A GREAT Interpretation of Snake Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: This IS the Definitive Snake Eyes

Is that for real? :lol

There were plans for a mail away figure and his bio was included in the Gi Joe: Order of Battle comic series. He was supposed to be a trainer like Slaughter.

They should've made Mr. T into a Joe instead. He was on the A-Team after all.

d716_1.JPG

Mr. C doesn't count.

Personally, my vote's for '87 as the year GI Joe got really cheesy :) That's when they started coming out with characters like Raptor (?), Crystal Ball, Croc Master, etc...

From what I remember (and I stopped collecting both comic and figures before the Ninja Force garbage), he was just a dude trained in the art. I have a buddy who's a blackbelt in ninjitsu. Suffice to say, he ain't a ninja. :lol I look at it as a skill set added to an already complex repertoire vs. him running around roof tops in black pajamas and throwing smoke bombs.

there are plenty of images of snake eyes running around in ninja pajamas in issues 26 and 27 of the original marvel run and it's explicitly stated that he joined the ninja clan. the tattoo on his wrist signifies his full acceptance as a ninja in the arashikage clan... this is all very explicitly stated in the comic...

this is the same training that is mentioned as early as issue 10...

sorry dude but as far as the official canon goes.. snake eyes has officially been a ninja since the first year the character came out...

Um, no it didn't happen. Hasbro produced the prototype but the contract between Stallone and Coleco prevented them from using his likeness.

https://www.yojoe.com/archive/unproduced/rockybalboa.shtml

It has been a while, I am probably wrong. Was there another figure with boxing gloves? I know there was a cobra one. I could have sworn there was a Rocky one. Oh well, it was probably someone else.

For me doesn't matter what you call Snake-Eyes commando or ninja it's still the same job just different names for it. Ninja is just a name for a warrior who practices a specific set of arts such as sabotage, espionage, scouting and assassination to undermine and destabilize an enemy force. In modern terms it's the same job we send special forces teams in to do today thus a modern day ninja would be a commando. Sadly people have gotten to set with certain images in there head of a ninja being a guy in pajamas running on a rooftop and not the image of someone like Hattori Hanzo who was called a ninja because of his more unconventional and guerilla tactics. So again for me Snake-Eyes is what he is no matter what name you put to it.

I think it would be kinda cool if Hasbro released Rocky with original card art as part of the RAH series if they can renegotiate a deal with Sly.

The original costume they had for Rocky was kinda cool looking. I have the issue of Order of Battle somewhere and then in the next issue they retracted it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good excuse for an old pic:

Teamshot1-1.jpg

Thanks Blu Falcon for posting my work here, much appreciated :duff

Hey guys, I'm the creator of this custom and wanted to thank you all very much for your kind words. :D I have an account here, but I have only posted a few times in the past. I just found this thread was over here and wanted to post my most recent update to this figure and thank you all.

I appreciate the critiques as well, I was an avid small Joe and comic collector when I was a kid in the 80s. I hear you guys about Snake Eyes having too much gear to represent the old Commando version. I thought about doing the classic 1982 version exactly, for example omitting the sword, but decided it was a little too plain for my tastes. My version certainly has its roots in the 1982 version, but this is a modern version Snake Eyes as a commando. He definitely has a little Rainbow Six and Metal Gear Solid in him, so a Y-Harness, dynamite, and a Fairbairn-Sykes won't cut it for his missions. This guy uses modern weapons and gear.

More new pics here, https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92450&page=2

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

My Inspiration
DSC00227.jpg

Back