A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a 30% price increase in 2 years time. :google

Kind like gas prices, it's the oil guys...

higher oil price means higer prices for raw plastice for figures and plastic trays in the packaging, not to mention the cost of fuel added to shipping costs for import from overseas factories.

Don't get me wrong I ain't happy about it either, but it is what it is.

higher oil price means higer prices for raw plastice for figures and plastic trays in the packaging, not to mention the cost of fuel added to shipping costs for import from overseas factories.

You are probably 100% correct and it is what it is... sadly what it is is too expensive for me.

I have a few figures I've spent $200+ on... its a crazy hobby. Best just to kiss your retirement money away now :lol

Is it wrong of me to say that I was kind of hoping to get the un-exclusive Han? I think the nerd-tastic cantina gun is a crummy exclusive. I wanna Stormtrooper belt.

Is it wrong of me to say that I was kind of hoping to get the un-exclusive Han? I think the nerd-tastic cantina gun is a crummy exclusive. I wanna Stormtrooper belt.

That's good. You'll be able to save some cash by buying a non EX from Fireside the. Free shipping too.

EXACTLY, it's a messed up economic state the U.S. is in, it hits everything, look at prices for Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, at Wal-Mart they're damn near $7 regular price, for a little action figure, they use to be like $4.50, it's all insane. I've just come to terms with how it is and just adjust with the economy as it is. Realistically, it's a sad state of affairs but we've reached a point where $20 is almost nothing to have, there's less and less things you can get for that or less.

EXACTLY, it's a messed up economic state the U.S. is in, it hits everything, look at prices for Hasbro 3 3/4" figures, at Wal-Mart they're damn near $7 regular price, for a little action figure, they use to be like $4.50, it's all insane. I've just come to terms with how it is and just adjust with the economy as it is. Realistically, it's a sad state of affairs but we've reached a point where $20 is almost nothing to have, there's less and less things you can get for that or less.

Very sad sate. Honestly, $10 now seems to be worth more like what $5 used to be, and be prepared. Even if they managed to correct the economy at this very moment and more away from inflation we still wouldn't see any positive side effects for probably close to 2 years. Things aren't going to be getting any better for the near future. So if these prices rise, I'll still get the figures. Why? Because I like them. These are the figures I wish Hasbro made back in the 90's. These are more expensive but I can save the cash for six months then pay for them. I get what I like and likes what I get.

Actually, the price of the Star Wars figures doesn't have anything to do with the price of oil. They have been at that price point for a couple of years now. The price came when Hasbro and Lucasfilm renegotiated their contract. We saw a one or two dollar increase in the price of the figures due to licensing costs. That is why the more complicated G.I. Joe figures are still about 5 dollars and the price of Transformers is still relatively the same.

Brad

low_07.jpg

Back