1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

There could be other reasons for them producing only a certain amount. It might have nothing to do with hype, or purposefully trying to make peeps miss out. Could be financial (not necessarily meaning they don't have the funds to make more, but maybe they've reached the quota they were aiming for, or another money reason), or even time restrictions. Sometimes you simply want to move on to your next creation. They might have already laid out a figure release plan, & are trying to stick with it.

We simply don't know.

There could be other reasons for them producing only a certain amount. It might have nothing to do with hype, or purposefully trying to make peeps miss out. Could be financial (not necessarily meaning they don't have the funds to make more, but maybe they've reached the quota they were aiming for, or another money reason), or even time restrictions. Sometimes you simply want to move on to your next creation. They might have already laid out a figure release plan, & are trying to stick with it.

We simply don't know.

Yeah, but isn't it a shame that so many people would buy multiples of these things for collecting purposes, and they can't get them?
If they did another five runs of the original or test version, they'd all sell out and they'd have more cash to do limited run stuff.
I would love to have a squad of these guys.
It's a shame we all can't get more.

We simply don't know.

face it, it's most likely about hyping it up. that is what new companies do, especially those HK/China companies coming up with fantastic products. you do notice that right?

money a problem? can't think of why as they take full payment for preorders, worst case for not getting enough orders would be a refund?

quota? what kind of company would set a quota on their profits? whether it's 1000toys or the factory. i doubt the factory is fully booked that they can't make new runs. Unless the license holder specifically set a limit on them. But that would be silly.

no time? they need to hire more people.

Their next creation is still based on the Synthetic human base body, meaning they will still produce the same base body, unless they have no time to re-print the Synthetic human boxes & papers, i can understand that. There's reasons why HT is selling TT base bodies, to keep the production volume up so they can lower their cost per unit while using the same body on their full figure releases.

From a financial point of view, i don't see how a company would not produce more of their mass produced product and rather let scalpers/bootleggers profit out of them. We aren't talking about 100% hand made figures where i would understand the makers would want to move on to their next creation.

From marketing point of view, i can fully understand, but it's a huge risk since by producing very limited quantity of their product, they get less exposure to the market, less people know about them, it does help boost their hype but it won't bring them to a HT level where everybody would own at least 1.

But i respect the company's decision, however whatever bootleg issues they are facing, it's somewhat the result of their company strategy, so please don't blame collectors for purchasing bootlegs, blame the bootleggers for trying to profit out of it and blame their marketing strategy. Remember when HT started, there weren't many bootlegs until the supply couldn't match the demands.

However we do appreciate the fact that they actually willing to make a 2nd run.

I wonder how much they actually made out of such few sales on both Synthetics.

in that case people should also stop sculpting their own customs because it's not licensed, if you want to sculpt your own headsculpt based on some licensed character please notify the license holder & offer them a small token of license fee before you proceed, even if it's just for your own purpose.

Exactly.
But hey here they are considered great artists, but when its a chinese dude doing its booooooooooo lol

face it, it's most likely about hyping it up.
It's most likely we don't actually know.
that is what new companies do, especially those HK/China companies coming up with fantastic products. you do notice that right?
I seriously don't know what products you are referring to. Examples?
no time? they need to hire more people.
If they consider what they achieved a success, why would they need to hire more peeps? If they are a small company, then perhaps they need some time to grow, so they can maybe then afford to hire more staff if need be.
money a problem? can't think of why as they take full payment for preorders, worst case for not getting enough orders would be a refund?
I never specifically said money "problem". I said financial, meaning, money related. Not necessarily in a bad way.
quota? what kind of company would set a quota on their profits?
They'd have to pick a number to produce & sell right? If they make 100 & sell out, then they meet their quota. If they make 100 & sell 59, then their quota has not been met.
i doubt the factory is fully booked that they can't make new runs. Unless the license holder specifically set a limit on them. But that would be silly.
Maybe the factory will only agree to make a minimum amount, like 1000 or something. Might be a bit of a risk trying to sell that many this time around. I don't think they want to be stuck with boxes full of synthetic humans that nobody wants at retail price.

Maybe the factory will only agree to make a minimum amount, like 1000 or something. Might be a bit of a risk trying to sell that many this time around. I don't think they want to be stuck with boxes full of synthetic humans that nobody wants at retail price.

They'd sell a thousand very easily.

I just sold my version 1, but no way Im selling Test body ;)

I was picking random numbers to use as examples in my post.

I think there's some figures/statues of more well known characters that might not even sell that much easily.

i don't know why this quota thing keeps getting brought up.

i mean unless the license holder set a quota limit themselves which require additional payment for more quotas, which in this case they could have an agreement to proceed with more runs when they meet certain "preorder quotas", which in this case, both License Holder/1000Toys/Factory would profit out of it.

by saying 1000toys set their target to sell 150/150, and refuse to sell more simply because they met their quota is like saying hey there's another $10k profit there up for grabs but i think i have enough milking this so let's stop here, and proceed to make another 100 units of our next new figure so we can make $10k profit. they have to put in more effort on their next product just while they can easily make even more by just re-releasing the 1st figure. Unless these folks are more of a hobbyist trying to do fans a figure by sacrificing their time & effort so 150 folks like us can own 1 instead of seeing it as a business, i don't see why they want to limit their own profit, resulting Scalpers & bootleggers gaining the profit instead. Now that bootlegs which are 95% similar has surfaced, they will have to fight it off, either by offering a even better price or much more superior product, which would be hard seeing their product is already top class.

regarding the factory quota, maybe you don't know how China factories work, they'd take any orders as long as they have the schedule to & of course that they make money, it's pretty competitive in China, if they can make 2nd run, i don't see why they have problem with 3rd run. and don't forget they will keep producing the same synthetic body for their future figures just like HT TT, so if they really can't sell, all they need is to reuse them on new releases, but like i said, they can choose to only proceed with more runs should they meet minimum "preorder quotas".

also by "product" for those HK/China companies, can't remember the names but 1 sells hunter wearing a deer head, the other maybe God Complex? These 2 companies release very limited number of their products and also offer very limited number of expo exclusives, but their price range is like twice the Synthetic Humans and are more complex than the synthetic human (detailed outfit/complex sculpt/realistic paint/accessories etc).

I wouldn't call Synthetic a full figure set but a Base Body like TT. But a very limited Base Body.

I was picking random numbers to use as examples in my post.

I think there's some figures/statues of more well known characters that might not even sell that much easily.

i think he meant if you say they sell 100, they would have easily sold 1000 if they kept making them. the number is just an example.

I just sold my version 1, but no way Im selling Test body ;)

any plans to get a bootleg ver. 1? i wonder how much they are asking for, so far ebay hasn't shown any.

i don't know why this quota thing keeps getting brought up.
You use the word quota, like it's meant to be a maximum limit that they must avoid going over, ever. I use the word simply as a goal they've set that they would like to achieve. If they meet their initial quota, then they can then choose to proceed as they see fit. Set another sales goal for another batch? Call it a day? Up to them.

Why leave money on the table, by not making another run? I don't know. But I don't think it's because they are allergic to money. Must be a reason. Maybe they want to be a certain type of company?
also by "product" for those HK/China companies, can't remember the names but 1 sells hunter wearing a deer head, the other maybe God Complex? These 2 companies release very limited number of their products and also offer very limited number of expo exclusives, but their price range is like twice the Synthetic Humans and are more complex than the synthetic human (detailed outfit/complex sculpt/realistic paint/accessories etc).
I think I might have an idea about the figures you are talking about (I'm interested in the Hermes figure). I don't really see the connection though.

You are absolutely right. I don't know how those toy factories work. Plus, I don't really want to drag this on :lol

You use the word quota, like it's meant to be a maximum limit that they must avoid going over, ever. I use the word simply as a goal they've set that they would like to achieve. If they meet their initial quota, then they can then choose to proceed as they see fit. Set another sales goal for another batch? Call it a day? Up to them.

Why leave money on the table, by not making another run? I don't know. But I don't think it's because they are allergic to money. Must be a reason. Maybe they want to be a certain type of company?

Certain type of company they are. Just their 1st release and they have to fight bootlegs, i wonder if they've made enough money to hire a lawyer to solve these issues.

Certain type of company they are. Just their 1st release and they have to fight bootlegs, i wonder if they've made enough money to hire a lawyer to solve these issues.

they might need a 2nd run of these figures to cover the costs ;)

I dont like KOs at all but the price on this figure has doubled, and will probably eventually triple. and for whatever reason they're literally refusing to reissue the figure, I am down for the knockoff. Been checking this thread daily waiting for someone to find an online outlet to get em.

just get the next fig they have for preorder(Indra) it will have same base body(the synthetic) just will have a new faceplate with hair and it will be wearing clothing and come with a weapons. thats what the plan is i think. you can remove all that stuff and still have a figure very close to the bare bones vers out now.

screw the bootlegs. if anyone here is impressed by this company support them directly, they are a breath of fresh air in the world of 1/6. they are working with the amazing Japanese manga artist Tsutomu Nihei and have alot of cooler figs planned/in the works.

Back