• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man Mark VII - Modded Eye + Mouth Faceplate! Batch 4 Open for Reservation

wow man. thats very good work. you are clearly a major asset to this community, i dont care what those other people are saying about you, youre work is top notch!!

Yeah. We don't take any notice of what people say about you either.

Re: Iron Man Mark VII - Modded Eye + Mouth Faceplate! Batch 4 Open for Reservation

Batch 1: #1-8

Your faceplates will be shipping out roughly by the end of this week if all goes well.

Hoping to have 3 completed faceplates this Weds and then the rest by Friday or Sat if everything goes smoothly as planned. Pictures and an update will be up as well when possible. Will ship them out together Sat or early next week. Will PM you guys for your address when I'm ready to get them out.

Magnet Upgrade:

If you would like a magnet upgrade, it is $1 per faceplate. This is an optional upgrade and I will be sending a PM to Batch 2-3 later tonight with further information regarding this. Long day at work so PMs will be going out in about 2 hours.

This week? Awesome. Can't wait to finally have the perfect Iron Man!

is there any update for midas faceplate?

Sunday Update

Doing a bit of painting today. Wet sanding these tomorrow and then applying the Red on top as well. Clear coat and polish by Weds/Thursday.

10003511516_e2637a42d4_z.jpg

Last edited:

Here's a comparison picture to those curious.

10003724213_caf766250b_z.jpg
10003660556_06bf5233dd_z.jpg

Quit stalling!
I need mine for my MKIV, MKVI and MKVII!!!!
They are not complete till i get those faceplates!
:rotfl

Seriously though, that's a great pic.

Quit stalling!
I need mine for my MKIV, MKVI and MKVII!!!!
They are not complete till i get those faceplates!
:rotfl

Seriously though, that's a great pic.
Quality takes time my friend. :lol

I wish I can pump these out daily but there's only so much a man can paint with two hands and 100 faceplates.

Quality takes time my friend. :lol

I wish I can pump these out daily but there's only so much a man can paint with two hands and 100 faceplates.

I would rather wait a couple weeks for a quality product rather than a rushed one. Pictures looking great Holo!!!

Do you think you could post a picture of your custom faceplate with the eye lights on? I wanna see what it looks like with the evenly distributed light

I'll post a picture of it lighted up tomorrow. I need to leave them to dry overnight.

Done for today. Messed up on 2 of them so I'm going to have to strip the paint off and start over on those but these 7 came out nicely. Might actually be able to have 12 faceplates completed this week.

10007438795_2c8dd86a4e_z.jpg

Minor update.

Did some testing with flat black paint for the eyes and the middle slit that a member wanted so badly. IXI Nick IXI :wink1:

I won't be spray painting the area as originally planned. Proved to be too troublesome and with 100+ faceplates I don't have the patience to do that.

I ended up picking up a super thin brush and manually applying the paint. Not perfect but with some practice it'll be a lot neater.

Here's a picture of it on a test faceplate. Might not be able to see much of a difference but in person it creates a bit of depth in the eye sockets.

Also I know I haven't updated the list yet or sent PM's to the other batches for a magnet upgrade but I will get around to doing it. My priority and focus is on painting these faceplates to the best of my ability.

9944854385_1d44b7899d_b.jpg

Is the black area you are painting essentially a panel line that is molded in?

Perhaps something like a black micron pen in the "005" size at 0.2mm in diameter would do the trick. The ink would hold once the item is sealed with the clear coat.

Anywho, thanks again for this project and making all of our mk 7's masterpieces :)

Ha! Zing! Good one, although, you may wanna pay attention to some of it. :)

Yeah. We heard all about it on the news.
But we don't judge here. You only spent one night in county for it. I guess you had a good lawyer. Better call Saul!

Done for today. Messed up on 2 of them so I'm going to have to strip the paint off and start over on those but these 7 came out nicely. Might actually be able to have 12 faceplates completed this week.

10007438795_2c8dd86a4e_z.jpg

Looking good! Is the gold match good inhand? Just curious.

Too lazy to get my own magnet so i'll send the money for one later today, i'm 3rd on the list so hope i havent left it too late to add it

Back