1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

If people can't get originals they will get the bootlegs.
Make originals available.
Simple.

just get the next fig they have for preorder(Indra) it will have same base body(the synthetic) just will have a new faceplate with hair and it will be wearing clothing and come with a weapons. thats what the plan is i think. you can remove all that stuff and still have a figure very close to the bare bones vers out now.

screw the bootlegs. if anyone here is impressed by this company support them directly, they are a breath of fresh air in the world of 1/6. they are working with the amazing Japanese manga artist Tsutomu Nihei and have alot of cooler figs planned/in the works.

Not interested in their next figure, but otherwise I feel you 100%. However, Im not overly concerned with supporting a company that makes you enter a lottery for the chance to buy their product.

If people can't get originals they will get the bootlegs.
Make originals available.
Simple.

This.

just get the next fig they have for preorder(Indra) it will have same base body(the synthetic) just will have a new faceplate with hair and it will be wearing clothing and come with a weapons. thats what the plan is i think. you can remove all that stuff and still have a figure very close to the bare bones vers out now.

screw the bootlegs. if anyone here is impressed by this company support them directly, they are a breath of fresh air in the world of 1/6. they are working with the amazing Japanese manga artist Tsutomu Nihei and have alot of cooler figs planned/in the works.

IF we get our names on the list and IF we get chosen for the lottery?

they have moved on and are workin on the next release. maybe Nihei doesnt want anymore of the bare bones ver released again? maybe they want those that did show up on time and PO via them to have sumthin special, not a figure that has had multiple releases over and over again?

i cant understand the ***** fit pro bootleg being thrown here by those that missed out, this is a small company new to the game. having a limited figure is not sumthin new with a small company. cmon?

IF we get our names on the list and IF we get chosen for the lottery?

ok the lottery, this was not done for the first PO it wasnt, it was a set time and those that were there on time scored.

then after they saw a huge number being sold on tabao a Chinese auction site by one seller. they are in this to make cool toys and get them in the hands that appreciate them so they cancelled that guys huge order and then offered the left overs via a lottery cuz the demand was so high. it wasnt a normal sale situation it was a way to be fair to those that missed and wanted a second chance and to avoid flippers trying again

then the exclusives, alot didnt make it to the shows they were to be sold at(shippin prob) so again to avoid them landing in the hands of flippers they had a lottery.

look this company is small they want the limited runs they do to not go to flippers so they went out of there way to do this lottery thing twice when needed. the next sale will be as first was, we show up at a announced time and buy. if some buy a larger number to flip those orders will be cancelled.

they are going out of there way to stop flippers raping us on after market, they were upset to see there product flipped and they are upset to see bootleg vers. gotta respect that and if you dont then i dont know wht to say, really.

Dont care about the behind the scene stuff.
Its like excusing a bad movie because you know they had trouble to shoot it.
Dont give a **** ill judge on what i see.
People want the figure.
Dont want or cant make them? Dont care.
Getting the next Best thing.

Talking about new figures, they released a teaser.
Same body, new figure or accessories set ?
image.jpg

I think theyre going to be sorry they dont print more of these. Theyre artists, and so obviously they want to branch out and make different stuff. The probelm with that is not many people know about the source material, Biomega. The popularity of the synthetic human figure has nothing to do with the source material. Its only the fact that its really cool, and action figure conisuers know a great figure when they see one. I predict that sales of their upcomming figures will not be as great and they will wish they had printed more of the original synth humans when the market is flooded with bootlegs.

looks like maybe a heavy ver of the synthetic human with gun arm, def seen that style of gun arm in nihes mangas.

https://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017151600/blame/es/images/0/0b/Sanakan_2.PNG

again they are small company they are gonna get alot of use of that base body they created moving forward, will be plenty of opportunities to get one even if it has a minor diff.

Now that they are on the map its gonna be harder to get their figure if they dont produce more.
No way im staying up and refreshing my browser like some do for banbaland or some customizers release.
Ill buy the bootleggs if they dont make the originals available in good numbers.

Now that they are on the map its gonna be harder to get their figure if they dont produce more.
No way im staying up and refreshing my browser like some do for banbaland or some customizers release.
Ill buy the bootleggs if they dont make the originals available in good numbers.

it wont be a f5 mess it will be a set time.

so if cuz people like you support the bootleggers to the point that negatively effects 1000toys your ok with that? you dont think what they have planned will be better than their first release? you love the fig so much you want a bootleg but have no respect or care for the artist/company that originally designed and created it?

so many have waited so long for 1/6 figs based on nihei's art it would be a shame if bitter collectors with no respect for what goes on behind the scenes, no respect for what it takes a small company like this to even get to the point where they can produce a small run ruin it for us all.

it wont be a f5 mess it will be a set time.

so if cuz people like you support the bootleggers to the point that negatively effects 1000toys your ok with that? you dont think what they have planned will be better than their first release? you love the fig so much you want a bootleg but have no respect or care for the artist/company that originally designed and created it?

so many have waited so long for 1/6 figs based on nihei's art it would be a shame if bitter collectors with no respect for what goes on behind the scenes, no respect for what it takes a small company like this to even get to the point where they can produce a small run ruin it for us all.

Que sera sera.
But here us what Will happen because of the bootleg menace that they Will release more not cancel or anything.
Those bootleggs are probably sold to unknowing people for the price of the original.
So hold your mighty horses i doubt we Will buy them.

Btw how could it negatively effects 1000toys since they Will have already sold their stock?
Not like people Will buy the bootleg first.
Its money they would not have made, since they would not produce more.
So the only problem i see is an image one.
Business wise it change nothing for them, they Will sell their figures.

And Yeah i dont give a damn about the guys behind this seriously i dont care. U mad?
I like the product. If they dont make it available, their loss.
I wont cry for Nihei neither i think he s safe and sound with his mangas, Tv shows, etc...
In the end they are probably looking for investors to get bigger and meaner
Its gonna end up like Ashley Wood, big company making a lot if money.
Reading you it geeks like its Gippeto in his tiny workspace building, painting and packing each figure with a personal note to every buyer ^^

Seriously i dont get why we are even talking about this, its simple MEET THE DEMAND.
All this talk about this a small company blah blah blah is **** to my ears we know nothing about their operations.
They managed to do this big runs of figures so not doing more is a choice.
With that choice comes consequences.
That is all. Im not going to fantasize about behind the scenes i know nothing like some.

Now i cant wait to see what they have next, and see how the small and Nice company is going to ask for their new products now that the first was a hit...

Last edited:

they have moved on and are workin on the next release. maybe Nihei doesnt want anymore of the bare bones ver released again? maybe they want those that did show up on time and PO via them to have sumthin special, not a figure that has had multiple releases over and over again?

i cant understand the ***** fit pro bootleg being thrown here by those that missed out, this is a small company new to the game. having a limited figure is not sumthin new with a small company. cmon?

you also forgot to mention most small companies do most of their products with hand, and in house mold & casting, 1000toys seems to be using the "mass production" process by contracting the production out to factory, and since there's 0 tailoring to be done, i don't see them facing the same "manpower" issue over other more complicated full figures where lots of things have to be done by hand, this also explains why 1000toys is the only "small company" suffering from bootleg.

I think theyre going to be sorry they dont print more of these. Theyre artists, and so obviously they want to branch out and make different stuff. The probelm with that is not many people know about the source material, Biomega. The popularity of the synthetic human figure has nothing to do with the source material. Its only the fact that its really cool, and action figure conisuers know a great figure when they see one. I predict that sales of their upcomming figures will not be as great and they will wish they had printed more of the original synth humans when the market is flooded with bootlegs.

isn't it Ironic that the original company "Couldn't" print more of their own products, while China bootleggers has no problem mass producing them. they rather let bootleggers & flippers make more money them themselves.

looks like maybe a heavy ver of the synthetic human with gun arm, def seen that style of gun arm in nihes mangas.

https://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017151600/blame/es/images/0/0b/Sanakan_2.PNG

again they are small company they are gonna get alot of use of that base body they created moving forward, will be plenty of opportunities to get one even if it has a minor diff.

Your argument is not really valid, like you said (and i mentioned many times before), they will keep using the Synthetic bas body on their future release just like HT using their TTs, so isn't it more economical to produce more base body & sell them as base body like TT, this will keep their cost down further and maximise their profit, however refusing to do so, they are just hoping that the hype gets build up so they can sell better on their next figure, in the end it's about profit, why not just print more base body & make the same or even more money than what you can do with the next body? People won't be buying multiple figure of the next release since obviously price will increase with all the accessories etc and the fact it's 1 character, people won't buy 3 of it just for the base body.

Que sera sera.
But here us what Will happen because of the bootleg menace that they Will release more not cancel or anything.
Those bootleggs are probably sold to unknowing people for the price of the original.
So hold your mighty horses i doubt we Will buy them.

Btw how could it negatively effects 1000toys since they Will have already sold their stock?
Not like people Will buy the bootleg first.
Its money they would not have made, since they would not produce more.
So the only problem i see is an image one.
Business wise it change nothing for them, they Will sell their figures.

And Yeah i dont give a damn about the guys behind this seriously i dont care. U mad?
I like the product. If they dont make it available, their loss.
I wont cry for Nihei neither i think he s safe and sound with his mangas, Tv shows, etc...
In the end they are probably looking for investors to get bigger and meaner
Its gonna end up like Ashley Wood, big company making a lot if money.
Reading you it geeks like its Gippeto in his tiny workspace building, painting and packing each figure with a personal note to every buyer ^^

Seriously i dont get why we are even talking about this, its simple MEET THE DEMAND.
All this talk about this a small company blah blah blah is **** to my ears we know nothing about their operations.
They managed to do this big runs of figures so not doing more is a choice.
With that choice comes consequences.
That is all. Im not going to fantasize about behind the scenes i know nothing like some.

Now i cant wait to see what they have next, and see how the small and Nice company is going to ask for their new products now that the first was a hit...

does hurt their reputation when some unfortunate buyers paid full to get a bootleg that is inferior. also, people will start to hold back with future figure since they put some hope in bootleggers. i can say their business strategy backfired and they probably don't have the resource to deal with it, how much they made out of the base body? USD$100k? not much if you split it up among 5 people. if they made more, eveybody would be happy and no need 5 pages to talk about the issue.

You guys have it all figured out. Might as well start your own toy companies. Show these guys how it's done. Easy money .....

You guys have it all figured out. Might as well start your own toy companies. Show these guys how it's done. Easy money .....

sadly many of us don't have the art talents or dedication to do so. these folks have talent & dedication but well just to say not all business model is suited for all companies that produce 1/6. they should have evaluated the nature of their product and decide whether to go limited or mass produce, if their figure contains outfits & weapons, it'd be much more difficult to bootleg, as such going limited quantity would be good, guess that's not the case for them but we probably won't see it until it's too late right? but one thing is for sure, if the demands weren't that high compared to the supply, bootleggers wouldn't even bother to bootleg. it probably cost bootleggers more to copy these synthetics than a HT body.

it also might have something to do with the cancellation of the big taobao order, maybe they weren't happy and decided to commission bootlegs so they can still sell the synthetics, who knows? this kind of personal vendetta happens all the time business or not.

BTW i just realized there's only 6 winners for the online exclusive lottery, if i knew i wouldn't even have bothered to sign up, but really congrats to those who won it, it's like winning a jackpot.

And i read the comments on fb, well pretty much what we have discussed so far.

Back