$20 R2D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobraka22

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whatup guys, just wanted to share something.

I just started my collection of Star Wars 1/6 stuff for my son and I to share an interest with toys. Im more into comics etc, but he is Star Wars crazy right now and he always loved my other 1/6 figures so I thought this would be a good way to get us both excited about the same thing.

I wanna pickup most of the must haves but as we all know this hobby can be expensive so exceptions must be made in my case.

while in the comic store today (looking for the han in carbonite bank to go with some of our stuff) I came across this R2D2 bank:

DCSTAR68lg.jpg

*there were 2 versions one was around 1/6 and one around 1/4. It seems to be pretty close to scale after unboxing.

It was $20 so why not right? I brought it home and broke the paints out and tried to weather it to my liking. Final outcome:

Im happy and so is my kid haha, I think for the time being it has filled its spot until maybe a later time im able to pickup the real deal.

I think these are great for 1/6. Good find. I have many myself. No need for the expensive stuff right now. In the end this fits just fine. Have fun with your kid.

Looks like the way R2 looked after being spit out by the submerged creature on Dagoba after Luke crashed landed his X-wing fighter in the swamp. Looks great all muddy like that very well done!!!..... congrats.... Harold

Sorry for the crappy pic, only pic I have right now at work.

He's right at waist level, the pic makes him look a little smaller than it looks in person.

I've the alarm clock which appears to be made from the same molds and it's excellent . And I picked it up ( brand new in box) from a car-boot sale for £1 !) :yess:

Back