15" Besta for 1/6 scale figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aumakua

Super Freak
Reaction score
spent a couple hours searching online and through these threads and couldn't find anything on this. If it has already been discussed can someone please point me in the right direction.

I am looking at building a massive Besta display using either the Vassbo or Glassvik doors (black-brown shelves). Most of my collection is 1/6 scale but I do have a limited number of 1/4 scale. I noticed they have 15" Besta cabinets and doors, has anyone used these for 1/6 scale, do they look okay? I realize with the vassbo doors this could be an issue since they have 3" borders, but it would depend at what level the shelves are located (higher up it isn't a problem, lower and maybe even eye level it could be). I did see the Glassvik doors at ikea and even though they have 2 inch borders, a lot of that is covering shelf base anyway and really only about an inch is covering the front display area, but they are $30 more (each) than the vassbo (and I could be buying 20 of them), plus this display is going in my study and the vassbo will look more bookshelf like where the glassvik are more media center/room looking (a future project for me).

You lose at least 2-3" (height-wise) if you use a shelf in a Besta. You can get away without using a shelf. I have what I believe to be 1/6th RE stautes from Gaya in one of my set-ups, although I'm using the 23" height or something like that.

I think you can get away with it as long as your 1/6th isn't taller than what, 13-14"?

Took some measurements at ikea. Besta 15" tall shelves only have 12.75" of height inside since frame is so thick.

This doesn't leave enough room with any glass door for a 1/6 scale figure.

Maybe you could look into Billy cabinets instead? Cheaper (also in looks), but they have those nice long doors.

6 of my 1/6 figures in a BESTA w/ $5 half glass shelf. I don't like the doors w/ borders as it impedes the view partially from certain angles, I was lucky that my IKEA had tons of TOMBO doors available for $10 so I bought a bunch. These are the 25" height BESTA units though, I bought the 3x1.

DSC02365.jpg

Back