3/9 podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True or False:

If Sideshow never got the 1/6 Star Wars license, we would have seen more Star Wars PF's by now.

Probably but who knows what they might have come out with in that time. They have Marvel, LOTR, Angel, Buffy, etc. you gonna blame all them too?:rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
Probably but who knows what they might have come out with in that time. They have Marvel, LOTR, Angel, Buffy, etc. you gonna blame all them too?:rolleyes:

Of course not. It's simply an observation and nothing more.

I'm as happy as a little lamb grazing and hopping through green fields. Every 12" figure is like a little PF to me. With better articulation. And more accessories. And less strain on my wallet.

So, tra lala lala. trala.

I don't think the number of 12" has anything to do with the lack of PF announcements. As discussed in another thread, I'm sure we'll start hearing about more PFs pretty soon.

Since I get both I'd like to hear about both, but I don't think the 12" are any easier to develop than the PFs. The only extra step for the PF really is deciding the pose and creating the body. Sure it's a big step, but the same attention to detail and care go into the development of each 12" as well.

I just decided to get on board with the 12" as well, and haven't looked back. That way I am able to be excited about both types of announcements--although I do prefer the 1/4 scale. I'm not sure that if they hadn't started the 12" line that we would have had that many more 1/4 scales. True, we have only had one in the last nine months, but at this point we have had six in less than two years, which still keeps them on track for 3/4 a year. I would like to see the PF line get some balance--4 out of 6 months in the first half of 2006 include a PF purchase, with a bit of a dry spell ahead. I', sure that things will be spread out more evenly as time goes on. I for one hope this line goes on for a while...

Customikey said:
I'm as happy as a little lamb grazing and hopping through green fields. Every 12" figure is like a little PF to me. With better articulation. And more accessories. And less strain on my wallet.

So, tra lala lala. trala.
I'm on board with your sentiment, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the mental picture your metaphor brings up...

Wasn't there supposed to be a "special" Star Wars announcement in the newsletter? What was it? Not Qui-Gon, as everyone knew the announcement of the next 12" was coming from last week's newsletter. There was some talk on these boards last week about the possible announcement of the SITH line, but there was no mention of that. Not even a banner, even though we all know its supposed to be next. So what the heck was so special about yesterday's podcast?

We thought maybe it would be the sith line announced or it might have been an individual figure using some of the example in the newsletter.

I for one am enjoying the little break on the SW PF line for now. Less hurt on the CC for now.Maybe SS has a game plan as to how they want to handle it. They've seen all the stuff shipping lately and maybe don't want to overwelm everyone with more new stuff right away. Maybe at SDCC they will release
2-3 SW PF to please all who have been :monkey5 for some new stuff. Guess well wait and see.

Hey SKARY -- ever notice your Burger King avatar looks a lot like the 'V for Vendetta' guy?

Do you think they'll "face off" on TV when they start doing tie-ins?

The thing I have noticed with Star Wars fans is they want it all, and can't discern that there are two lines, one is 1/6 and the other is 1/4. Each line depends on it's own volition to expand.

Naturally the 1/6 figs sell more items, as 1/4 figs take more time to develop. Even though 1/6 sells more, Sideshow can't produce them fast enough to satisfy the hordes. It is your own faults, you want more PF's, don't buy them as fast. :monkey5

Did you hear Bum singing in the voice mail on podcast?

Congrats to the winners!!

I saw a pic of B's cat named chicky and I was mentioned in the podcast about writing on your forehead. :)

does anyone know the contest code for the Dark Side contest?

Back