1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1:6 TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Neither are perfectly accurate. The closest I've seen to perfect is the Kotobukia vinyl snap-kit. Sideshow's comes in a close second.

I have to disagree with this.. the Medi is head and shoulders above the SSC sculpt. Yes the body isnt articulated as much, but besides him scampering on Lukes back..when did he ever articulate? The dude was in the same position the entire movie..unless you made his fingers move..the medi is dead on in my opinion. I still ordered the SSC one, but it may be a cancel down the road depending if there is a repaint.

that attakus yoda (first version) is pretty tough to beat sculpt wise.

It's funny how the Medicommies come out in droves with irrational posts to defend purchasing an overpriced VCD. :lol

There's just as much wrong with Medi's accuracy without even getting into the fact that articulation won't even allow him to sit. :lol

I think the SS version looks better, has a better body and better goodies come with him.
Its just better all around imo.:)
The paint may not even be off that much. We all know when we get figures they usually look better in hand.

I like the Yoda , better than Medi , and the environment , is nice and funny like the Barbie's hose .:elefant:dance

Kotobukiya
yoda%20koto.jpg

Attakus
attakusresinyoda.jpg

Medicom

review_vcdyoda_3.jpg

Medicom is definitely not bad. He looks really good at some angles. Still think Koto is the best.

I think the SS version looks better, has a better body and better goodies come with him.
Its just better all around imo.:)
The paint may not even be off that much. We all know when we get figures they usually look better in hand.

The last sentence was the line I was waiting for someone to say. :goodpost:

Koto Yoda is definitely the best likeness, followed by the 1:6 Sideshow. I wonder why so many companies (including SSC in multiple scales) are able to nail PT Yoda but have such difficulty with TESB. Even the Attakus OT Yoda isn't that great.

The BSP video is back up. . . it seems like they edited out the line mentioning the Bogwing is the exclusive accessory.

WOW! The environment looks awkward as hell! Probably have to come with a shoe-horn to squeeze ole' Luke into the damn thing. Cost is way to high on this item as well.

Speaking of high, Yoda is a huge pass at that price point.

Koto Yoda is definitely the best likeness, followed by the 1:6 Sideshow. I wonder why so many companies (including SSC in multiple scales) are able to nail PT Yoda but have such difficulty with TESB. Even the Attakus OT Yoda isn't that great.

I'm guessing the shape of the puppets head may change a bit from scene to seen... which could lead to discrepancies in how one would choose to sculpt him, or how Yoda appears in the "minds eye".

I do agree, the Koto looks the most like Yoda to me... not feeling the Attakus though.

WOW! The environment looks awkward as hell! Probably have to come with a shoe-horn to squeeze ole' Luke into the damn thing. Cost is way to high on this item as well.

Speaking of high, Yoda is a huge pass at that price point.

Reall? $275 for a giant, one-off piece with a ton of accessories seems high to you?

I felt Jabba's throne at $200 was a bit of a stretch years ago, but at $275 (when the latest IM is $215) this seems like a steal.

Me neither - in the BSV the diorama looks huge and impressive.

That said - anyone found a good dealer price? tax for us CA people makes it hard to buy direct for
the non exclusive items.

Reall? $275 for a giant, one-off piece with a ton of accessories seems high to you?

I felt Jabba's throne at $200 was a bit of a stretch years ago, but at $275 (when the latest IM is $215) this seems like a steal.

I think it depends on how you look at it. It's about the same price as a single PF, but I think it will be more impressive than that, and you can have a lot more fun with it (if that's your thing). So in that sense it's cheap. But then again, it's almost $300 for an action figure accessory.

the hut could be great but i would have expected a better yoda considering how good Jabba was...and Vader.
tiger electronics did this nicer yoda face 10 years ago
IMG_6074R.jpg

Ordered...can't wait to see it tonight! :yess:

Back