1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Poor old CaRB keeps getting the end of the stick by these test units lol

So more variations to collect.

I prefer the one-offs. Four of the same with different color-coding is tedious and repetitive.

Agreed. I do wish they at least varied accessories up more significantly or incorporated gimmicks onto the body as with CaRB. I think the base body has life left in it, though. It's literally the best thing about these toys.

I was never able to get a Test Body (orange highlights)... so I'm hoping this new one is the same with a new color scheme, and maybe some extras "surprises" since its built to hunt/stop CaRBs.

I wish they'd make a really crazy synth... so many possibilities.

Just looked at the 1000toys post and noticed that the CRC will have two different versions. Slight changes but changes nevertheless.

The print/logo on the shirt will be different for those two events. Plus not both events will have the included T shirt package.

Sucks for one party.

Oh my god you might be right. What if the higher price is because the body is more detailed under the clothes?

Agreed. I do wish they at least varied accessories up more significantly or incorporated gimmicks onto the body as with CaRB. I think the base body has life left in it, though. It's literally the best thing about these toys.

and make them exclusives? no thanks. we were lucky with the anti-carb.

Just looked at the 1000toys post and noticed that the CRC will have two different versions. Slight changes but changes nevertheless.

The print/logo on the shirt will be different for those two events. Plus not both events will have the included T shirt package.

Sucks for one party.

only difference is the cheap print out, it'll probably crack or come off in few years time, same as those patches around the sleeves, just hate it when companies use that type of prints.

also wonder what happened to the bootleg Test Types, they pop up and just vanished, i've never seen one on sales or picture online.

CaRB is currently the most different figure produced and it wasn't an exclusive. The con exclusives have all essentially been redecos (test body) or kitbashes (anti-CaRB). I know that's too few toys to make assumptions about future things, but they haven't yet produced a con exclusive that a customiser couldn't make for you. Hopefully they will ramp up regular toy production and put out new designs soon.

CaRB is currently the most different figure produced and it wasn't an exclusive. The con exclusives have all essentially been redecos (test body) or kitbashes (anti-CaRB). I know that's too few toys to make assumptions about future things, but they haven't yet produced a con exclusive that a customiser couldn't make for you. Hopefully they will ramp up regular toy production and put out new designs soon.

you can't make the Anit-CaRB with kitbashes, it had tons of parts specifically developed for them. If you are just talking about the body yes, but it came with clothings, hands, helmet & weapon which doesn't make them a kitbash. Because based on the way you say it 90% Hot Toys figures are kitbash because they all use that few Truetype bodies.

My definition is off; I'll admit that. Were you arguing that we shouldn't have more unique figures in case they're all con exclusives, or did I interpet that wrong?

My definition is off; I'll admit that. Were you arguing that we shouldn't have more unique figures in case they're all con exclusives, or did I interpet that wrong?

since Con Exclusives are usually in low volumes, it would cost more to produce, as such they would try to reuse existing parts as much as they can, unless, of course they sell the items at much higher price to cover the new production for unique items with low production runs. and we all know when it comes to limited run for this company, it's really limited.

well unless they have plans to reuse those parts in future release. what i see is they actually produced alot of surplus parts that is why they can continue selling at small quantities.

But since the theme of this series is to use similar body bases, i don't see the need for unique figure. loses the point of having Synthetic Human as the base. I would appreciate a new faceplate/wig/outfit over a new body design. if you are looking for unique different products HT is the way to go.

also wonder what happened to the bootleg Test Types, they pop up and just vanished, i've never seen one on sales or picture online.

Anti-carbs got to them and blew up their factories. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going through eBay looking for Wolverines Sentinel base, when I saw pics of AntiCaRB Sekimu undressed, & noticed he had a similar colourway to the mysterious head sculpt pic.

11373725_1632641350336710_1893527071_n.jpg

Sekimu AntiCaRB

$_57.JPG

Maybe somebody was onto something when they said it was for those that went through the hassle of returning wrongfully sent figures.

that is the anti-carb base body.
they only differ from their weapon of choice.lolz

Noooo

If it's another non-glossy body for $200 that would be very disappointing

that skin tone face plate is a good freebie though. hope it gets included as a freebie, and not as an exclusive.lolz

that is the anti-carb base body.
they only differ from their weapon of choice.lolz
I'm guessing they are all that colour then. Makes sense that the mysterious head sculpt shown might be for those. Would be cool if it was also for a whole new regular Synthetic body.

yep. clothes and gear pretty much the same. only weapon set differ.
stripped mine off nekkid as i wasn't intending to get all 4 anyway.lolz

If it came with that sculpt to begin with, I might have pre ordered & undressed one as well.

Back