1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Amiami has just sent me email confirming the shipping out of my pre-ordered 1/12. Can't wait!

DHL has confirmed both packages were delivered, and 1000Toys just told me there's nothing they can do. I'm going to go back to my package center today, but I'm not hopeful. Chances are I've just thrown away $150, so between this delivery and shady sellers on fan groups, I'll have lost like 450 on this line so far. I think I'm done with synthetic human for the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DHL has confirmed both packages were delivered, and 1000Toys just told me there's nothing they can do. I'm going to go back to my package center today, but I'm not hopeful. Chances are I've just thrown away $150, so between this delivery and shady sellers on fan groups, I'll have lost like 450 on this line so far. I think I'm done with synthetic human for the moment.

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope they find your package

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What happen with the fan groups?

What happen with the fan groups?
This was like a year ago on the Unofficial ThreeA Legion BST, but this one guy offered to trade me his SDCC test body for one of the new Bertie figures that were coming out. Obviously I'd be gaining in that deal, but I know there are good collectors out there so I went for it.

I bought the figure from a reseller and shipped it to the UK where the other guy was based; all in all it cost about $350. He didn't ship out his end of the deal, saying he would once the Bertie arrived. That should've been a red flag. Anyway, tracking said it was delivered to his work but he said it never came; I opened a case with ParcelForce in the UK, waited for weeks, and so on. It never turned up and I paid $350 for nothing. The guy disappeared from the BST a few months later.

Here's the thing: I don't care whether or not the postal service actually lost it. At the end of the day he was the one who asked me to mark down the value of the package so I couldn't even try an insurance claim afterwards, and he was the one who agreed to a trade and then didn't ship his end out. What I mean is, the worst case is he effectively committed fraud, and the best case is he's very dishonorable.

Anyway, his name is Peter Strafford and I ask that, if he contacts you and offers to do any deal, even if it's cash and in person, you refuse because he's an awful guy.

Update: a friend just offered my his first-generation Synthetic Human for a decent price and I decided to jump on it. The line is costing me too much, but at least I'm a happy camper.

Has anyone gotten an official ship notice with tracking from 1000toys for the 1/12 Synthetic Human? They said tracking would be sent by 2/4. Not sure if that's JST, but it's a Saturday in Japan now and no notice.

Also, Kaigen was supposed to deliver tentatively last month, but they decided to push out 1/12 Synth on time instead. No info from them there either. Gotta say I thought they were better communicators as a company than this. *sigh* Trying to stay patient. Tough when many already have their 1/12 Synths in hand.

I haven't gotten anything regarding the 1\12 yet.

Trying to stay patient. Tough when many already have their 1/12 Synths in hand.

Really? Who has it already? Or are you just talking about collectors in Japan?

on 1/27 they sent out notice for the customers who ordered it from their web store.

'Dear customers,
This is 1000toys customer support.

The 1/12 TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human is currently being ready for delivery,
and will be shipped out sequentially between January 30th and February 4th'

It's funny it's released already in general market in Japan.

I got 1 order from their web site - no shipping notice yet. Just delay notice above.
I got another ordered from amiami - that's shipped and getting delivered today.

So I guess they put other stores in higher priority for 1/12 scale one...hmmmmm...

And it's here!

DSC07500.JPG
DSC07502.JPG

And it does what it does. - except for the removable mask (but does have tiny rolling eyes)...(it comes with 2 heads instead)

DSC07503.JPG
DSC07504.JPG

If you ask me if this is worth $50-60... I would say - maybe - for the sheer coolness of articulation.
If you ask me if this is worth more than $50, I would say no.

So it is not as good as the 1\6 figure?

So it is not as good as the 1\6 figure?

That depends on what 'good' means to you.
If you mean 'cool' - yeah it's same cool. just half the size (1/4 volume) and half the price
If you mean 'articulation' - yeah it's same - except for weak toe joints
If you mean 'resale' value - yeah, I guess.. it's sold out and going over twice the original price already
If you mean 'value to me as a part of collection' - yeah. one or two should be OK, but my main interest is 1/6 scale. I don't want this to be a beginning of 1/12 line collection.

@kyekye, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get mine. I have two on order. One from 1000toys direct and one from Ami2. I wish I would've just bought from a regular retailer. I had no idea they were going to show up in the general marketplace.

If anyone has one for sale in the uk, please let me know.

This one is not from 1000 toys, but it was part of Tsutomu Nihei's Biomega manga vol. #4 special edition from way back in 2008.
I found it while unpacking moving boxes.
it was bike only model kit. I did a simple 2 tone painting (matt & Glossy black) + added custom rider
Biomega_001.jpg
Biomega_002.jpg
Biomega_003.jpg

That is awesome! Excellent work. Is that nonscale or 1/12?

IMG_5538.JPG

Got this Synthetic bear for $20.

got my shipping notice, should be here thursday (norcal)

Back