1/6th Hot Toys The Last Jedi Poe Dameron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friends and I spent every afternoon in the summer playing our backyard adventures taking turns being Ree Yees, Lobot, 4-Lom, and most importantly the greatest hero of the Rebellion of all...General Madine! As a result of our detailed backyard storylines and the fact that these were all our favorite Kenner figures growing up these are factually the most important and essential characters in the Star Wars Universe...the fact that JJ and Ruin Johnson did not read my 6 year old mind, figure this out, and then build the sequel trilogy around these characters shows how much they hate the fans.

The other thing people forget is that during OT times there was nothing else like Star Wars. Nothing. So we had years between movies with just our imaginations and Kenner figures, so the background characters became just as important to us.

If Zuvio has been a character in ROTJ he would have achieved cult status and his Kenner POTF figure would be worth thousands!

In modern times a movie gets about a month.... then it’s onto the next shiny thing..... times have changed.

0928e63edc931bc6aaa55122c3652aa8.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The other thing people forget is that during OT times there was nothing else like Star Wars. Nothing. So we had years between movies with just our imaginations and Kenner figures, so the background characters became just as important to us.

If Zuvio has been a character in ROTJ he would have achieved cult status and his Kenner POTF figure would be worth thousands!

In modern times a movie gets about a month.... then it’s onto the next shiny thing..... times have changed.

Very well put. :lecture

Between "Return of the Jedi" and "The Phantom Menace", there was roughly 16 years of just the original trilogy characters (outside of the EU, which also included most of them, post-RotJ).

Quote Originally Posted by neb View Post
Lmao what? Ackbar has always basically just been known for the "It's a trap!" line which became a joke/meme. He was never a big character, nor did I ever heard anyone once say "Ackbar is my one of my favorite characters" while growing up. He was essentially put into the ST as a nod by JJ. And if you're one of the people who thinks he should have been the one to do the suicide, take 10 seconds to think about the scene in question and his name. That would not blow over well.

You don't have to like the ST or the characters, but acting like Ackbar was ever actually a popular character or anything more than a joke is pretty silly. The lengths some of you guys will go is hilarious.

How old are you?

Not a slur or anything, just wondering if you fall into the 40-50 age catagory.

I would rate Squid Head, Weequay, Cloud Car Pilot and 2-1B ahead of any sequal trilogy character if that helps.

I always thought Ackbar was fantastic as a kid. Nothing to do with the trap line.

I completely agree. Ackbar was a massive part of the ROTJ end game. He addressed a lot of the A/B/X wing pilots prior to the attack on the 2nd Death Star along with Mon Mothma. After which he then commanded the the main surprise attack and if it wasn’t for him giving the order for “All craft to pull up” many more Rebels would have died during the attack. And yes I do take this far too seriously :lol But your absolutely right Ackbar and the above characters are far more meaningfull to me than any of the new ST characters. And I’ll tell you why, for me anyway. It was a different time back then. You had to read magazines to get small snippets of information about the next film in the groundbreaking Trilogy. If you were really lucky you’d stumble across a “ behind the scenes “ picture of a certain character that you’d never seen before and think, I wonder who he / she / it is. Are they Rebel, Empire or neither! Your mind was already making stories up with these mysterious new characters which you probably wouldn’t see again for another year until the film was finally released. Then once you’d seen the film it was all about getting your hands on those figures and making your own adventures with them. Saying that Ackbar is famous for being a meme really exposes just how little you really know about Star Wars and what characters like him REALLY mean to people.

I completely agree. Ackbar was a massive part of the ROTJ end game. He addressed a lot of the A/B/X wing pilots prior to the attack on the 2nd Death Star along with Mon Mothma. After which he then commanded the the main surprise attack and if it wasn’t for him giving the order for “All craft to pull up” many more Rebels would have died during the attack. And yes I do take this far too seriously :lol But your absolutely right Ackbar and the above characters are far more meaningfull to me than any of the new ST characters. And I’ll tell you why, for me anyway. It was a different time back then. You had to read magazines to get small snippets of information about the next film in the groundbreaking Trilogy. If you were really lucky you’d stumble across a “ behind the scenes “ picture of a certain character that you’d never seen before and think, I wonder who he / she / it is. Are they Rebel, Empire or neither! Your mind was already making stories up with these mysterious new characters which you probably wouldn’t see again for another year until the film was finally released. Then once you’d seen the film it was all about getting your hands on those figures and making your own adventures with them. Saying that Ackbar is famous for being a meme really exposes just how little you really know about Star Wars and what characters like him REALLY mean to people.

Exactly.

The slight dig at General Madine shows how some just didn't live through the 80s as a child. Not a figure I would clamour for a Hot Toy of, but I would 100% buy him over any ST character outside of the main 3 older OT heroes.

Imagination was a huge part of growing up and there was nothing that could compete with Star Wars and the merchandise.

Transformers, Action Force, He-Man and Ghostbusters where cool, as was Gerry Anderson related stuff, but nothing could capture the imagination like what Lucas created.

We live in a time of so much choice and very little longevity or bold creativity.

I’m glad to see so many folks sticking up for Ackbar as people who clearly have no idea what they’re talking about try to hand wave him away as nothing but a meme.

Yeah, Admiral Ackbar was an important and endearing fixture of ROTJ long before anyone made the first meme.

Yeah, basically this.

Imagination is still alive for those of us that choose to hold on to it. I like the background aliens in the ST just as much as I did the ones in the OT simply because I've never let go of my inner-child. These two guys from TFA inspired lots of imaginary fun for me honestly!

51e320f334811148628a4187c036896161327b4f_hq.jpg

Imagination is still alive for those of us that choose to hold on to it. I like the background aliens in the ST just as much as I did the ones in the OT simply because I've never let go of my inner-child. These two guys from TFA inspired lots of imaginary fun for me honestly!

51e320f334811148628a4187c036896161327b4f_hq.jpg

I agree, there are some great background characters in this expanded universe.

Sadly the diection the 2nd film took after the 1st one didn't really answer anything, just flattened the ST imo.

The First Order aren't really explained as why they are 'bad', other than our established attachment to the OT characters.

Too much politics and agendas sucked any fun out of it. The misplaced and forced humour just grated.

I am as gutted as the next fan that they didn't live up to expectation. I wasn't expecting the OT level of grandeur, but I did expect far better than what has been served up.

Exactly.

The slight dig at General Madine shows how some just didn't live through the 80s as a child. Not a figure I would clamour for a Hot Toy of, but I would 100% buy him over any ST character outside of the main 3 older OT heroes.

Imagination was a huge part of growing up and there was nothing that could compete with Star Wars and the merchandise.

Transformers, Action Force, He-Man and Ghostbusters where cool, as was Gerry Anderson related stuff, but nothing could capture the imagination like what Lucas created.

We live in a time of so much choice and very little longevity or bold creativity.

Some of you really crack me up...but slightly confuse me at the same time...I get preferring a Madine figure over a Poe Dameron figure...to each his or her own...personally I am not a fan of those Fantastic Beasts movies and would never buy a Hot Toys figure based upon them. Saw a thread for a Newt Scamander figure...peeked inside to see what it looked like...saw some comments...moved on...nothing to really say about it m'self and not too much interest in what others are saying about it because I am not buying it. There are plenty of other threads and only so many hours in a day...seriously asking here...why spend time reading a thread and even more strangely posting in a thread for a figure that one has no interest in...? Is it the fun of trying to rain on someone else's parade or is it like the thing where the weird guy in middle school tells everyone who will listen that Sally from Math class is ugly because he is really madly in love with her? Honestly curious :)

I agree, there are some great background characters in this expanded universe.

Sadly the diection the 2nd film took after the 1st one didn't really answer anything, just flattened the ST imo.

The First Order aren't really explained as why they are 'bad', other than our established attachment to the OT characters.

Too much politics and agendas sucked any fun out of it. The misplaced and forced humour just grated.

I am as gutted as the next fan that they didn't live up to expectation. I wasn't expecting the OT level of grandeur, but I did expect far better than what has been served up.

Right on man :duff

While I dont share the same opinion as you on TLJ, I do appreciate hearing a more thought out opinion than the usual “TLJ killed my star wars” type of post like I see over and over again lol

Some of you really crack me up...but slightly confuse me at the same time...I get preferring a Madine figure over a Poe Dameron figure...to each his or her own...personally I am not a fan of those Fantastic Beasts movies and would never buy a Hot Toys figure based upon them. Saw a thread for a Newt Scamander figure...peeked inside to see what it looked like...saw some comments...moved on...nothing to really say about it m'self and not too much interest in what others are saying about it because I am not buying it. There are plenty of other threads and only so many hours in a day...seriously asking here...why spend time reading a thread and even more strangely posting in a thread for a figure that one has no interest in...? Is it the fun of trying to rain on someone else's parade or is it like the thing where the weird guy in middle school tells everyone who will listen that Sally from Math class is ugly because he is really madly in love with her? Honestly curious :)

:exactly: This is just about sour grapes and spreading the misery around. The haters are hoping to demoralize fans to the point that we have a PTSD reaction to TLJ. They are actively trying to destroy your love for the franchise in a twisted attempt to validate their disillusionment, agony, and ruined nostalgia.

I think it's just more of a case of SW fans perusing SW threads, seeing this one getting bumped, clicking on it to see if there's any news and instead witnessing a debate about the quality of background characters and simply being interested enough to weigh in. I don't think it's about sour grapes or raining on anyone's parade.

I think it's just more of a case of SW fans perusing SW threads, seeing this one getting bumped, clicking on it to see if there's any news and instead witnessing a debate about the quality of background characters and simply being interested enough to weigh in. I don't think it's about sour grapes or raining on anyone's parade.

This. To be honest they should probably separate sequel threads into their own separate folder. At this point the Disney made sequels are their own separate entity anyway. It might make everyone happier, but it might also kill the sequel threads. :dunno

Back