I know he is an idiot for insulting her.

But if your mother was a whore, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you wanted to defend her character.

Don't attack him because you don't share his opinion or the reasons behind it.

And I would have had it not been for a completely unsolicited insult I fielded from him in another thread. I read into the post in this thread the exact same crap that was explicitly evident in the other thread, and I called it as I saw it. He was being a ____, so no, I wasn't attcking him for his 'opinion'.

My apologies for being angry. I'll shut up now.

And I would have had it not been for a completely unsolicited insult I fielded from him in another thread. I read into the post in this thread the exact same crap that was explicitly evident in the other thread, and I called it as I saw it.

My apologies for being angry. I'll shut up now.

Well, I myself am sorry that I missed that other thread, as that probably would have given me some context. I don't want to be taking sides, just trying to get everybody focused on the products and not each other. I hope things will go smoothly from here on out.

I know that I'm not going to pick up this piece, but I hope that those who do will really enjoy it--I'm sure that it will be really well done. I appreciate the fact that Sideshow has grown the Star Wars license in so many ways and they are working to give a little something to all kinds of fans and collectors. If I pass on one thing, there will be several others around the corner for me to pick up instead.

But if your mother was a whore, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you wanted to defend her character.

That's true. I would say: "And?..." If she is, well then she is. I mean, then, if I say she's not, then I would be a liar. That's pretty much it. Reacting to insults that other people throw at you is stupid. They speak when they know nothing about what they speak of = their brain damaged, and so hitting them won't make their brains work any better or fix them, so there is no point. Take pity on their dumb asses instead. On the other hand, if the thing they say is true, it really isn't offensive, is it, because if the person who has the poor character that is being called out didn't like to be branded as such, then they shouldn't have done it in the first place. What people who react with violence at insults arereally saying is " Don't make me doubt myself or person X by saying what you are saying, my confidence in myself or them can't handle it, and my psyche is weak. Don't bring up the fact that I secretly doubt myself or person X deep down, and I don't want anyone else to know." After all, if they didn't ALREADY have doubt within themselves about the worth of themselves or of person X, then wouldn't feel upset, because none of their own doubt would be brought up to the surface of their consciousness in the first place.

Last edited:
With all the focus on sexy characters I wonder why SSC isn't making an arena Padme. Isn't she the PT's slave Leia?

It is interesting to note that other than a dio and a sixth-scale version based on a cartoon, Padme is absent from Sideshow offerings...why?

After the reception the snow bunny received, I bet they had zero intention of offering that character again on a Buck. Or with that factory paint.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Padme was the climax of the hot ass Star Wars PF trend. They're practicing.

Last edited:
I can live with these sexed up prequel jedi, as they are not must haves in my collection. But I will be frustrated if Luke & Leia's mother gets the same treatment, as she is a must have for me.

I don't think she looks too sexed up, I will pre-order this when it is available and hopefully I can get a Talon at some point as well.

Last edited:
I can live with these sexed up prequel jedi, as they are not must haves in my collection. But I will be frustrated if Luke & Leia's mother gets the same treatment, as she is a must have for me.

Thought Hasbro handled "sexing" up Padme before with no real problems.

1366534_664a9e36d7.jpg
1290628828_128425409_1-Pictures-of--Star-Wars-Unleashed-Padme-Amidala-Figure-Statue-Perky-2002-AOTC-WOTC-TCG-Promo-Card-1290628828.jpg

:dunno

Any idea when this would go up for preview? Been a while since this thread has been dormant.

Soon I would wager, it was shown in the same preview videos as things already shown.

Back