1/6 Yavin Rebel recon tower---WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the tower is looking great.
Maybe you could try to make a staff for the Trooper like in the picture after you've finisched the tower :D
Y42.JPG

Thanks DM! I definately plan on making the staff too :D

Thanks guys... gona go to hobby town in a bit and see if i can find a solution to those rings on the top:dunno

you should look into finding a sturdy antenna pole (like on portable radios) that could retract up & down..........:chew

would have to be pretty stout though...:cool:

btw..........looks great.

Looking good. Hobby Lobby sells hollow metal tubing that your bolt could fit in so you don't see the threads.

barryo-the antenna pole idea would be cool.. if they made them that thick...
Prog- I have the metel tube that Im using for now that will cover the threaded "bolt" underneath. i will eventually use some PVC I bought and cut it to size which will be attached to a base... I'll post some pics once I get there.

For now....Metal rings! Will most likely make a small groove in a wooden dowel cut to size and fit them in between the two rings. Hopefully I can work on it in the nex few days. Will post pics when I can.
ringos.jpg

Not bad, but I'd call it observation tower, observation post or maybe even a watch tower. "Reconnaissance" often implies stealth (the rebel trooper here would be clearly visible to any enemy reconnaissance patrols) and is often misused. However, different types of reconnoitering exists, but typically not executed from a static defensive posture.

Just found this thread. Great work. Did you ever finish this tower Ryan? If so I would luv to see some finished pix.

Back