1/6th Greedo and Cantina set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not pissed, but it bothers me that SSC does things that causes them financial harm because that just means they'll pass on price increases to us.

Releasing the accessory before the main figure is begging for massive cancellations (whether its people being cheap or whatever).

You'd think they'd learn that by now but it's always us who end up paying for it one way or another by either increasing the costs elsewhere or they will eventually abandon the 1:6 environments altogether because they are not profitable. Perhaps if they had stuck with cheaper plastic instead of dead-weight polystone we could have had more successful environment pieces like Palpy's chair, Waypoint, and maybe even a gold plated Ark.

Yeesh, man, I'd never display any environment made of a cheaper material. (Well, never say, "Never," I suppose. But I'd prefer not to.) I'm perfectly pleased with the use of polystone for the environments. I'll happily continue to pay the price for its use.

I am no lover of polystone. I would prefer a heavy, high-impact plastic...cheaper or not. Polystone breaks too easily for me...I play with my figures.

Edit - This is provisional on said plastic being able to hold detail.

I am no lover of polystone. I would prefer a heavy, high-impact plastic...cheaper or not. Polystone breaks too easily for me...I play with my figures.

Edit - This is provisional on said plastic being able to hold detail.

That is a strawman argument from apologists. Even looking at how much detail Sideshow's Jabba or Boba Fett PF have (both rotocast), one can tell by Sideshow's own products that plastic is just as capable of holding details as polystone.

I'm not a chemist or engineer or anything but looking at polystone and its granular nature vs other plastics smooth nature that I would think something made of a less coarse material would be able to create finer detail.

that said, completeley different point here, but I admit at these high prices i like denser heavier material like polystone.

I can't imagine paying $100 for cheap plastic chairs and table. If it was made out of cheap plastic like what Fischer Price or flea market toys are made of, they better be priced at like $40 or less. Especially something like these chairs and table where the paint job is as simple as a dark wash over the base color.

Did we ever get a conclusive answer as to the size of the wanted poster that is coming with Greedo?

...I admit at these high prices i like denser heavier material like polystone.

Well, that's part of the pro-plastic argument! Plastic is more durable, possibly holds detail just as well if not better, AND products made form plastic would be a lot cheaper. The Emperor's throne would probably price in at $60 - 75 if it had been made of plastic.

A plastic throne would be in much less danger of having the kind of breakage issues the polystone throne experiences as well!

Not only that, but customizers would be able to wire it up with lights, which is a tough prospect with polystone.

but thats assuming SSC prices stuff based on what it cost and not something else. frankly the economics of limited edition collectibles is so outside the normal reality it wouldn't surprise me at all if the prices were the same. After all, using the Boba Fett PF for an example, did SSC come in later and reduce the price when they switched the helmet to plastic?

Fair enough. I guess I'm just wishing that the throne had been made out of plastic and had been $40 cheaper. And I don't think that would have been an unreasonable idea.

but thats assuming SSC prices stuff based on what it cost and not something else. frankly the economics of limited edition collectibles is so outside the normal reality it wouldn't surprise me at all if the prices were the same. After all, using the Boba Fett PF for an example, did SSC come in later and reduce the price when they switched the helmet to plastic?

:lecture:lecture:lecture The price point wouldn't change. However, I'd gladly pay the same price for something considerably more durable.

plastic has its own set of issues. polystone will break when you drop it, but it won't bend or warp.

got mine in today and was pleasently surprise on the heft each one was. figured they would be hollow. sure will look nice when i have the space to display them. glad i did not cancel my order

Back