12" 'Welcome Faith' Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I've finished University now so I had some time to work on something a little different for a change.

I decided to make a 12" statue of Faith, using the less than impressive Sideshow head sculpt.

I added the "Welcome Faith" Banner as a seperate piece that can be tacked to the wall behind the statue.

Here are some photos, a video will follow later.
Id love to know what you all think

Thanks
Wayne

EDIT: She is now on eBay https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250843367995#ht_3431wt_1270

faith6.jpg

faith5.jpg

faith4.jpg

faith2-1.jpg

faith1.jpg

faith7.jpg

Video showing Faith in more detail
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ax1AQZ3SVU"]YouTube - ‪Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Custom Faith Statue (Salvage)‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
OMG thats excellent! :D I think you've managed to work wonders with the original head. What areas did you reshape?

Amazing. And of course It helps that she's dressed like Faith rather then the over sexualized Sideshow statue tarty version.

Thanks Sue!
The head isnt resculpted at all, just repainted. I sculpted the hair to be bigger and have more on top. i think that was the main problem with the original. That and the awful paint job

Wayne

Thanks Sue!
The head isnt resculpted at all, just repainted. I sculpted the hair to be bigger and have more on top. i think that was the main problem with the original. That and the awful paint job

Wayne

Blimey, really? Just goes to show what a good paint job can do to a dodgy sculpt then. :D

I have seen some of your work before on BtVS Figure forum. I only used to look I never was a member.
"Welcome Faith' I loved that moment in Angel episode 4:13 Salvage.
Great work, it's a fantastic piece of work. The whole paint job really brings the statue to life. What kind of paints did you use?
As sueworld stated the figure is now dressed like Faith, which is a great improvement on the old figure.

By the way I took the liberty of pimping this thread on Whedonesque, :)

your statue looks great, very nicely done! much better than the cruddy 12" sideshow gave us. Nice choice for her outfit.

Haven't posted on this site for awhile but saw this over on the Whedonesque board (thanks Sue!). All I can say is Wow!!! I cannot believe that is the same head sculpt and that you didn't touch it up but only repainted it and fixed the hair because the difference is amazing!!

Have my figures packed away right now but I went and looked up some pictures of the Faith figure and I can now see that the hair really does make a huge difference. Still can notice the horrible paint job but with your fixes I can now see the the good sculpt under that horrible paint job and the hair really does make it even worse!

Wish I had your talent because I'd be fixing up Faith if I could do that!

Thanks for the great feedback guys! Seriously, it feels good to get back into customising.

And thanks to Sue for "pimping" this out on Whedonesque!

Thanks FireflyFanatic, its suprising, the likeness IS there, its just buried under awful paint and a vile hairsculpt. Faith has big hair and pretty skin, the figure lacks both unfortunately , well, i managed to fix thats :D

Ive listed her on eBay and updated the first post with the link

Cheers guys
Wayne

I ahve been away from Whedonville for a long ass time, this is one hell of welcoming sight!

Good work!

Welcome back then hon. :D

Oooh, Faith managed to fetch £200! Well done. :D

The repaint on this is really amazing. I've always liked this one, but WW made it that much better. Nice job and thanks for sharing. :rock

Back