300 DVD Best Buy Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one offered at the Con was different than the Best Buy version...it has an Immortal mask instead of the helmet.

I picked one up :D

I have no use for the DVD though so I'm going to ebay the DVD. I'm going to pick up the HD DVD ver.

3001mk5.jpg

More pics here: https://charles-song.com/phpBB2/alb...rt_method=p.pic_title&sort_order=ASC&start=37

I'll be at bestbuy for this Tuesday, was thinking about getting the blu-ray version only $24.00 @ amazon, but the blu ray movies I have I wasn't blown away by, so most likely get the exclusive version.

I was able to pick this one up at SDCC, I'll be picking up the Best Buy store version also on tomorrow. I actually find it funny that Best Buy is doing an exclusive comic con item, their marketing director must browse ebay. By the way, the box is actually numbered, felt like I was getting a Gentle Giant item or something.

Does the SDCC version have art cards too? I bought one at the show, but it's so nice that I don't want to open it. :lol I think I may have to get the other version just to complete the set.

BTW -- those 300 shields came in handy at the show for parting the masses on the exhibit floor. I miss my shield, but there was no way I could have gotten it back to Ohio. :monkey2

Any one have an idea on what scale this helmet is? I'm sure I haven't lived a virtuous enough life for it to be 1:6....

The Immortal Mask is roughly 1/3 in my estimation... so I'm hoping the Spartan helm is the same, for obvious reasons.

I really want to get the exclusive helm, and don't really care about Hi def so I hope to pick this up. Just as long as it's got widescreen and all the special features, I'm good.

Count me in as one of the ones that is hoping to get the Exclusive. Im pretty much on the other side of the fence on this one save one leg, which Im sure will move once I see it in person.

I just hope there some left by the time I get there.

A bud of mine picked up the Best Buy exclusive this morning and he said he was not impressed with the helmet. It looked plastic and fairly cheap, compared to the helms in the SS/Weta LOTR line. His remark was, "...if only it were made of metal."

I picked up my copy on HD. I looked at the exclusive helmet and had one in my hands for a while. It has some weight to it, but it still did not look right. I guess it is because it is actually part of the base. The paint did not impress as well, lots of bronze paint on the black plume of the helmet.

I picked it up today, here's some pics:
300dvd1.jpg

300dvd2.jpg

300dvd3.jpg

300dvd4.jpg

300dvd5.jpg

300dvd6.jpg

300dvd7.jpg

300dvd8.jpg

300dvd9.jpg

The helmet is not like your usual "mini helmet replicas" ala sideshows LOTR stuff, its more a mini bust paperweight type thing. Its solid and heavy and doesnt feel cheap, but its obviously just a solid resin type sculpt and painted up. It is a bit eh that its kind of stuck tot eh base the way it is but its not terrible. I think its a neat little piece, as you can see from the pic above its made by neca. I dont collect mini helmets so its no drawback to me that its not like them, i see it as its own little unique piece, and it was worth the extra 10 bucks or so for it. The art cards are ok but nothing to rave about.

I got to my local Best Buy at 10:08 this morning and they had already sold out. I was thinking about getting it just for the helmet but they were long gone eight minutes after the doors opened.

I sent my girlfriend to get me one this morning. She said there was people waiting outside when she got there and once the doors opened they all rushed to get this set. She said they only had a handfull available.

Yeah their limited to like 12 or 15 per store, mine had them in the big 300 display deal right up front, and then one or two over on the new release shelf. But it was only me and one other guy going in at 10 after they opened so it was no mad rush and i was able to look at a couple and pick one with the best paint.

A shame its not removable, still its a pretty decent sized replica.

Placed a store pick up order for mine, just waiting to hear back from them to go get it.

Back