1/6th scaled Uruk-hai action figure Trend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if some of these parts could be reused for Azog. I know Azog is supposed to be taller than Uruks, but I'd be fine with scaling him down a bit for the sake of actually getting him into the collection.

I hope this project is still on track. I would love to have 1/6 Lurtz/Uruk-hai or even Azog in my collection. I will purchase them all.

Any update, Asmus? @inyacher

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was thinking earlier that if Asmus are struggling with the Uruk Hai body, Lurtz should be made as the third Crown Series figure.

We expect to pay top dollar for that line so they could justify the development of the seamless, textured and painted body which is probably holding them back at the moment. I’d expect something similar to their upcoming Gollum where the visible joints are only at the shoulder and hips. That would allow them to use the same body for Azog and have switch out arms.
It will open the door for future mainline Uruks that should be cheaper as the R&D would be done and the mold would be paid off.

Crown Lurtz could/must also have rooted hair and leather armour.

I was thinking earlier that if Asmus are struggling with the Uruk Hai body, Lurtz should be made as the third Crown Series figure.

We expect to pay top dollar for that line so they could justify the development of the seamless, textured and painted body which is probably holding them back at the moment. I’d expect something similar to their upcoming Gollum where the visible joints are only at the shoulder and hips. That would allow them to use the same body for Azog and have switch out arms.
It will open the door for future mainline Uruks that should be cheaper as the R&D would be done and the mold would be paid off.

Crown Lurtz could/must also have rooted hair and leather armour.
I believe Asmus wants to develop the orc body so they can release multiple orcs such as Lurtz, Uruk-hai Warrior, and Archer so collectors can army build them and the development cost would return with a high sales number. Releasing only a crown series Lurtz might not be worth it because not many would buy it for a 400-500 price tag. I think Asmus would like these to be something like HT Trooper figures with many variants that are easy to make but people buy several of them.

Last edited:
I wonder if they could do something along the lines of Sideshows Wolverine. Include one set of arms with the joints and one or two sets pre-posed. That would drive up the price but it could satisfy those that value pose ability over hidden joints and those that value the hidden joints over pose ability. I would be the most hesitant with the rubber bodies because I don’t want them to fall apart especially since I would probably be buying at least one of every Uruk they make.

Ugh, I hope it's not seamless. Joints at the shoulders and elbows like Hot Toys wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially since these guys wear armor. Not trying to put down $300+ on a rubber suited figure.

Ugh, I hope it's not seamless. Joints at the shoulders and elbows like Hot Toys wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially since these guys wear armor. Not trying to put down $300+ on a rubber suited figure.
Lurtz need silicone arms. Not visible, ugly af double joints. Have you seen ROTJ Leia? It looks horrendous!

Lurtz need silicone arms. Not visible, ugly af double joints. Have you seen ROTJ Leia? It looks horrendous!
I wasn't thinking of double joints for the arms, more something like this:

51tjLVw5usL._AC_SY606_.jpg

If you were to pose Lurtz aiming his bow for an extended period of time, would you really want to risk that with rubber/silicone skin?

I hope this project is still on track. I would love to have 1/6 Lurtz/Uruk-hai or even Azog in my collection. I will purchase them all.

Any update, Asmus? @inyacher

Thanks!
Nope, but thanks for your remind. I will keep an eye on these two orc figures. Thank you.

Does that mean they ARE still in development, but that they just don't have any update to share at this moment?
I guess developing the seamless body is a VERY hard and expensive process. Hopefully, Asmus will manage to figure it out and once they do I will support them by buying as many orcs as I can :)

Back